Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #91
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
My T68 was sent yesterday.
It is possible. I had a conversation with Onyx some days ago. They told me that there was a problem in the factory with an inaccurate/defective production tool (needed for casing production) and they fixed a certain amount of T68 by hand. I told them I am going to wait for real mass production with new tool a couple of days more and Artatech seem finally to have accepted those hand fixed devices for their first batch.
Hand fixed devices should be also absolutely OK. I am testing such a device myself. I just wanted to make doubly sure that our customers will get absolutely identical devices ...
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #92
probono
probono began at the beginning.

Device: KindleDXG/NookST/KindleTouch/KoboAuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I just wanted to make doubly sure that our customers will get absolutely identical devices ...
As your client and waiting for my device, I find your decision better... Please Booxtor inform us when you have the device in the store and when you begin to send it...

Last edited by probono; 06-12-2014 at 07:43 AM.
probono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #93
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
these german folks have received a t68 and are going to publish a review in a few days : http://ebook-fieber.de/e-reader/onyx...er-lesen/23266

google translation : https://translate.google.fr/translat...B(eBook-Fieber)
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #94
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peleke View Post
Can you tell us of your impressions of the device Booxtor?
My unit arrived today (from Arta Tech).

The stock settings Onyx reading app combines illegible text with badly rendered images. And while I fixed the issues with the text I don't see a way to get the T68 to render images properly (see below).

Google Play and a lot of other basic Android features are nearly unusable due to poor graphics; apparently no one at Onyx thought that it was necessary for color menus to be legible on grayscale E-ink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
Is anyone able to say how well the Kindle app runs on it? Or the Kobo app?
The Kindle app crashed. I also cannot get it to sync correctly or download ebooks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030240.JPG
Views:	420
Size:	862.1 KB
ID:	124108  

Last edited by Nate the great; 06-13-2014 at 06:58 PM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:05 PM   #95
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm taking requests for apps and features that you would like me to try:
http://the-digital-reader.com/2014/0...x-t68-arrived/
Advert
Old 06-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #96
unixz
unixz is on a distinguished road

Device: none
What does it say in the model number?
unixz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:57 PM   #97
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixz View Post
What does it say in the model number?
Old 06-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #98
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Could you please test RepliGo Reader or EzPDF reader apps and let us know how they work? I think the ability to merge annotations to a PDF file and view them on the computer is critical. From what I read on the M96 forum, the Onyx reading software does not yet have this ability. Is this true on the T68 as well?

Thanks in advance!
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:32 AM   #99
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
I would like you to test Coolreader, FBReader and other [free or inexpensive] reading apps. I am interested in configurability of the apps and the device itself. I am pretty sure that soon there will be some high-contrast mods and themes (whatever they are called in Android).
Look at what icons and other graphical elements were used on Nook Simple Touch in their jailbreak package.

How many buttons does the device have? Is it enough for the device not to have to use that ugly hack with on-screen home and menu buttons that NST had to use?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:50 AM   #100
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Battery life, of course! And general file management, the handling of a library.

Thanks!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #101
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
how is speaker ? strong and good enough to listen to a speech in a small/medium room ?

how is web browsing on it ? did you find web browsers better than others ?

did you try the gmail app ?

Last edited by pierro78; 06-14-2014 at 06:18 AM.
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:45 AM   #102
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Disappointing.

Any plans to make a video Nate?
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:31 AM   #103
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by talizh View Post
Could you please test RepliGo Reader or EzPDF reader apps and let us know how they work? I think the ability to merge annotations to a PDF file and view them on the computer is critical. From what I read on the M96 forum, the Onyx reading software does not yet have this ability. Is this true on the T68 as well?

Thanks in advance!
RepliGo installed without any problems, the menu is usable on the E-ink screen, and it worked nicely.

I was able to read a 200MB graphic novel without issue. The text was small but the screen was sharp enough that it was readable. (It helped that I switched from a continuous scroll to a single page at a time.)

I was also able to test the annotation features (in a much smaller text only PDF). They worked (including highlights and other marks in colors which i could only see as grayscale), and I saved the new file with the annotations added.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:45 AM   #104
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierro78 View Post
how is speaker ? strong and good enough to listen to a speech in a small/medium room ?

how is web browsing on it ? did you find web browsers better than others ?

did you try the gmail app ?
No speaker, just a headphone jack.

the Gmail app is usable (I haven't tried the stock email client that Onyx included). It took the gmail app a few seconds to get caught up with my current status but once it did the app was responsive and I even sent out an email. This would not be my first choice for an email tool but it works.

The stock web browser is very slow; it works to display even animated graphics like today's Google Doodle. But it is slow so you might not want to use it much.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #105
talizh
Enthusiast
talizh has learned how to buy an e-book online

Quote:
RepliGo installed without any problems, the menu is usable on the E-ink screen, and it worked nicely.

I was able to read a 200MB graphic novel without issue. The text was small but the screen was sharp enough that it was readable. (It helped that I switched from a continuous scroll to a single page at a time.)

I was also able to test the annotation features (in a much smaller text only PDF). They worked (including highlights and other marks in colors which i could only see as grayscale), and I saved the new file with the annotations added.
Thanks, that's certainly great news!
talizh is offline   Reply With Quote