Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-18-2022, 01:51 PM   #1036
try_it20
try_it20 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I have only one library (virtual) stored on a NAS containing 36723 books. The Library is not set to index to search within the contents of the books.

try_it20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 02:07 PM   #1037
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by try_it20 View Post
Hi, here's what I have set on the find duplicate plugin. Nothing else.
Thanks for that - so does your identifiers dropdown have any values in it? or does clicking on it do nothing? If it has no entries in it I can see that will trigger the issue.

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw your follow up screenshot and that clearly shows you have no identifiers. In which case the fix I have in mind will solve your problem. WIll release it shortly...

Last edited by kiwidude; 10-18-2022 at 02:24 PM.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2022, 02:27 PM   #1038
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Find Duplicates v1.10.5 Released

Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...icates-v1.10.5

Thanks to @try_it20 for reporting this.
Old 10-18-2022, 04:58 PM   #1039
try_it20

Find Duplicates

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
EDIT: Ok, I found one way to replicate it - by having no identifier types. Is this on a new library or something by chance, where you haven't as yet assigned any isbn or other identifiers for your books?
@kiwidude If you mean with identifier type an ISBN number or Google ID or something. Than the answer is plain and simple. No my library has no identifier type attached to any of the books in the library.
See: https://ibb.co/Rhs4xh9 Left menu shows "Identifiers: 0"

If that's not what you mean, please elaborate. More than happy to assist in helping to find out what causes this, but I am not much help in case of coding.
Old 10-18-2022, 05:01 PM   #1040
try_it20

DUplicate finder Fixed

Quote:
Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...icates-v1.10.5

Thanks to @try_it20 for reporting this.
You're welcome. I use the plugin all the time. So was certainly afraid of not being to use it anymore. Glad I could help.
I also can confirm, I installed the new version, that it's now fixed again.

Thank you
Advert
Old 10-19-2022, 01:49 PM   #1041
alumoi
Enthusiast
alumoi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Ahem, me again.
While searching for metadata variations using series I encountered the following error: TypeError: NoneType object is not iterable.

calibre 6.5 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19044-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19044')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19044', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 4, 0) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 6, 0) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 3, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 5) && Goodreads (1, 7, 1) && ISFDB (3, 0, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 49, 0) && KFX Input (1, 49, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 29) && Obok DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Quality Check (1, 13, 0) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.dialogs", line 780, in _refresh_results
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.variation_algorit hms", line 29, in run_variation_check
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.variation_algorit hms", line 58, in _get_items_to_consider
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.matching", line 41, in get_field_pairs
File "calibre_plugins.find_duplicates.matching", line 26, in ids_for_field
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

NOTE: author variations works great
alumoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 03:07 PM   #1042
kiwidude

@Alumoi - thanks for that - yeah I put all the focus on testing Author variations - and clearly didn't try the others enough. New version shortly...
Old 10-19-2022, 03:49 PM   #1043
kiwidude

Find Duplicates v1.10.6 Released

Release Notes:
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...icates-v1.10.6

Thanks to @alumoi for reporting this. That will teach me for trusting some dodgy code off the internet without testing it
Old 10-19-2022, 03:52 PM   #1044
alumoi
Enthusiast
alumoi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
It works, thank you.
alumoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 12:12 PM   #1045
Eddie87
Eddie87 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation not marked:library_duplicate not working with the latest versions

This week I updated the plug in. I use it to binary compare 2 libraries and then see what books from the 2nd library differ with the current one.
So I do the search and when the compare finishes, on the calibre search bar I type "not " before the rest of what the bar says so the search bar says: "not marked:library_duplicate" this was working fine for years up to this week.

I updated 3 times this week, the 1st notified by calibre. Thats when I noticed the search bar was empty when the search completed (not showing "marked:library_duplicate") as usual.
The next day I was notified to a new version, and I updated the plug in again.
Finally I came to this page and downloaded the fix version above (v1.10.6).

The problem is still happening. Can you take a look?

Thanks so much for the plugin.
Eddie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 12:28 PM   #1046
Eddie87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie87 View Post
This week I updated the plug in. I use it to binary compare 2 libraries and then see what books from the 2nd library differ with the current one.
So I do the search and when the compare finishes, on the calibre search bar I type "not " before the rest of what the bar says so the search bar says: "not marked:library_duplicate" this was working fine for years up to this week.

I updated 3 times this week, the 1st notified by calibre. Thats when I noticed the search bar was empty when the search completed (not showing "marked:library_duplicate") as usual.
The next day I was notified to a new version, and I updated the plug in again.
Finally I came to this page and downloaded the fix version above (v1.10.6).

The problem is still happening. Can you take a look?

Thanks so much for the plugin.
I went thought the new documentation found on https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...ind-Duplicates and could not find have to do what I intent using the virtual library feature.

Thanks again.
Old 10-22-2022, 03:38 PM   #1047
kiwidude

The library duplicates feature is behaving as expected as per the change notes. It now applies a virtual library restriction to the marked rows, just like a duplicates search within a single library does.

So the search results are automatically limited by the virtual library indicator to a search of the books marked as duplicates. That means there is no need for a search query to be displayed, hence why it no longer shows marked:library_duplicate because that is exactly what the virtual library restriction is doing for you.

Switching virtual libraries will clear the marked books. So if you want to find all books not in that virtual library, you could apply your own temp marker to those books with a different name, clear the virtual library restriction, then do a "not marked:your_marker" search.
Old 10-22-2022, 05:41 PM   #1048
Eddie87

Smile thnx

Quote:
The library duplicates feature is behaving as expected as per the change notes. It now applies a virtual library restriction to the marked rows, just like a duplicates search within a single library does.

So the search results are automatically limited by the virtual library indicator to a search of the books marked as duplicates. That means there is no need for a search query to be displayed, hence why it no longer shows marked:library_duplicate because that is exactly what the virtual library restriction is doing for you.

Switching virtual libraries will clear the marked books. So if you want to find all books not in that virtual library, you could apply your own temp marker to those books with a different name, clear the virtual library restriction, then do a "not marked:your_marker" search.
Thanks, I tested it and it works fine, I select the 51653 books found, mark them with a text label and search for "not marked:mytextmarker"
Old 10-29-2022, 05:41 PM   #1049
Eddie87

Quote:
Thanks, I tested it and it works fine, I select the 51653 books found, mark them with a text label and search for "not marked:mytextmarker"
But only until I remove the virtual library, so I cannot see the not duplicated. Looks like the text marker goes away when you remove the virtual library.
I went back to v1.10.1

Last edited by Eddie87; 10-29-2022 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:00 AM   #1050
kiwidude

Quote:
But only until I remove the virtual library, so I cannot see the not duplicated. Looks like the text marker goes away when you remove the virtual library.
I went back to v1.10.1
Hi Eddie, yes I realised afterwards that my suggestion would not work because clearing duplicates mode moves all markers, not just the markers for library duplicates.

Your case is an edge case I am not going to build special behavior into the plugin for - the majority of users run this plugin to find which books are duplicates, not which books are not! There are other workarounds like you could create a custom column and use that to track which are your duplicates (and hence which are not by flipping the query).

I don't think there is a way in the current API of removing just one specific named marker once you have applied it - I am sure chaley can correct me on that if I am wrong. That would have been the quick change to the plugin I might have been willing to make.

Tags
cross library duplicates, in library duplicates