Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #106
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Thanks for the welcome.
I have the free 5 GB and the trial cloud premium right now.
The trial expires on September 2nd, and the 5GB storage doesn't have a expiration.
I took a screenshot, let me see if I can figure out how to add it.

Sorry, I can't figure out how to get the flickr photo to show up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54107642@N07/7706724052/

Last edited by Atunah; 08-03-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #107
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here's what my page looks like...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	90154  
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #108
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

This isn't good . Why don't I get that option. I would do it for 24.99/$25, but not for $50.

I don't understand why some of us are treated differently here.

Last edited by Atunah; 08-03-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #109
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
The trial expires on September 2nd, and the 5GB storage doesn't have a expiration.
Wow, that's definitely different from mine!

I'm wondering if Amazon is offering the bundled plans only to people who had the promotional 20GB w/ unlimited song plan?

It's suddenly not a good deal if you don't get the data plan bundled in.

Google has a free plan that gives you 5GB of data and 20,000 songs. You might consider that.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #110
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Here's what my page looks like...
That's what mine looks like.
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #111
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Thanks for the welcome.

Sorry, I can't figure out how to get the flickr photo to show up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54107642@N07/7706724052/
And that is what I see, too.

Guess it depends on what your 'previously free' plan was?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #112
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I modified the OP with the following:

Quote:
Thanks to information I learned from Atunah, it's come to my attention that Amazon has different pricing plans for different people. Why, I have no idea. Anyway, the subscription options for Atunah show plans where music is a separate plan priced at $25 per year on top of the data plan prices (see below). For further details, see the thread starting with post 106.

Clearly, this is a significant increase in cost for those who are not offered the bundled plans. They may wish to consider Google's free 20,000 song plan.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 08-03-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #113
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post

Evidently. Not such a great deal if the data isn't bundled in.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #114
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I modified the OP with the following:
So they are only offering a combo plan to current premium members. Those who use the free service have to pay for both. So if you let your promo expire then you wont get the combo but have to purchase each separate. Now that email I posted makes sense!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #115
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
So they are only offering a combo plan to current premium members. Those who use the free service have to pay for both. So if you let your promo expire then you wont get the combo but have to purchase each separate. Now that email I posted makes sense!
Sucks, doesn't it?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #116
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Sucks, doesn't it?
Yes I think it's a bit steep. I'm only interested in the music part so whether I get both services isn't important. I have plenty of cloud space with Dropbox 19GB and Box.net 50GB so I really don't need anymore.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #117
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post

Mine also looks like Atunah's, two separate charges for upgrading from the free options.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #118
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I only just got my email yesterday, and it doesn't say anything about "unlimited Amazon music". It just says 250 songs free. I'm going to have to go deeper into my account settings when I get home.

I fully expected the "free 20gb" to go away. I didn't expect the "free Amazon music" to go too!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #119
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I only just got my email yesterday, and it doesn't say anything about "unlimited Amazon music". It just says 250 songs free. I'm going to have to go deeper into my account settings when I get home.

I fully expected the "free 20gb" to go away. I didn't expect the "free Amazon music" to go too!
You still get free unlimited storage of all songs purchased from Amazon. That doesn't change.

The 250 song limit refers to songs not purchased from Amazon.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #120
Atunah
Wizard

I could use the storage, I only have a 2GB free dropbox and I need a little more space. I'd like to keep all my stuff together on amazon, songs and stuff. I don't use any google products really, so I have no clue how their stuff works.

This means that I have to delete some of my music now as I am going over the 250 limit. I am not paying $50 for something that others get for $25.

I guess I'll have to live with the 250 song limit until I figure something out.