Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 09:56 AM   #91
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
... and conversion is impractical.

But, if I may ask: You obviously are computer savvy and very outspoken on open source software and freedom of information. You've created the finest tools for converting stuff to mobipocket that I know of. Given that background, why do you read your books as PDF?
I do not read the books as PDF. I just tested the claimed functionality. Previously I used the Cybook for pdf bus time tables and for that zooming would have been useful but my N810 is much better for reading timetables.

And I thought about testing it for two columns standard academic papers. It would be nice if they could be read conveniently without conversions.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #92
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I do not read the books as PDF. I just tested the claimed functionality. Previously I used the Cybook for pdf bus time tables and for that zooming would have been useful but my N810 is much better for reading timetables.
Ah, I misunderstood, then. That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
And I thought about testing it for two columns standard academic papers. It would be nice if they could be read conveniently without conversions.
Well, they do. I just tested on a paper written for A4 paper using the REVTeX4-package. Portrait mode, 80% zoom does the trick. After reading the left column, scroll up twice and right twice and continue.

By the way, my Cybook just seemed to hit an infinite loop after I took out the SD card to put the file on. Booted up fine though after a reset.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #93
ILikeEBooks
ILikeEBooks began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
796 FMT

Hi,

you can find the 796 FMT version under

http://bookeen.free.fr/bin/CybookGen...nelb796fmt.zip

have fun
ILikeEBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #94
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

So there is one. That's good to know.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:41 AM   #95
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
Just one question, ¿Can you update straight from 681 to 738??

anahid
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 03:43 AM   #96
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
Sorry, I meant 796 (I think)
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:56 AM   #97
Manichean
Wizard

That shouldn't be a problem, as far as I know.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #98
GreyCat
Enthusiast
GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 & Opus, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
Probably a stupid question, but what does the 796fmt do?
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 AM   #99
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The same as the standard reflasher, except that rather than simply updating your existing firmware and leaving the internal disk partition untouched, it totally replaces the existing firmware, wipes the internal memory completely, and sets everything up again from scratch. It's the thing to use if you've corrupted the internal disk in some way.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #100
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCat View Post
Probably a stupid question, but what does the 796fmt do?
Instead of just updating the current software and leaving the rest of the internal flash as is, it does a full reinstall, reformatting the internal flash in the process.

Mostly useful if and when your internal flash is hosed and and a file system check (chkdsk, fsck and such) will not fix it.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:28 AM   #101
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
A big improvement in the menu control was not big enough for them to list it - it is now possible to "select already selected points in the menu" - you can now for ex. select the current font / fontsize to return without a change instead of having to press one of the sidebuttons
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:41 AM   #102
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
A big improvement in the menu control was not big enough for them to list it - it is now possible to "select already selected points in the menu" - you can now for ex. select the current font / fontsize to return without a change instead of having to press one of the sidebuttons
Thanks - I hadn't noticed that one .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #103
GreyCat
Enthusiast
GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 & Opus, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
Thanks, HarryT and mbovenka. I learn something new everyday
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #104
billyad2000
Enthusiast
billyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with others

Just a comment on this version of the firmware.

I think I may have found a possible bug, easily reproduceable, and probably easily fixable.

Since I installed this firmware 3 weeks ago, my Cybook crashes on startup the first time I use it after recharging it.

I charge my cybook, on average, every 5 days, for about 3 hours. The first time I turn it on after charging Without fail (so far), the cybook hangs and I need to use the reset button on the back.
After this the cybook works without this problem until I next recharge it.

Before I report this to Bookeen then I was just wondering if anybody else has encountered this or is it just me.
billyad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 02:09 PM   #105
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
So how do you start charging? Do you turn it off and then charge or do you let the battery run out and then charge?

I have not seen this problem but I usually have the Cybook on when I charge it.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote