Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #1306
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Try installing these plugin updates. They support the Glo HD custom device CSS, and they also add a "Disable Hyphenation" option to both conversion settings and driver settings. What this will do is, when converting the book (either from the conversion dialog or in the process of sending the book to the device) a new CSS file will be added to all content files forcing hyphenation to be disabled.
thank, I will fight with this after updating the Glo HD !
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:50 AM   #1307
msmelo
msmelo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Unhappy No KEPUB format option...

[SOLVED - problem between chair and ebook reader - see below]

Quick question (couldn't find an answer when searching here): I installed the Touch Extended, KePub Metadata reader & writer drivers and disabled the "standard" KoboTouch driver in Calibre 2.31.0, and restarted as per the instructions.

When I plug in the Kobo Glo HD and select Device > Configure This Device, KEPUB does appear ticked at the top of the list (and the options panel is definitely the one from Touch Extended, not from the standard driver).

The problem is when I send books from the library, KEPUB doesn't appear when sending specific format.

Solution: The list is of SOURCE formats in the library, not targets DUH! When I send the EPUB it does get to the Glo as .kepub.epub.

Sorry about that!

Last edited by msmelo; 06-27-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Provide clarification for other people
msmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2015, 02:24 AM   #1308
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmelo View Post
[SOLVED - problem between chair and ebook reader - see below]

Quick question (couldn't find an answer when searching here): I installed the Touch Extended, KePub Metadata reader & writer drivers and disabled the "standard" KoboTouch driver in Calibre 2.31.0, and restarted as per the instructions.

When I plug in the Kobo Glo HD and select Device > Configure This Device, KEPUB does appear ticked at the top of the list (and the options panel is definitely the one from Touch Extended, not from the standard driver).

The problem is when I send books from the library, KEPUB doesn't appear when sending specific format.

Solution: The list is of SOURCE formats in the library, not targets DUH! When I send the EPUB it does get to the Glo as .kepub.epub.
No, that isn't quite correct. The list is the list of formats supported by the device. The order is the preferred format. When you send a book to the device, calibre looks to see if the book has one of these formats and sends it. If the book has multiple formats, the highest on the list is sent. If listed format is found, it converts one of the others to a format in the list. I assume the conversion is to the first format in the list. And that format is added to the library.

The extended driver is a little different. It respects the list, but if an epub is sent, it converts that to kepub on the fly. And that could mean that calibre does a conversion to epub followed by the driver converting it to kepub.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:20 AM   #1309
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
That's what I would expect. If you try to send a MOBI file using the extended driver and no KePub exists, calibre will convert the MOBI to ePub and the driver week convert the ePub to KePub.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:53 PM   #1310
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hmm.... I just updated to 2.5.0 (from 2.3.3?) and then attached my Aura HD and transferred three books. When I started to read one of them something was different.... then I realised that all three books were in epub and not kepub.

Before I go crazy and try out various options, is this something that is known about 2.5.0 and will be fixed, or is it something I need to do?

Thanks,

(Calibre 2.33, Aura HD 3.15)
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #1311
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Can you get me a debug log? Remove the books (or at least one book) from your device, restart calibre in debug mode, send the book to the device, close calibre, and paste the resulting debug log here in QUOTE tags.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:04 PM   #1312
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, removed one of the books, and added it again.

Here is the log:

Quote:
calibre Debug log
X
Thanks for taking a look at it.

Last edited by patrik; 08-05-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:36 PM   #1313
patrik
Guru

I went through all the settings and as far as I can see they are ok (and I haven't changed anything for a long time). I made sure to look for that "KoboTouch" is disabled, and "enable extended kobo features" was set.

I transferred another book, which I have read before and know that the very book has been converted to kepub earlier. Same thing.

Quote:
Job: 5 Upload 1 books to device:Reality is Plastic: The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis started
Device using plugboard epub KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED [[u'{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}', u'title']]
Setting metadata in: Reality is Plastic: The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis at: /tmp/calibre_2.33.0_tmp_PmGPLN/jvsUe4caltmpfmt.epub
DEBUG: 55.2 KoboTouchExtended:upload_books:Setting FeatureSettings.FullBookPageNumbers to false
DEBUG: 55.2 KoboTouch:upload_books - 1 books
DEBUG: 55.2 KoboTouch:upload_books - files= [u'/tmp/calibre_2.33.0_tmp_PmGPLN/jvsUe4caltmpfmt.epub']
DEBUG: 55.2 KoboTouch:upload_books: Processing book: Reality is Plastic: The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis by Anthony Jacquin
DEBUG: 55.2 KoboTouch:upload_books: file=/tmp/calibre_2.33.0_tmp_PmGPLN/jvsUe4caltmpfmt.epub, name=Reality is Plastic_ The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis - Anthony Jacquin_4589.epub
DEBUG: 55.2 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Adding basic Kobo features to Reality is Plastic: The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis by Anthony Jacquin
DEBUG: 55.2 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Failed conversions will raise exceptions
DEBUG: 55.2 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Calibre details file :: /media/patrik/KOBOeReader/driveinfo.calibre
DEBUG: 55.2 KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epubriver data file :: /tmp/calibre_2.33.0_tmp_PmGPLN/ZQ4RZ7_KoboTouchExtendedDriverInfo
Copying file '/tmp/calibre_2.33.0_tmp_PmGPLN/ZQ4RZ7_KoboTouchExtendedDriverInfo' to '/tmp/calibre_2.33.0_tmp_PmGPLN/HCo8sV_epub_container' as 'driverinfo.kte'
{'clean_markup': False, 'extended_kepub_features': True, 'smarten_punctuation': False, 'no-hyphens': False, 'replace_lang': False, 'hyphenate': False}
KoboTouchExtended:common:modify_epub:Found cover image ID 'cover'
KoboTouchExtended:common:modify_epub:Setting cover-image property
I noticed the line with KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Failed conversions will raise exceptions
Old 08-04-2015, 06:03 AM   #1314
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
I went through all the settings and as far as I can see they are ok (and I haven't changed anything for a long time). I made sure to look for that "KoboTouch" is disabled, and "enable extended kobo features" was set.

I transferred another book, which I have read before and know that the very book has been converted to kepub earlier. Same thing.

I noticed the line with KoboTouchExtended:_modify_epub:Failed conversions will raise exceptions
if u use the spoiler tags, your post doesn't use the whole page..
Old 08-04-2015, 06:26 AM   #1315
patrik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
if u use the spoiler tags, your post doesn't use the whole page..
Yes, but it's such a beautiful page, don't you agree?

I actually did that first, but then I saw that jgoguen asked for them to be put in quote-tags, and since he is doing all the work, the least I can do is to deliver the info the way he asks, so I edited my post.

Hmm, am I the only one this is happening to? One would presume that if there was some general error in 2.5.0 more people would react?
Old 08-04-2015, 06:38 AM   #1316
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
Yes, but it's such a beautiful page, don't you agree?

I actually did that first, but then I saw that jgoguen asked for them to be put in quote-tags, and since he is doing all the work, the least I can do is to deliver the info the way he asks, so I edited my post.

Hmm, am I the only one this is happening to? One would presume that if there was some general error in 2.5.0 more people would react?
It is a nice page... I never updated the driver,I am still on 2.3.3 but maybe a stupid question but the option to make the kepub is on ?? because it can be put off in the plugin preferences ?
(enable extended kobo features must be ticked)
Old 08-04-2015, 08:14 AM   #1317
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
It happens to me too, after the last update, and it's totally anoying as it defeats the plugin purpose. Furthermore, there's no warning so you don't know till you're reading the book.

And Nick, I've only updated the plugin, I haven't changed the preferences at all. If it's changed the update has done it.

The option "Don't warn about failed conversion" is unchecked so it should warn, but it doesn't.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 08-04-2015 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Info added.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:22 AM   #1318
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
And Nick, I've only updated the plugin, I haven't changed the preferences at all. If it's changed the update has done it.
Yes.. but it would not be the first time that after an upgrade in general, user settings are overwritten,so it was worth trying if it was that simple.. I only want to help.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:24 AM   #1319
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Yes.. but it would not be the first time that after an upgrade in general, user settings are overwritten,so it was worth trying if it was that simple.. I only want to help.
I understand it, but nothing has changed in the preferences (I've checked it). Anyway, I've downloaded a previous version of the plugin in the thread till this is solved, as it doesn't work now and I prefer kepub. BTW, it's for all the books, not a specific one.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #1320
appoloin
appoloin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I got kepud's from the plugin by unticking epub in the format list
appoloin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, kobo aura one