Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #121
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Oh, for the love of Cthulhu, will someone PLEASE help that poor squid escape becoming ika sashimi???
don't worry neko, something tells me that he's only still around because in the end he's the one who will save the day (along with hugo and lefty, my intrepid smart socks, obviously).

after that he will of course live happily ever after, in the briny depths.

right, pshrynk ? ahem. RIGHT ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:45 PM   #122
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Mrs. Myatake makes her own squid puffs and sauerkraut. Don't you think the Mister is bringing it home to her as a reconciliation gift? Think about it.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #123
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
And don't let Hogo and Lefty anywhere near Thpud the nip-addicted cat: she'll only chew them up. However, I could see Thpud and VR getting together, in one of those opposites-attract sort of relationship. She only needs the love of a good dog in order to give up her addictive behaviour, and come to terms with living in Wisconsin, in the house of a very strange man indeed.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #124
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
And don't let Hogo and Lefty anywhere near Thpud the nip-addicted cat: she'll only chew them up. However, I could see Thpud and VR getting together, in one of those opposites-attract sort of relationship. She only needs the love of a good dog in order to give up her addictive behaviour, and come to terms with living in Wisconsin, in the house of a very strange man indeed.
*snif* i love a happy ending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Mrs. Myatake makes her own squid puffs and sauerkraut. Don't you think the Mister is bringing it home to her as a reconciliation gift? Think about it.
no. that is not what happens. try to keep up, it's the post directly above yours, sheesh !
Old 11-14-2008, 06:24 PM   #125
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
**ahem** Thspud is formerly male.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #126
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Oh, for the love of Cthulhu, will someone PLEASE help that poor squid escape becoming ika sashimi???
I'm not really going to point fingers, here, but it was someone from Central Casting with the initals Nekokami who sent the squid rather than the gun. I mean, being violentlly opposed to violence is good, and all, but we gotta make do with what we got to work with, then, eh?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:45 PM   #127
pshrynk

Harv and Vivaldi sat in their seats, frustration palpable between them. They felt the call to action, but were stymied at every move. They needed something to turn the tide. Sure, the squid looked more and more like it was not actually on anyone's side but its own, but Myatake still controlled it. And Harv was fairly certain that shooting off the flare gun into the cargo bay would have resulted in more smoke than he was willing to put up with. Especially smoke involving parts of the Goose being strewn around the Pacific in a distressing fashion.

"We need a plan, Viv."

"How about we send off for a mail order catapult and launch ourselves after the spies as they run away?"

"Um. While that might sound like a good plan on the surface, I'm not too sure about the quality of goods one can get in the mail."

"Just a thought."

Another clunk signalled somehting heavy being put into the cargo hold.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:59 PM   #128
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
Hugo and Lefty snuck through the floor plates into the cockpit.

"How do you know where we're going, Hugo?"

"When we were staying with Taylor, I snuck a peek at his library. He had a set of blueprints for a Grumman Goose."

"Wow. He had everything in that library."

"Everything but the Woola Sutra."

"What's that?"

"Um. Sort of an instruction manual. For knitting."

"Are there pictures? I'm not too good with books unless there are pictures."

"Oh, yeah! There are pictures." Hugo paused, briefly lost in happy reverie. He shook himself out and continued to move forward. "We've got to convince the big Wearer to let us help."

They skittered up into the cockpit, much to the surprise of Harv and Vivaldi, who said, "Just a thought. Holy crap!"

"Hey! It takes a lot of experience and living to get this holey, mac!" said Hugo.

"Hi!" said Lefty.

The big Wearer and the the Worrier looked at them, dumbfounded.

"Those socks are moving! On their own!" said Vivaldi.

"I've had sock that did that," said Harv.

"Yeah, but they stopped after you washed them. These guys look clean already. And I think they're trying to talk to us. Socks don't talk!"

"Neither do dogs, most of the time. I'm just sayin'."

"Look," said Hugo, "We can debate the reality of talking socks another time. We ahve to do something to save the beautiful Wearer! I've got a plan..."
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #129
zelda_pinwheel

yay !!!! now we're getting somewhere !!
Old 11-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #130
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
**ahem** Thspud is formerly male.
Well, perhaps it will be an ending where the two buddies link arms (paws?) and walk away from the plane saying, "This could be the start of a beautiful friendship."
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #131
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Well, perhaps it will be an ending where the two buddies link arms (paws?) and walk away from the plane saying, "This could be the start of a beautiful friendship."
oh brilliant. man, somebody should make a film that ends that way.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #132
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by psockpuppet View Post
"Everything but the Woola Sutra."

"What's that?"

"Um. Sort of an instruction manual. For knitting."

"Are there pictures? I'm not too good with books unless there are pictures."

"Oh, yeah! There are pictures."
I don't think I'll be able to look at anything wool and knitted without thinking about Hugo, Lefty, and the Woola Sutra. Oh gees, how am I ever going to be able to wear my wool sweater without blushing...or laughing?

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #133
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
I don't think I'll be able to look at anything wool and knitted without thinking about Hugo, Lefty, and the Woola Sutra. Oh gees, how am I ever going to be able to wear my wool sweater without blushing...or laughing?

Dreamer
yeah. that's sort of a recurring theme in all our ongoing sagas. you should see some of the early episodes of the the Adventures of Vera. pear tarte has never been the same since then.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #134
pshrynk

Harv and Vivaldi watched, jaws agape as the pair of socks, well mostly the rougher looking of the two, outlined their plan. The socks gave a little bow and disappeared through the floor plating.

"Did anything about that strike you as unusual?" aksed Vivaldi after a few minutes had passed.

"Socks that could move on their own and seemed to be communicating a rather complex plan, you mean?"

"Nah. They were obviously smart wool. I mean, they were clearly a matched pair, but one was nearly pristeen and the other had that safety pin and what was clearly a tattoo on his heel. I mean, aren't they supposed to look alike?

"And how do you tattoo wool?"

"I was in the Air Force. I've seen stranger things."
Old 11-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #135
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
"I was in the Air Force... I AM a stranger thing."
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ongoing saga, saga, unutterable silliness, vera