Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-17-2014, 06:05 AM   #121
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Ginrai View Post
Does anyone know yet how to change the default image when the device is powered off or in sleep mode? I want to personalize this, but I have not found an option to do so yet.

-God Ginrai
is it possible to put a image in root rename it to suspend.jpg with wite protection ON like the Tolino's Devices?
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #122
dmitriy
dmitriy began at the beginning.

Device: nook, kindle etc...
Could you please check the bluetooth function on the T68? keyboard, headset and MOST importantly Bluetooth GPS? You can use bluetooth GPS provider from the play store to enable GPS NMEA data to mapping apps. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....mobilej.btgps
dmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2014, 06:32 PM   #123
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitriy View Post
Could you please check the bluetooth function on the T68? keyboard, headset and MOST importantly Bluetooth GPS? You can use bluetooth GPS provider from the play store to enable GPS NMEA data to mapping apps. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....mobilej.btgps
I don't have any Bluetooth accessories to test, but one reader has connected his BT keyboard and mouse:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...comment-518719
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:27 AM   #124
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Please share your impressions about the quality of frontlight in T68. I am more concerned about how dim the frontlight is at the lowest setting.

I have read discussions at Nate's blog (http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...comment-518719) and Allesbook.de (https://translate.google.com/transla...orten-47614%2F)
Both have different impressions about the frontlight. How does the frontlight compare to Kindle paperwhite and Kobo Aura HD?

Slightly off topic: I remember reading in the past that the lowest frontlight level in Onyx i62 ML was quite bright. Users wanted it to be less. The official firmware meant for Chinese users seemed to improve this aspect.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #125
wolviex
wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
Please share your impressions about the quality of frontlight in T68. I am more concerned about how dim the frontlight is at the lowest setting.
I just receive it.
Before I will check other options and will have a time to play with this device, I can share my impressions about the frontlight.
I had M92 so far so this is my first reader with this option. I used to use external boox small lamp.
First impression is good. Contrast is significantly lower with the light (what is minus) and it seems to be more yellowish (good). My camera says it is about 3000K of color temperature. The highest settings of frontligh is really ligh! The lowest in dark room looks really fine, but I didn't spend a lot of time reading in low light conditions, so how does the light affects the eyes is remain to be seen. Lux meter on my camera (is very limited, but at least it is any point of reference) gives number 10. But also 10 is the lowest in dark room for my camera (it cannot go lower due to light from the phone screen). So this number looks good. The avarage daylight in the room is 200+ lux, direct windows light is sunny day gives 10000+ of lux, and my small boox lamp for a reader was 160 lux light - just to give you an overall reference.

Last edited by wolviex; 06-19-2014 at 06:26 AM.
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2014, 08:23 AM   #126
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
Slightly off topic: I remember reading in the past that the lowest frontlight level in Onyx i62 ML was quite bright. Users wanted it to be less. The official firmware meant for Chinese users seemed to improve this aspect.
I wish the lowest setting on the frontlight was dimmer, yes. It gives the screen a nice even white glow, but when I am reading in dim lighting conditions I like to turn the frontlight as low as possible. The frontlight is too bright, and the only the other option is to turn it all the way of.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:05 PM   #127
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolviex View Post
First impression is good. Contrast is significantly lower with the light (what is minus) and it seems to be more yellowish (good).
Thanks for the references. Form your results i can conclude that frontlight will be pleasant in normal light conditions. And I also prefer yellowish tone for text reading and this will be the my first reader too with frontlight option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I wish the lowest setting on the frontlight was dimmer, yes. It gives the screen a nice even white glow, but when I am reading in dim lighting conditions I like to turn the frontlight as low as possible. The frontlight is too bright, and the only the other option is to turn it all the way of.
Thank you for replying. Frontlight being dimmer was one of the most important feature that i wanted. And i was afraid beforehand that they were going to overlook this area. I hope they listen to us and improve this in future firmware updates, if it is possible to do so.

Last edited by Feher; 06-19-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #128
God Ginrai
God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx T68
Hey, does anyone know what keycodes the Forward and Back keys use? I'm trying to modify an app to use those buttons.

-God Ginrai
God Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:35 AM   #129
vandevsr
vandevsr doesn't littervandevsr doesn't litter

Device: T68
Using KeyTest.apk I got this. It's kind of confusing since there is a prominent number (the main one that catches your eye; the first one) and the other scanned code. I ignored the first one, but I'll list it anyway.
Top Left MENU, 82, 139
Bottom Left, BACK, 4, 158
Top Right, PAGE UP, 92, 104
Bottom Right, PAGE DN, 93, 109
DPad Top, 19, 103
DPad Right, 22, 106
DPad Bottom, 20, 108
DPad Left, 21, 105
DPad Center, 23, 108
vandevsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #130
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandevsr View Post
Using KeyTest.apk I got this. It's kind of confusing since there is a prominent number (the main one that catches your eye; the first one) and the other scanned code. I ignored the first one, but I'll list it anyway.
Top Left MENU, 82, 139
Bottom Left, BACK, 4, 158
Top Right, PAGE UP, 92, 104
Bottom Right, PAGE DN, 93, 109
DPad Top, 19, 103
DPad Right, 22, 106
DPad Bottom, 20, 108
DPad Left, 21, 105
DPad Center, 23, 108
That's useful info. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #131
God Ginrai
God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx T68
Thanks.

Now does anyone know where to get the android USB drivers to get USB debugging working on this device? It tells me that USB debugging is enabled when I plug the device in, but it is not getting detected by the ADT.

EDIT: Ok, now the ADT recognizes my T68, even though I didn't do anything.

However, now I've got a much bigger problem. Something is weird with this version of Android that makes the Android WebView animate all of its scroll events. I have tested 2 different methods of scrolling that did not have an animated scroll when I tested it on my cell phone, but all of a sudden did when I brought it to the T68.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by God Ginrai; 06-24-2014 at 12:13 AM.
God Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:17 PM   #132
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When reading ePub, what sort of configuration options does one have? can user installed fonts be put on the device?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #133
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When reading ePub, what sort of configuration options does one have? can user installed fonts be put on the device?
This is Android with the Google Play store so if the app you use allows it then yes. Like with Moon+.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #134
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
This is Android with the Google Play store so if the app you use allows it then yes. Like with Moon+.
But I mean the built in ePub reading app that comes with the T68. What sort of customization does it allow?

Last edited by JSWolf; 06-24-2014 at 10:08 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #135
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But I mean the built in ePub reading app that comes with the T68.
Then never mind. But since you can install whatever you want, for me it doesn't matter.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote