Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #1426
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
'Preview' spins

I have a new KK with hardly any books on it and I thought it was time to learn collections. I'm running calibre 0.8.28 and Kindle Collections 1.7.10

I 'Customize' KC to use Authors and one specific tag. I hit 'Preview' and the job never finishes. I look at 'ps' and I see that 2 calibre threads at ~ 100% cpu. I have to kill calibre from the command line.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:54 AM   #1427
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmedia View Post
This is an AWESOME plug-in- thanks so much!

Quick question- What is the purpose of the checkbox 'Allow using user font'?

EDIT- looking at the screenshots, it appears you just need to check the box if you want to modify a parameter.
You're welcome.

The 'allow using user font' has to be checked if you want to use your own font on the Kindle. See the section in the first post in this thread regarding Modifying Kindle settings for details of how to do this.
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 04:58 AM   #1428
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
I have a new KK with hardly any books on it and I thought it was time to learn collections. I'm running calibre 0.8.28 and Kindle Collections 1.7.10

I 'Customize' KC to use Authors and one specific tag. I hit 'Preview' and the job never finishes. I look at 'ps' and I see that 2 calibre threads at ~ 100% cpu. I have to kill calibre from the command line.
What OS?

Run calibre in debug mode "calibre-debug -g > out.txt" and after it hangs for a while kill it and see where it got to in the debug output.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:26 AM   #1429
eddyj
eddyj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505, Kindle 2, 3, Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Unfortunately you will have to import your collections from another device, personally I find K4pc the easiest to use. Though I think I will keep my k2 around and use that to create my collections in Calibre and just import them from there into the Touch. But I sure do miss being able to directly use this plugin.
How does this work? My wife now has my old K3 so if I can use that, it would be an OK solution.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:25 PM   #1430
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
What OS?

Run calibre in debug mode "calibre-debug -g > out.txt" and after it hangs for a while kill it and see where it got to in the debug output.
Ubuntu. It was hung on a particular book.

Quote:
2011/12/03 01:47:17 Checking "xxx.mobi"
2011/12/03 01:47:17 File time: Thu Dec 1 05:42:32 2011
2011/12/03 01:47:17 Loading information from file
Once I took that book off the Kindle, the plugin ran. The preview also warned me about a bad "code" in another book. Any ideas?

Thanks,
tlc
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #1431
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc View Post
The preview also warned me about a bad "code" in another book. Any ideas?
What was the exact warning?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #1432
carryit
carryit
carryit began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
kindle touch plug in

ME TOO!!! my touch doesnt get used much because of the collection plug in issue... when i update collections on my kindle dx or my key board kindle or my baby kindle and try to transfer them to my touch the collections are not correct they are usually an older version... how do i update my kindle collections with amazon so that i can get a true version to my touch? i have all of the current kindle models and i am a loyal kindle book customer but i bought a nook touch when they were on sale.... its ok... i have to organize my books on shelves manually but i really like the mini sd card slot and caliber recognizes it... i will give it away as a gift because it has no text to speech which is a must for me because i listen to it as i travel for work....
Old 12-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #1433
tlc
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
What was the exact warning?
For the book that caused the plugin to spin, there was no warning.
Another book caused this warning near the top:
Quote:
These files will not be visible in any collections on the Kindle because the Mobi book type is not set correctly. If the book is in Calibre, run View Report and check the book's details for a WARNING message. Also see Troubleshooting under this plugin's Help page:

Path: /media/Kindle/documents/authorname/bookname.mobi
Title: bookname
Code: #mybooksasin^None
Type: None
Then below:
Quote:
bookname
Path: documents/authorname/bookname.mobi
Collections: nonfiction; authorname
WARNING: The Kindle will not display this Mobi book in a collection due to an invalid code: "one"
Calibre tags: nonfiction
Note: Your Personal doc tag "None" is not one of the Calibre tags for this book
Thanks!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:11 PM   #1434
pscaffidi
pscaffidi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Smile Kindle Touch

Are there plans to support the Kindle Touch with the Collections Plugin? If so, is there an approximate ETA?
Old 12-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #1435
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscaffidi View Post
Are there plans to support the Kindle Touch with the Collections Plugin? If so, is there an approximate ETA?
I don't think it is going to be possible because the Touch does not have a physical collections file on it that anyone can find.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #1436
pscaffidi
pscaffidi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I don't think it is going to be possible because the Touch does not have a physical collections file on it that anyone can find.
There must be a database file on the touch that is keeping track of the collection information, the process isn't magic.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #1437
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscaffidi View Post
There must be a database file on the touch that is keeping track of the collection information, the process isn't magic.
It seems that unlike some ereaders this file may not be accessible via USB.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #1438
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm thinking about getting my mother a new Kindle for Christmas... is touch the only one with the Collection issue? I'm thinking she'd like the small non-keyboard version (and it's easier on my wallet).
Old 12-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #1439
samsuo
samsuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
seems good solution for fonts display, i have not to hack my k3
Old 12-04-2011, 10:08 AM   #1440
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaesse View Post
I'm thinking about getting my mother a new Kindle for Christmas... is touch the only one with the Collection issue? I'm thinking she'd like the small non-keyboard version (and it's easier on my wallet).
As far as I know yes it is the only one that has the issue, I wish I would have know otherwise I would not have selected the Touch.
Closed Thread