Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #106
cottonball
cottonball began at the beginning.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's no the fault of lit2lrf/html2lrf. It's the fault of a really poor LIT file. It uses as the indent. It does not use a style for the indent. Plus there is no ToC. Best off to use the DOC with Book Designer.
Thanks for the tip! While I've had a Sony Reader for some time now, this is my first venture into ebook conversion. Your help is most appreciated (as is the contributions of all in this forum). And while in the end I used BD, kudos to kovidgoyal for libprs500 - which I'm sure will come in handy too.
cottonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 01:23 AM   #107
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Since missing paragrpah indents are a common problem with lit files there will be a workaround in the next version of lit2lrf.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2007, 09:41 AM   #108
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Since missing paragrpah indents are a common problem with lit files there will be a workaround in the next version of lit2lrf.
But I don't see any way around the missing ToC and the use of apostrophes as quotes instead of quotes as quotes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:25 PM   #109
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If the lit file has an opf with a spine element, the TOC will be generated by the --use-spine option (once I implement it). As for apostrophes, is that really such a big deal?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:22 PM   #110
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Actually I tried converting that lit file and the indents are fine. See attached LRF.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Autumn.lrf (331.7 KB, 301 views)
Advert
Old 10-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #111
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have 0.4.8. I'm trying again. maybe it didn't work with 0.4.7?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:42 PM   #112
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

What options did you use? For me it did not work as seen here by the attachment.

All I did was "lit2lrf Autumn.lit"
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Autumn.lrf (301.3 KB, 292 views)
Old 10-11-2007, 02:05 PM   #113
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Strange I didn't use any options either. Maybe it's a windows specific thing. Or maybe there's some change since 0.4.8 that fixed it. I'll try it in windows and see.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:08 PM   #114
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Strange I didn't use any options either. Maybe it's a windows specific thing. Or maybe there's some change since 0.4.8 that fixed it. I'll try it in windows and see.
I'd be interested how you managed it when we could not.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:23 PM   #115
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It worked for me in windows as well. Can you check it after I release 0.4.9 and let me know. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:32 PM   #116
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It worked for me in windows as well. Can you check it after I release 0.4.9 and let me know. Thanks.
Sure can. Thanks! I hope it works here.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #117
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

version 0.4.9 is on its way to the servers. It should automatically use the spine data from lit files.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:15 PM   #118
cottonball
cottonball began at the beginning.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sure can. Thanks! I hope it works here.
I'll try as well...
cottonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #119
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

0.4.9 didn't work BIG TIME!

[e:\e-books\working]lit2lrf Autumn.lit
+---[ ConvertLIT (Version 1.8) ]---------------[ Copyright (c) 2002,2003 ---
ConvertLIT comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details see the COPYING file or visit "http://www.gnu.org/license/gpl.html". This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions. See the GPL license for details.
LIT INFORMATION.........
DRM = 1
Timestamp = 77c448d0
Creator = 00140000
Language = 00000809
Writing out "Autumn" as "Autumn.htm" ... Successfully written to "c:\docume~1\jon\locals~1\temp\libprs500_gvcba8\Au tumn.htm".

Writing out "RW_~Cover01" as "~Cover01.jpg" ... Successfully written to "c:\docume~1\jon\locals~1\temp\libprs500_gvcba8\~C over01.jpg".

Writing out "RW_~Cover02" as "~Cover02.jpg" ... Successfully written to "c:\docume~1\jon\locals~1\temp\libprs500_gvcba8\~C over02.jpg".

Writing out "RW_~Cover03" as "~Cover03.jpg" ... Successfully written to "c:\docume~1\jon\locals~1\temp\libprs500_gvcba8\~C over03.jpg".

Writing out "RW_~Cover04" as "~Cover04.jpg" ... Successfully written to c:\docume~1\jon\locals~1\temp\libprs500_gvcba8\~Co ver04.jpg".

Writing out "RW_~Cover05" as "~Cover05.jpg" ... Successfully written to "c:\docume~1\jon\locals~1\temp\libprs500_gvcba8\~C over05.jpg".

Exploded "E:\E-Books\Working\Autumn.lit" into "c:\docume~1\jon\locals~1\temp\libprs500_gvcba 8\".

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "convert_from.py", line 101, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 96, in main
File "convert_from.py", line 85, in process_file
File "shutil.pyo", line 174, in rmtree
File "shutil.pyo", line 172, in rmtree
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: c:\\docume~1\\jon\\locals~1\\temp\\libprs500_gvcba 8\\Autumn.opf'
Old 10-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #120
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

oops i forgot about lit files that dont have a TOC. Will be fixed by the end of the day.

Tags
libprs500