Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 PM   #106
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Oh no! I have a sockpuppet! Don't ban me! LOL
No worries, bookratt. That sock has an irresistible fuchsia smile.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #107
ccphilly1984
ccphilly1984 began at the beginning.

Device: what's a book?
putting a plastic bag over one's head reduces their carbon footprint... then they won't be exhaling all that carbon dioxide... do you know that carbon is an element? we will never reduce the carbon on earth because it is a building block of matter...

anyways, that does sound like a shill... with all these people complaining, i dont think i will buy a cherrypal

well, maybe if i pay cod...
ccphilly1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 09:21 AM   #108
BillSmithBooks
Padawan Learner
BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: www.OutlawGalaxy.com, Foothills of NY's Adirondack mountains
Device: My PC...using Puppy Linux (FBReader, Calibre, Kindle Cloud Reader,
Wow, an awful lot of venom bouncing around in here.

Much as I hope CherryPal's products eventually turn out to be the real deal, I will wait on a purchase until there is enough favorable press to indicate that they are following through on their PR.

I think there are an awful lot of people with $99 burning in their pockets once CherryPal demonstrates its ability to follow through on its promises.

I wish them the best of luck despite the fact that they have so far let down the people who would be most likely to support them and spread good will.
BillSmithBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #109
Velcro_SP
Banned
Velcro_SP began at the beginning.

Device: Limebook Z-7

Last edited by Velcro_SP; 10-27-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Velcro_SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #110
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: MeeBook, Kobo Libra Colour
And yet *another* person who joined the forum for the sole purpose of defending Cherrypal.

And making vague legal threats, too.

I'm just saying.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #111
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velcro_SP View Post
The Mobileread site ownership should have some controls on the accusations and understand there is potential liability for libel if its admins get in on the act, or if Mobileread fails to pull-down unsubstantiated accusations on demand.
"a phenomenon that I consider a sine qua non of a crank or a quack, namely an intolerance of criticism. Seemingly, whenever a quack or a crank encounters serious criticism, the first reaction is almost never to try to argue based on facts, reason, and science, but rather to try to silence the person doing the criticizing. The tactics are many and varied, but the end goal is always the same: Suppress the criticism by any means necessary."

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/20...ion_in_the.php

(And I'd like to add a line of my own-- they aren't nearly as clever as they think they are.)

Taken from an unrelated topic, but still applies very well. Yours was the shillist of the shill sounding posts.

Last edited by ardeegee; 02-21-2010 at 12:00 PM.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #112
Velcro_SP
Banned

Last edited by Velcro_SP; 10-27-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #113
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velcro_SP View Post
So I say stop the venom and accusations, and the response is basically "well, you must be a shill too."
No, you say "stop the venom and accusations and start censoring people's posts or you might get sued."

That's the statement of a shill. And your interpretation of law is a joke.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:49 PM   #114
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
And yet *another* person who joined the forum for the sole purpose of defending Cherrypal.

And making vague legal threats, too.

I'm just saying.
Since that was Velcro's first post it's obvious he Googled Cherrypal looking for complaints concerning the company. It reminds me of Sleepy's, a mattress company that was ripping a lot of people off including me. Sleepy's had workers searching the review forums looking for comments exposing them for their dirty dealings. They either threatened the burnt customers with slander or posted bogus reviews in favor of the company. A few ex-employees even came out and detailed how Sleepy's were ripping people off. Eventually the government fined them big time and forced them to change the way they were doing business.

Even if the original poster eventually received a refund from Cherrypal, several months is plain unacceptable. I hope someone contacted the authorities by now.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:36 PM   #115
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker View Post
It reminds me of Sleepy's, a mattress company that was ripping a lot of people off including me. Sleepy's had workers searching the review forums looking for comments exposing them for their dirty dealings.
Take a look at this classic thread from another forum-- the clumsy shills keep occasionally bumping the thread, and are shot like fish in a barrel.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/...nitronics.html
Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #116
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I just noticed this thread has over 11,000 views. That's quite a bit.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #117
Velcro_SP
Banned

Last edited by Velcro_SP; 10-27-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:00 PM   #118
JerseyBiker
Addict
JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JerseyBiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Nook Glowlight, Galaxy Tab S9, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Take a look at this classic thread from another forum-- the clumsy shills keep occasionally bumping the thread, and are shot like fish in a barrel.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/...nitronics.html
Theres probably a lot of that going on from businesses that get a lot of complaints. One of the benefits of the Internet is that in minutes the whole world can find out if your company s*cks.

~eddie
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #119
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
For libel to be proved it must be shown that the defamation was false. Since Nate tells us if things change, whether he gets a refund or new information comes to light about a product, I trust that he has yet to get his refund. So, where is the falsehood in HIS statement? So far he has told us facts, it isn't his fault that CherryPal hasn't fulfilled its obligations.

I do not know if the few who have only posted to this thread are shills, but the fact that they have such low post counts (single digits) and ONLY post here leads me to not believe them.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:13 PM   #120
Velcro_SP
Banned

Last edited by Velcro_SP; 10-27-2010 at 06:16 PM.