Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #9871
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne Parkinson View Post
Just a millisecond too late.
I demand a recount! Remeasure! Reconsideration!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #9872
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
12. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
Yes - a lovely one, that.
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #9873
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

4. Tess of the d’Urbervilles Thomas Hardy ? I know it's Hardy, but not sure which one ....
Old 11-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #9874
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I demand a recount! Remeasure! Reconsideration!
Sorry, I daren't risk an eddy in the space-time continuum.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #9875
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
4. Tess of the d’Urbervilles Thomas Hardy ? I know it's Hardy, but not sure which one ....
Yes, it's poor Tess.
Advert
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #9876
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Last words from some famous works.

One point each for author and title.

1. I leave it to be settled by whomsoever it may concern, whether the tendency of this work be altogether to recommend parental tyranny, or reward filial disobedience. - Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen - Billi 2 points

2. "Thank goodness!" said [Bilbo] laughing, and handed him the tobacco-jar. - The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien - Dreams 2 points

3. ... and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

4. As soon as they had strength, they arose, joined hands again, and went on. - Tess of the d’Urbervilles, Thomas Hardy - poohbear_nc, 2 points

5. "Oh, my girls, however long you may live, I never can wish you a greater happiness than this!" - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott - Daithi 2 points

6. The Knife came down, missing him by inches, and he took off. - Catch-22, Joseph Heller - Orlok 2 points

7. For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next. But he would think of something. - 2001: A Space Odyssey, Arthur C. Clarke - Daithi 2 points

8. [Aunt Sally] she’s going to adopt me and civilize me and I can’t stand it. I been there before. - The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain - Dreams 2 points

9. Now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on for ever: in which every chapter is better than the one before. The Last Battle, C.S. Lewis - pdurrant 2 points

10. "Well, I’m back,” he said. The Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien - pdurrant 2 points

11. She looked up and across the barn, and her lips came together and smiled mysteriously.

12. ... and wondered how anyone could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth. - Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte - poohbear_nc, 2 points

Scores so far:
Daithi, Dreams, pdurrant, Poohbear - 4 points each
Billi, Orlok - 2 points each
Old 11-06-2012, 02:35 PM   #9877
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Sorry, I daren't risk an eddy in the space-time continuum.
Hmmmm .... packing a black obelisk to ship to a certain quiz master in NZ -- look closely into the surface - you'll see that my answer clearly arrived before Daithi's!
[Watch out the the apes swinging those bones! ]
Old 11-06-2012, 02:58 PM   #9878
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
Hmmmm .... packing a black obelisk to ship to a certain quiz master in NZ -- look closely into the surface - you'll see that my answer clearly arrived before Daithi's!
[Watch out the the apes swinging those bones! ]
Oh wow! The numbers are going backwards! #9867 now comes before #9866!
Old 11-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #9879
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Oh wow! The numbers are going backwards! #9867 now comes before #9866!
Does that mean I win or lose?
[would someone please put that scary baby to bed?]
Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #9880
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
Does that mean I win or lose?
[would someone please put that scary baby to bed?]
You're in equal first place. Still four points available.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #9881
poohbear_nc
Now what?

11. something by James M. Cain?
Old 11-06-2012, 04:36 PM   #9882
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
11. something by James M. Cain?
No, it's not.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #9883
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Well, I have no idea on the other two, and I kind of feel bad about beating poohbear to the answer. He would have had a commanding lead right now, and I was just guessing. I didn't really even know the answer. So, I kinda stole the sole lead from him.

Hahahahahhhhaahaa!
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #9884
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Well, I have no idea on the other two, and I kind of feel bad about beating poohbear to the answer. He would have had a commanding lead right now, and I was just guessing. I didn't really even know the answer. So, I kinda stole the sole lead from him.

Hahahahahhhhaahaa!

It's good to see such abject penitence
Old 11-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #9885
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post

Hahahahahhhhaahaa!
Tsk! Tsk! The proper evil laugh is as follows:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Try it again - breathe in deeply and express your true evil inner self ....