Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2020, 06:55 AM   #106
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: KT, KPW4, PB740-2
Please try https://github.com/ezdiy/pbjb/releas...5-g22a3f77.zip

First, it now tries *very* aggressively to nuke whatever remmants of v6 it finds.

Second, It now does log the whole install process into pbjb_install_log.txt without ssh console running (which could be possibly interfering).
ezdiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 07:48 AM   #107
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Did it, didn't work, steps:
1) Uninstall v6 with services v8.15, reboot (log attached)
2) Install services v8.15-extraction failed (log attached)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Log_815.zip (3.3 KB, 206 views)
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2020, 08:05 AM   #108
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ups, now even with installing v6 I got the same error:
Services without settings
Attached Files
File Type: zip services6_install.zip (1.0 KB, 202 views)
Old 10-02-2020, 09:02 AM   #109
ezdiy
Zealot
ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.ezdiy can grok the meaning of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Ups, now even with installing v6 I got the same error:
Services without settings
Ye, that means v6 had been always failing the same way v8 does, but now v8 installer at least managed to delete *old* v6 files in init.d.

Since you're the only one getting this error I'm starting to suspect it's either seriously corrupted fs on /mnt/secure, or something wrong with fw versions perhaps. tar being broken and trying to extract into wrong directory?

Also, the log files don't appear to be what they should be either (set -x flag not working).

Here's last attempt - https://github.com/ezdiy/pbjb/releas...6-g8f1fb88.zip

If that fails, you'll need to replicate the install commands by hand and then low level strace the exact point its being told there's no free space on device, figure out where that comes from etc etc.

Also, check dmesg to see if there's something in it.

btw, you don't need services running to get ssh, jailbreak.app is enough - first post has information how to run sshd directly. Dont uninstall su now, as you may not get it back.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:24 AM   #110
nhedgehog
Guru

In the meantime I removed my internal SD card and did an
1) fsck -r /dev/sdb3 which correspondents with /mnt/secure but that didn't help either and did show no corroption.
2) Manually removed all that pbjb installed on /mnt/secure (except su) - didn't help though
3) Removed json files under /mnt/ext1/system/profiles/*/settings - no help
Advert
Old 10-02-2020, 09:31 AM   #111
nhedgehog
Guru

8.16 install failed, log 8.16 attached

Edit: Strange thing is: I still have 35MB free space left.
Edit: No 35MB are reported free but using it on another machine is not possible. I guess I have a problem with my mmcblk0p3 partition.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pbjb_install_log.zip (2.5 KB, 225 views)

Last edited by nhedgehog; 10-02-2020 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2020, 10:03 AM   #112
nhedgehog
Guru

If my secure partition has failed, I have a allready made tar backup of it. It is an ext3 partition. I guess I have to delete, recreate and refill it???
Old 10-02-2020, 10:10 AM   #113
ezdiy
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
If my secure partition has failed, I have a allready made tar backup of it. It is an ext3 partition. I guess I have to delete, recreate and refill it???
Code:
mkfs.ext2 -cc /dev/sdcardsecurepartition
, then copy the files back. The most crucial files on it are .freezestatus, pbpk, deviceid, bootlogo.bmp. You should set permissions on them correctly too, as I remember at least some being checked.

The -cc parameter will check the partition with read/write format, and possibly skip the bad blocks. It may take a while.

Last edited by ezdiy; 10-03-2020 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:04 AM   #114
nhedgehog
Guru

Edit:
Updated successfully to v8.16.
Thanks to all who helped, especially ezdiy!!!

Last edited by nhedgehog; 10-02-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 11-14-2020, 08:13 AM   #115
wloszynski
wloszynski began at the beginning.

Device: PB Touch Lux 4
Smile Remote control of PocketBook Touch Lux 4

Hello everyone!
Am I anyhow able to control my PB via Bluetooth or USB? I want to change pages without touching my e-reader. So, for instance I will have my reader below my monitor, and I want to be able to change pages with keyboard shortcut(?).
wloszynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:42 AM   #116
ibiza666
ibiza666 plays well with othersibiza666 plays well with othersibiza666 plays well with othersibiza666 plays well with othersibiza666 plays well with othersibiza666 plays well with othersibiza666 plays well with othersibiza666 plays well with othersibiza666 plays well with othersibiza666 plays well with othersibiza666 plays well with others

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Voyage, Tolino Vision HD3, PBTouch HD3
Control reader functions over ssh

Similar question as the one above. Is it possible to remotecontrol the reader.
e. g. Switch on Light and set brightness etc.

I'd like to gift a pb632 to my parents, who are not that good with electronics.
They got a pc years ago an recently thanks to better connectionspeeds, ssh and other GUI tools I can assist them, "whenever" they have problems. Before that I had to help them each visit and that was frustrating.
ibiza666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 02:14 PM   #117
wloszynski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibiza666 View Post
Similar question as the one above. Is it possible to remotecontrol the reader.
e. g. Switch on Light and set brightness etc.

I'd like to gift a pb632 to my parents, who are not that good with electronics.
They got a pc years ago an recently thanks to better connectionspeeds, ssh and other GUI tools I can assist them, "whenever" they have problems. Before that I had to help them each visit and that was frustrating.
I think you can turn automatic brightness control.
For remote page turning problem I managed to create software for PC and Android.

PC: https://github.com/wloszynski/lazy-pocketbook-pc
Android: https://github.com/wloszynski/lazy-pocketbook-android

Switching light on and setting brightness, or opening book you will have to create event sequence for touch moves (for example turning light on will be: open options->turn ligh on -> close options). I can help you with that. Opening books remotely is possible, but it will be difficult to accomplish, as far as I know, it is not possible to open book via ssh (with command like 'open Romeo and Julia'), but I will check it.

As I said before if you need any help, let me know.
Cheers!
Old 11-23-2020, 02:52 PM   #118
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Opening books is not difficult if you can invoke the reader program from the shell. For koreader e.g.:

Code:
# /mnt/ext1/applications/koreader.app  /mnt/ext1/English/London,\ Ja
ck\ -\ Before\ Adam.epub
For the stock eink-reader I haven't figured out, calling /usr/bin/eink-reader.app just segfaults for me, but very likely there is a way.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 03:38 PM   #119
wloszynski

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEriq View Post
Opening books is not difficult if you can invoke the reader program from the shell. For koreader e.g.:

Code:
# /mnt/ext1/applications/koreader.app  /mnt/ext1/English/London,\ Ja
ck\ -\ Before\ Adam.epub
For the stock eink-reader I haven't figured out, calling /usr/bin/eink-reader.app just segfaults for me, but very likely there is a way.
Wow, that's actually damn cool! Thanks for sharing! Btw I have a feeling that Koreader app is much faster than the stock eink-reader.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:01 AM   #120
VeronikaMD
VeronikaMD began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 650
Hello,
I have the new Pocketbook Color and can't access the folder System because it is really hidden.
I could manage to access the folder "fonts" (through a search) which is now : system\adobe\fonts and could add my custom fonts but it doesn't work on the device.
On this device we can't access cfg files anymore.
I would like to install KoReader but I think it will be rather impossible for me.
Is there an explorer which shows such files ? Does anyone has an idea on all this ?
Thank you for your replies !
VeronikaMD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
root