Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-14-2019, 10:57 AM   #1246
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm on a "kind of diet". To help me with my type 2 diabetes management in trying to stick to a low carb approach. So far is going great. This has included cutting out soft drinks, breads, cakes, muffins, and limiting items like rice and potatoes.

One treat I do allow us having a diner breakfast on Sundays before Church; normally an omelette or bacon and eggs. Today I found a great alternative (cheaper).. McDonald's and customize the egg McMuffin to remove the English Muffin. They serve it on a plastic tray with cutlery!
Low carb can definitely help diabetes. That's exactly what I done. I was pre-diabetic and reversed that with the diet and weight loss.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:53 PM   #1247
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
So two and a half years ago my weight was in the 230s (pounds). Worse, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and forced to use an uncomfortable CPAP machine. As it so happened, my college required my to take a gym class to graduate. So I took the opportunity and soon found myself exercising regularly. I also stopped consuming sugary foods and started eating more vegetables and rice. Within a year I had dropped down to 195, a few months later I was down to 178.

Unfortunately life got... complicated... and I found myself lacking the motivation to exercise, along with craving more indulgent foods. I'm now back to the mid-190s. Still, since coming to Europe I have found a great love of biking. I bought my own bike a month ago, so I wouldn't have to deal with the rental units... it needed a lot of repair, but now that its up and running I've spent the last couple weeks going back and forth around town. A few days ago I even managed a collective three hour ride to and from the nearby city of Heidelberg. If I keep this up I'm hopeful that my weight will start going down again.

(all this lovely German beer and bread doesn't exactly help matters, but I digress)

Last edited by Dylrob; 04-21-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2020, 03:13 AM   #1248
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm still around 77kg. And I know exactly why - I've been eating more than I should.
And five months of working from home hasn't helped. 80.1kg yesterday morning, so it's time to do some serious non-snacking.

It should help that I'm back in the office full-time now, which makes non-snacking a lot easier. We'll see in a couple of weeks if I've managed to keep to this resolution!
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:09 AM   #1249
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
Not conciously dieting, but made an unfortunate discovery a few weeks ago; I have always loved cheese and eaten lots of it. Now,apparently, I have developed some sort of lactose intolerance to it. If I eat any cheese now, it fails to 'agree with me'! Which is a total pain, since I still love the taste and texture of various cheeses, and crave what I can no longer comfortably eat!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 05:21 AM   #1250
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Not exactly a diet but I’ve been watching more what I eat, the 3 months of confinement came with weight gain, so I had to do something, since I don’t exactly eat badly I made some changes, I’ve reduced the snacking and the sweets, I have a sweet tooth and I used to eat sweets almost every day, I traded the cookies for homemade yogurt and nuts and started to eat more salad.
Also I started to do walking’s, I go every other day and do at least 6 km, yesterday was a good day, I made 8,5 km and was able to keep each one under 10 min, I’ve now lost 3 kilos in 3 months.
I found that I quite like the walking’s, which was unexpected, in the beginning it was because I need to exercise, now I enjoy them, part of it is because I do them while listening to an audiobook, so it is not so much a chore but a way to have time to listen to my book.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2021, 06:59 AM   #1251
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
One other thing I didn’t do during the pandemic year was weigh myself. Sweatpants were my friend. But on March 15 of this year, after a year and a few days, I finally nerved myself to the unwelcome but unsurprising news. Three months later, I’m relieved to say that I’ve taken off the Covid weight and a few more pounds as well, and now weigh less than I have in 5½ years*.

How is everyone else doing with their pandemic pounds (or kilos or stone)? Or didn’t you gain any, or perhaps took advantage of being at home to exercise and eat well?

*No, I’m not obsessive enough to track my weight, but I have a smart scale that tracks it willy-nilly.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:04 AM   #1252
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I actually lost weight ... stress kills my appetite ... and I take lots of walks, weather permitting ...I lost about 13 pounds
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:35 AM   #1253
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm hovering around 78kg now.

And I'm not back to the office full time - I got a new job in January, and now I work from home 90% of the time.

I'm not unhappy at my current weight. Maybe this year I'll get down to 70kg? But I doubt it.
Old 06-18-2021, 12:00 PM   #1254
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Is see food, eat food considered a diet?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 04:56 AM   #1255
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm hovering around 78kg now.

And I'm not back to the office full time - I got a new job in January, and now I work from home 90% of the time.

I'm not unhappy at my current weight. Maybe this year I'll get down to 70kg? But I doubt it.
I hovered around 78kg the rest of that year and this year, but over-indulgence has lead me to 80.1kg this morning.

So - New Year's Resolution! 2023 is the year I finally get back down to 70kg!
Old 01-01-2023, 12:37 PM   #1256
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Good luck!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 01:28 PM   #1257
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I began doing multiple walks per day during the first lockdown in 2020 - I've been able to continue walking 3-5 miles/day since I continued to work from home. I've dropped 20 pounds and now weigh what I did in college.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 04:13 PM   #1258
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Inspiring!
Old 01-27-2023, 05:35 PM   #1259
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
The trick to dieting is not eating the same item each day. In the states, Coca Cola seems to be a fad with every meal. Warren Buffett drinks several cans a day. I stop at one can every 3 days. It is better for your digestive system to drink seltzer or water. Find solid food that do not upset your stomach. Blueberries and pistachio nuts work fine with my digestive system. I follow the advice of Dr. Gundry. Last, but not least, Fat Abe is not fat.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:14 PM   #1260
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Abe View Post
The trick to dieting is not eating the same item each day. In the states, Coca Cola seems to be a fad with every meal. Warren Buffett drinks several cans a day. I stop at one can every 3 days. It is better for your digestive system to drink seltzer or water. Find solid food that do not upset your stomach. Blueberries and pistachio nuts work fine with my digestive system. I follow the advice of Dr. Gundry. Last, but not least, Fat Abe is not fat.
I appreciate the tips, thanks. Comfy is a bit fat.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote