Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #106
Matches Malone
Connoisseur
Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.Matches Malone can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PW2, Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflower75 View Post
*sigh* I ordered the Belkin. It doesn't have the auto sleep feature when you close the cover. So now I'll have to wait until Kindle accessories go on sale and order one that does have that feature, because in order to wake up the Kindle? You have to swipe the screen--one of the things I absolutely HATED about the Nook Touch. Why would they bring that awful feature to Kindle? Why? Why??
I feel the same way. The Belkin case is a complete waste of money.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #107
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Wallflower, I have special offers on mine at the moment, so I have to swipe the screen, but without special offers you shouldn't have to.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 07:08 AM   #108
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
You can't wake it up by pressing the button????
It wakes up by pressing the button, but then I have to swipe in order to "unlock the Kindle." Which I hate.

I will add, after a little bit of use, that the magnets on this case are pretty good. They hold in place when I fold the cover back. But that's not enough to make up for the rest of it.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:44 AM   #109
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
The origami case says it does have the sleep wake function. Another option for you is a cheap third party thin shell case, further back in this thread is the ACCase for 7.99 plus shipping, that does have the sleep wake function and cut outs for all port including (based on the pictures) the on off button on the back.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 09:42 AM   #110
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Wallflower, I have special offers on mine at the moment, so I have to swipe the screen, but without special offers you shouldn't have to.
I wondered if maybe that was the case. Is there anyone out there who got one without special offers who could confirm? Because if it is, I'll just pay the extra to take them away. The power button is a bit of a nuisance after getting used to the auto sleep feature, but I can get used to it. The swiping is another matter.
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #111
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
Quote:
It wakes up by pressing the button, but then I have to swipe in order to "unlock the Kindle." Which I hate.
Thanks! Sorry!
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #112
geekaren
geek
geekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one handgeekaren can read with one hand

Device: Oasis (1&2), Voyage, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
I wondered if maybe that was the case. Is there anyone out there who got one without special offers who could confirm? Because if it is, I'll just pay the extra to take them away. The power button is a bit of a nuisance after getting used to the auto sleep feature, but I can get used to it. The swiping is another matter.
If it works like a Paperwhite without special offers, using a case without sleep/wake magnets would require pressing the power button if device goes to sleep. However, as wallflower 75 mentioned, no need to swipe after that; pressing the power button would put you right back into the book you were reading.
geekaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #113
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
The Voyage fits very snuggly into the neoprene sleeve that came with my old Sony 300.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #114
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
I hate covers :-) .... I think that sleeves preserve the slim design of the device. Yes, more exposed, but what's the point of getting a slim and light device and make it bulky with a cover? Same goes for my iPad Air, I use the Apple slim cover only.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:44 PM   #115
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I hate covers :-) .... I think that sleeves preserve the slim design of the device. Yes, more exposed, but what's the point of getting a slim and light device and make it bulky with a cover? Same goes for my iPad Air, I use the Apple slim cover only.
I concur. The only device I have at present that has a cover, and it's a silicone back because I drop EVERYTHING, is my Note 3. I am not, not going to risk that. I love my phone!

The Voyage is pretty slick, despite having a marginally grippy back. I need the back to be more like the PW1, so even though I don't want one, I may have to use a silicone back (hope they make one) for use at home, and when out and about. Hope not, but I'll need to do some testing first.

Can anyone tell me whether or not "gelaskins" or their counterparts offer a grippy solution? Thanks.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #116
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
Has anyone else with the origami cover noticed that the magnets in it are so strong that you can stick it, face down with the Voyage inside, to the side of a refrigerator and it will stay there? I already mentioned this in another thread, but I figured I would slap it up here as well since this thread focuses on cases. Not really practical, but thought it was a fun fact.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:07 PM   #117
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
Has anyone else with the origami cover noticed that the magnets in it are so strong that you can stick it, face down with the Voyage inside, to the side of a refrigerator and it will stay there? I already mentioned this in another thread, but I figured I would slap it up here as well since this thread focuses on cases. Not really practical, but thought it was a fun fact.
That's where I'll keep my V from now on if I get the Origami!
Old 10-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #118
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
Very handy for working in the kitchen
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #119
wallflower75
Groupie

Geekaren was right--turning off the special offers eliminated the need to swipe the Kindle to unlock it. So now I'm fine with the case I bought. The auto sleep feature was nice, but I did without it before and I'll get used to not having it again.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #120
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Very handy for working in the kitchen
You're right! I don't need my tablet full of recipes and a stand. All I need is an Origami.