Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2014, 02:14 AM   #121
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
My Kindle has firmware 5.6.1 on it. Unless there's new threads I missed about new hacks for it, I thought I was SOL.

From your response about it in the Kindle forum:
No then. There is still no exploit for an un-jailbroken 5.6.1 -- although there are individuals looking into it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #122
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
factorydirect.ca
Currently 69.95 but good chance of lower price again

Helen
Thanks for answering my question. $69.95 isn't too much, but I will hold out a bit longer and see if they lower the price again. I much prefer the price that you found. I still want the T3, but I can be quite the bargain hunter!
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #123
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
I still love my PRS-350, even though I have units with better screens now.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:54 PM   #124
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Thanks for answering my question. $69.95 isn't too much, but I will hold out a bit longer and see if they lower the price again. I much prefer the price that you found. I still want the T3, but I can be quite the bargain hunter!
I will probably pick up mine at the post office tomorrow. I will let you know how they are and post if I see another bargain.

Factory direct also offers a 1 year warranty for $4 which is good for refurbished.

I am quite the bargain hunter myself

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #125
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
I will probably pick up mine at the post office tomorrow. I will let you know how they are and post if I see another bargain.

Factory direct also offers a 1 year warranty for $4 which is good for refurbished.

I am quite the bargain hunter myself

Helen
I'm sorry but I have to ask why you seem to think extended warranties are good? It's been proven over and over after many years of research on many different items, they're a waste of money in general. Specifically with regards to the Sony at Factory Direct I'd say even moreso.

Factory Direct doesn't repair the thing, Sony's not going to either, and all you're going to get is store credit. How is that beneficial? Extended warranties offer a false sense of security and all they do is line the merchant's pockets.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #126
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I absolutely love my PRS-300! I don't like the newer ones which have Wi-Fi and all that other nonsense that drains the battery quick. I just want to read, plain & simple!
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #127
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
I'm sorry but I have to ask why you seem to think extended warranties are good? It's been proven over and over after many years of research on many different items, they're a waste of money in general. Specifically with regards to the Sony at Factory Direct I'd say even moreso.

Factory Direct doesn't repair the thing, Sony's not going to either, and all you're going to get is store credit. How is that beneficial? Extended warranties offer a false sense of security and all they do is line the merchant's pockets.
I totally agree with you. But for many they are necessity for peace of mind.

I was just mentioning that factory direct warrantees are cheap as these things go for those that purchase warrantees.

I use my Visa that automatically gives me a two year warranty because it does not cost me anything additional. But so far I have had no need to use it, reinforcing your point.

I am not touting factory direct, as I am aware of the no refund policy, but if I feel the price is extremely good I will buy from them.

Helen

Edit:BTW they will replace them if they have stock and a credit is better than nothing.

Last edited by speakingtohe; 11-27-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #128
speakingtohe
Wizard

I just picked up my 2 T3s from the Post Office.

They are in pristine condition and both fully charged.

They did come in a whacking great box with a yard or two of bubble wrap, but I have seen worse in the way of over packing.

I am putting my mystery books on one and fantasy on the other. If that works out for me I will label them

Sorry for going on, but I am excited. I really do love my Sonys

Helen
Old 11-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #129
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

speakingtohe.... It does sound like you got a really good deal on those refurbished T3s. I have had pretty good luck with buying refurbished in the past...knock on wood...and I would be willing to take a chance on Factory Direct, especially for the price you paid. Please let us know if you again find such a deal again and I will jump on in .
Happy Thanksgiving Day!!
Old 11-28-2014, 03:21 PM   #130
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
I'm weeping a little as I prepare my T1 to go to a new home. I really do like the Kobo Aura H2O that's replacing it, but the T1 has been with me a long time and I'll miss it.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #131
speakingtohe
Wizard

Prs-T3 is 49.95 at factory direct (Canada only)

A friend wanted me to order one for him at $69.95 and I was pleasantly surprised to see it on sale lower.

Helen
Old 12-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #132
Kaysclie
Addict

So sad....factory direct is in Canada. Why can't it be in the USA? And they apparently won't mail to places outside of Canada. No deal for me.
But thanks for posting. At least some people can take advantage of this sale.
Old 12-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #133
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
My T1 behaves really bad for a while now (freezes when using the dictionary), so I will have to abandon it in favour of a KV.
I do enjoy the 350 (PRS+ is rock solid), but that has been conquered by the lady long time ago... ;-)
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #134
onizuko
onizuko began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505 & T3S
Quote:
Prs-T3 is 49.95 at factory direct (Canada only)

A friend wanted me to order one for him at $69.95 and I was pleasantly surprised to see it on sale lower.

Helen
I just saw your post and saw that it's still on sale there.
Do you know if it's the version that comes with a cover or the one that just has a back plate (T3S)? Can't seem to find any information on their site. I know it says PRST3, but you never know if they pay attention to those details.

I almost purchased it like 3 months ago and decided to wait. It was like 100 CAD for the T3S + separate cover (same price as T3 with included cover). 2 weeks ago I went to the Sony Store to finally buy it and they told me that they weren't selling them anymore (my heart broke into a million pieces at that instant). I've had a PRS-505 for 6 years now and it still works great(ish), so I have high hopes for the T3 in terms of quality.

Last edited by onizuko; 12-04-2014 at 11:52 PM.
onizuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #135
oldhaggis
Enthusiast
oldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmosoldhaggis has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3, Sony T3, Oasis 2
Although I have a kobo H20 with a carta display, I still use my T3 as my main reader,Just love it.The kobo is very good,but to my eyes the reading experience on the Sony is better. Even at night I prefer it (with a mighty bright xtra flex popped on)
oldhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote