Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-11-2006, 06:30 AM   #91
High 5
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
High 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enoughHigh 5 will become famous soon enough

Device: Rocket ebook,Cybook, Hiebook, Iliad
# 518, order co(m)firmed, processing...
High 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:38 AM   #92
jęd
Evangelist
jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jęd has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHer
Weird, i'm #590 (give or take 1) and still processing? I ordered on the 5th of July.

Did you send them a mail or something like this?
No... But I will now to see if they've actually shipped it or its just a buggy web shop...
jęd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2006, 06:54 AM   #93
ThinkNeXT
Enthusiast
ThinkNeXT began at the beginning.

Device: Loox600/S55/Ogo CT 17
just got this update:

We would like to inform you that your order (# 399) has been shipped and should arrive within 3 working days.
The UPS tracking number will be forwarded to you later today or tomorrow morning in order to allow you to track your package.

Herewith we would also like to send you a Quick Reference Guide which will introduce the basic functionalities of your iLiad
and will help you get started right away.
ThinkNeXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:55 AM   #94
LittleTalker
Connoisseur
LittleTalker began at the beginning.

The wheel is rolling again! (or thinkNext got a manual sending...)
LittleTalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #95
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Great news ThinkNext!

All you first receivers of the iLiad please let me know how well it is packed up for shipping and the condition of the packaging upon arrival.

I have been getting a number of shipments from UPS recently and they have been pretty bashed up, to the point of having to return the damaged goods to the shipper.

I am hoping that this will not be a problem with the iLiad, but I am very concerned!
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2006, 07:00 AM   #96
antonio_uk
antonio_uk began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jęd
Weird... I'm now getting a "Shipped to" detail... What does https://www.irexshop.com/account_history.php give for you...? I'm #601, so I'd expect yours to have shipped before mine...
Nope...I'm #508 and this is what I see:

Order Number: 508 Order Status: Order comfirmed, processing
antonio_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:09 AM   #97
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkNeXT
We would like to inform you that your order (# 399) has been shipped and should arrive within 3 working days.
The UPS tracking number will be forwarded to you later today or tomorrow morning in order to allow you to track your package.
Hm, I'm #383 and didn't get anything so far -- looks like manual treatment to me. What did you do to get that?
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:11 AM   #98
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
i am 349. Didnt get anything so far. I sent them a pushy Email just before i read this on the forum. Lets wait and see.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:17 AM   #99
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
Hm, I'm #383 and didn't get anything so far -- looks like manual treatment to me. What did you do to get that?
They will do a mix of manual+automatic tries during the week, I guess. In fact the funtionality to file manual shippings should be included in a, er, well designed shop.

As for me, poor #582, I hope to see it sometime next week, even if it is already charged in the visa since 6th July. Status as of today, " (Order comfirmed, processing)". I already gave a shipping adress for the house I will be next week

Still the numbers are not very indicative if they are only about 20 request from mobileread. Probably most of them are test from the people debugging the software.

Last edited by arivero; 07-11-2006 at 07:19 AM.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:22 AM   #100
vvoi666
Zealot
vvoi666 began at the beginning.

Quote:
just got this update:

Herewith we would also like to send you a Quick Reference Guide which will introduce the basic functionalities of your iLiad
and will help you get started right away.
where do you live, thinknext?

mine is #511 Order comfirmed, processing.
vvoi666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:26 AM   #101
ThinkNeXT
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvoi666
where do you live, thinknext?
germany, maybe they are processing the orders by region?
Old 07-11-2006, 07:28 AM   #102
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
or in order of people, who are bugging them most
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:28 AM   #103
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
germany, maybe they are processing the orders by region?
Could be. Or by alphabetical order. For the manual list they surely have just printed the listing of pending orders.

ThinkNeXT, can I infer you have received some kind of attached pdf with the "funtionalities" of the machine?
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:41 AM   #104
ThinkNeXT
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero
ThinkNeXT, can I infer you have received some kind of attached pdf with the "funtionalities" of the machine?
Yes, I would have posted it but it states very big on the front page:

Printing this document via travel hub, USB –cable and your computer is
allowed for personal use only. See ‘Documents’ for source file.

So I didn't dare to post it. It has got 17 pages with the following contents:
HOW DO I REGISTER MY ILIAD ?................................................. .....3
HOW DO I TURN THE ILIAD ON?............................................... ........4
HOW DO I READ A BOOK?............................................. ..................5
HOW DO I READ A NEWSPAPER?........................................ ............6
HOW DO I READ MY DOCUMENTS?........................................ ..........7
HOW DO I MAKE NOTES?............................................ .....................8
HOW DO I CHARGE THE BATTERY OF THE ILIAD?...........................9
HOW DO I CONNECT THE ILIAD TO MY COMPUTER........................10
HOW DO I CONNECT TO THE IREX DELIVERY SERVICE (IDS)?....11
HOW DO I CHANGE MY PASSWORD?......................................... ....14
HOW DO I CONSULT THE USER MANUAL ?...................................15
HOW DO I SWITCH THE ILIAD OFF?.............................................. .16
Old 07-11-2006, 07:45 AM   #105
Pitchfork
Connoisseur
Pitchfork began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad/Ipaq 6340
Just got this from Irex. Is this just a new excuse??

Dear Sir, Madam,

Herewith we would like to inform you that unfortunately your goods are being held in customs and UPS was not able to pick them up.
We solved the issue today and the individual shipments will start on Wednesday and you can expect your order on Friday or Monday at the latest.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience and we are doing everything possible and hope that your order will arrive as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

the iRex Team
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote