Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 05:20 AM   #106
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
Beach Boys 2008!
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:04 PM   #107
gczobel
Enthusiast
gczobel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, Kindle DXG
The DictioLaunchX – release 0.87 work on the PRS-500 model.
I used prs500.exe to copy the dictionary files to the internal memory.
The only problem is that the keyboard layout is good for the 505 only.
gczobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2008, 04:55 PM   #108
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gczobel View Post
The DictioLaunchX – release 0.87 work on the PRS-500 model.
I used prs500.exe to copy the dictionary files to the internal memory.
The only problem is that the keyboard layout is good for the 505 only.
It's great to hear that the new changes work with the PRS-500. Is there anybody who has a 500 willing to merge the changes to the latest baseline.

The changes would not be to difficult, just a matter of changing the XML file to point to the 500 skin and the keyboard array in the JS file. Also there has to be a load time check to see what device is running 500 vs 505. Then load the skin and arrays dynamically.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:28 AM   #109
gczobel
Enthusiast

I already made this...
I changed the original skinMain500.png to give more space for line texts.
And updated the xml and the code to reflect the key press.
But I don't known how to detect if the device is a 500 or 505... How I can check this on the .js file?
Old 07-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #110
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gczobel View Post
But I don't known how to detect if the device is a 500 or 505...
In the loadDict method in the autorun.js file add the following command.

Code:
	this.trace("Device INFO:[" + this.runCommandResult("uname -a")+ "]");
This will tell you the computer name, OS, kernel, processor, all in a single line. Then you can use JavaScript regular expression to find the actual text you are looking for. The output will be stored in the log files where the libfskLoad.so file exists.

After you find the string replace the code above with the following code.

Say your looking for 'PRS500' in the uname string (it's not there I've check uname on the PRS-505, but let's pretend it is)

Code:
var prsRegEx= /PRS500/gi;
var szUnameResults = this.runCommandResult("uname -a");
if (szUnameResults.match(prsRegEx)){
 //DO THE PRS 500 code here
} else{
 //DO THE PRS 505 CODE HERE
}
Again the only code that changes is what is string between 'PRS500' between the two backslashs "//" in the first line above. The text you replace it with should be within the string returned from running the uname command.

Last edited by =X=; 07-21-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Upated instructions
Advert
Old 07-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #111
gczobel
Enthusiast

Hi!
This is the result of the log:

Code:
Device INFO:[Linux (none) 2.4.17_n12 #1 2005ǯ 10·î 11Æü ²ÐÍËÆü 18:19:40 JST armv4l unknown]

What is the 505 string?
I need the two strings to search for something specific on each device...

Thanks!
Old 07-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #112
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You can check the contents of the file /opt1/info/model. On the 500 it contains PRS-500/U, on 505 - PRS-505/UC.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:54 AM   #113
gczobel
Enthusiast

Thanks for the advice Igorsk!
I updated the code and now the keyboard and the cursor work in a different way for each model.

But I have another problem... because the differences on the skinMain png, the lines with the word definition are different... the lines are defined in this way on the xml for the 505 model:
Code:
<kbookLabel id="line1" skin="textkl" left="30" right="150" top="215" height="60" align="left" text=""/>
and for the 500:
Code:
<kbookLabel id="line1" skin="textkl" left="30" right="30" top="130" height="60" align="left" text=""/>
We have 2 options here...
1) a different xml file for each model
2) a way to change the size and position of the "line(n)" on the js code.

I think that the 2nd option is the best... but I don't known if this is possible to do (and how).

Regards
Old 07-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #114
=X=
Wizard

@igorsk Thank you that is much easier to identify the device

@gczobel The Sony Reader Seems to support DHTML so you should be able to change the dimensions via javascript.

So in the section where I have //DO THE PRS 500 code here in an earlier post the following syntax should work

Code:
var prsRegEx= /PRS-500/gi;
var szUnameResults = this.runCommandResult("cat  /opt1/info/model");
if (szUnameResults.match(prsRegEx)){
  //DO THE PRS 500 code here
   this.line1.style.right= "30";
   this.line1.style.top = "130";
   ... (add the rest of the elments and properties below)
   this.line2.style.right= "30";
   this.line2.style.top = "130";
   ... (add the rest of the elements and properties below)
} else{
 //DO THE PRS-505 CODE HERE
   this.line1.style.right = "150";
   this.line1.style.top = "215";
   ... (add the rest of the elements and properties below)
   this.line2.style.right="150";
   this.line2.style.top="215";
   ... (add the rest of the elments and properties below)
 // ADD the rest of the style attributes below
}
///// NOTE: (if you are familiar with this I apologize for the redundant info)
Notice that the 'line1' above is also the same as the ID="line1". So in JavaScript (DHTML/DOM really) the convention is 'this."ID".styles.[properties]' to change the properties of an element. The properties are values such as top, width, left, right .etc. Here is a good reference

NOTE2: The syntax above assumes SONY supports the latest DHTML/DOM standard.

=X=
Old 07-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #115
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, Sony's object model is not the DHTML DOM one.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #116
=X=
Wizard

Is there a way to change the properties of an element? I see there is a changeLayout method is this the only way then to dynamically change the size and position of an element?
Old 07-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #117
gczobel
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Is there a way to change the properties of an element? I see there is a changeLayout method is this the only way then to dynamically change the size and position of an element?
I hope that! The changeLayout has 6 parameters... I tried with google but I didn't found anything...
The parameter 1 and 4 are X and Y respectively... and the other 4?
Maybe width, height, align, text ???
Like the xml ?
Code:
<kbookLabel id="line1" skin="textkl" left="30" right="150" top="215" height="60" align="left" text=""/>
Old 07-24-2008, 04:57 PM   #118
igorsk
Wizard

Code:
changeLayout (left, width, right, top, height, bottom);
Old 07-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #119
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
QUESTION:

Is there a way now to add the dictionary as a built in hack, instead of as SD Autorun?
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #120
=X=
Wizard

There is much interest, but no solution to date. The main reason people have not worked on such a feature was for fear of bricking their device. Now that sony has resealed a fW update there is now a way to recover. I suspect sombody will come up with a solution soon.

=X=