Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #91
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Tagline -
Mobileread: Books unbound.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:11 PM   #92
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The submission listing I promised for today will be delayed for tomorrow. Sorry about that - there was some unexpected work in the way...
Advert
Old 12-13-2007, 11:41 PM   #93
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

MobileRead: Don't judge a book by it's cover
Old 12-13-2007, 11:46 PM   #94
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

MobleRead: Zeros & ones become words
Old 12-13-2007, 11:48 PM   #95
realityloop
Enthusiast

MobileRead: 0's & 1's into words
Advert
Old 12-14-2007, 08:36 AM   #96
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
MobileRead: a bit more than books
Old 12-14-2007, 11:59 AM   #97
fdp
fdp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Submission for logo

I'm still working on it, but here is my concept for a logo. I tried to keep it minimal for easy printing.
-Joel
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #98
mrkai
Bit Wrangler
mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mrkai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Alright...series/concept 1...

After much tweaking, here's my hat toss.

The idea here was to have something simple, yet distinct and *brand-able*...easy to adopt to several types of media (print, digital) as well as schwag like t-shirts, mugs etc.

the "em-dot" I thought would make a nifty favicon as well.

Have a look:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mr.png
Views:	763
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	7869  
Old 12-15-2007, 09:14 AM   #99
aapezzuto
Zealot
aapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enoughaapezzuto will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
MobileRead: a bit more than books
Thats the first one that I have seen, Including the ones I posted, that I have like enough to get behind... its so witty!

Attachment 7782

I keep coming back to this logo done by Tom Mays, Its really striking, I really want to see a version of it modified to look good at something like 48x48 b&w... As cool as it looks, im not sure it scales as well as I would find ideal for a logo... however I am hoping that seeing it at a smaller size will prove me wrong.

Last edited by aapezzuto; 12-15-2007 at 09:27 AM. Reason: incompleate idea
Old 12-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #100
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
There has been many good suggestions so far, but a lot of them could be tag lines for an actual eBook reader. What we need is a tag line that says what this site is all about. Therefore I humbly submit:

MobileRead: A global community-Dedicated to the eBook Revolution!

or

MobileRead: A global community-Promoting the eBook Revolution!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #101
amaysingstories
amaysingstories is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Attempts at smaller sizes

Here are some first tries at smaller size grayscales. As it is a 3D model of a book I can rotate all around it, change the angle of the pages to one another, etc. If you have ideas about better viewing angles or aspects, please feel free to share.

V/R,
Tom Mays

PS: I'm still tweaking and I'm not totally satisfied yet.

PPS: Changes made. Please see later posts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MobileRead Logo c.JPG
Views:	754
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	7876  
Attached Images

Last edited by amaysingstories; 12-18-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #102
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
One new one and three repeats from the original thread.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mobileread2.png
Views:	733
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	7891   Click image for larger version

Name:	mobileread_book.png
Views:	738
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	7892   Click image for larger version

Name:	mobileread_circuit.png
Views:	726
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	7893   Click image for larger version

Name:	mobileread_ic_spine.png
Views:	770
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	7894  
Old 12-16-2007, 01:11 PM   #103
amaysingstories
amaysingstories is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Vectorized versions

OK. I used Inkscape to vectorize my original submission and then reconverted to bitmaps at smaller sizes, and that seemed to work better than what I had been doing. Much clearer at 48 by 48.

V/R,
Tom Mays

PS: Changes made. Please see later posts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MobileRead a1.jpg
Views:	731
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	7917  

Last edited by amaysingstories; 12-18-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #104
renderstudio
renderstudio began at the beginning.

Device: nokia 770, Electrovaya Scribbler
Long time listener, first time caller.

I think this is a terrific contest. I did this logo on my large ereader device, the electrovaya scribbler.

I like the original icon for the site, I just think it needs a little tweaking. Something that in one look explains what this site is about.

I will submit more ideas later.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mobile-logo-nieves.jpg
Views:	763
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	7923  
Old 12-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #105
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I like the book with a screen and buttons, renderstudio.
Closed Thread