Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-27-2023, 10:37 PM   #961
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
First: You have a bad cable (or a bad port). Fix that first, as you're bound to have way more issues down the line if you keep hoping for the best with a flaky connection .

Second: you're doing something wrong. Or macOS is doing something wrong for you; check the mac-specific mentions on those first two post .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 06:48 PM   #962
gtim108
Enthusiast
gtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
c.f., https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/10408

I'm waiting on Kobo to actually release the kernel sources. As an actual owner of the device, feel free to poke Kobo CS about that.
JFYI, Kobo pushed the new commit into git -

Added Elipsa 2E
kernel tar split to fall under GH file size limit.

https://github.com/kobolabs/Kobo-Rea...ef712b27e2a49e
gtim108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2023, 06:51 PM   #963
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtim108 View Post
JFYI, Kobo pushed the new commit into git -

Added Elipsa 2E
kernel tar split to fall under GH file size limit.

https://github.com/kobolabs/Kobo-Rea...ef712b27e2a49e
Hadn't noticed.
Old 07-31-2023, 07:15 PM   #964
gtim108
Enthusiast
gtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud ofgtim108 has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Stupid me :-)

Thanks!
gtim108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 11:13 PM   #965
lee.hauser
lee.hauser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Just did the 1 click install on my new Libra 2. The install instructions resulted in a few minutes of uncertainly on my Mac, running Sonoma Public Beta 1. The right-click->Open resulted in a list of applications to open it with; I tried Terminal, and it just flashed by (there was no gatekeeper).

After trying this a couple of times, I decided to put my vast command line knowledge (ha ha) to use, opened Terminal, typed "./install.command" and everything went as expected.

Last edited by lee.hauser; 08-09-2023 at 11:16 PM.
lee.hauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2023, 10:58 AM   #966
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee.hauser View Post
Just did the 1 click install on my new Libra 2. The install instructions resulted in a few minutes of uncertainly on my Mac, running Sonoma Public Beta 1. The right-click->Open resulted in a list of applications to open it with; I tried Terminal, and it just flashed by (there was no gatekeeper).

After trying this a couple of times, I decided to put my vast command line knowledge (ha ha) to use, opened Terminal, typed "./install.command" and everything went as expected.
I would not run a MacOS beta. The release versions are bad enough.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2023, 01:15 AM   #967
lee.hauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I would not run a MacOS beta. The release versions are bad enough.
The only reason I mention my OS is for troubleshooting purposes. I’d be happy to hear relevant feedback if there is any.
Old 08-11-2023, 12:08 PM   #968
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The only reason I mention my OS is for troubleshooting purposes. I’d be happy to hear relevant feedback if there is any.
The problem is that errors don't get fixed if your OS is not a release version qas the problem could be related to the OS. Try a release OS and if you have the same problem, then post about it.
Old 08-11-2023, 03:01 PM   #969
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Apple may have finally won its crusade against letting people run "untrusted" code on their OS, even in its most benign fashion. Yay Apple. >_<".

Snark aside, I haven't followed the macOS changes on that front, but, yes, either it's a beta issue (god knows their betas are usually *very* beta), or it's indeed a result of their "security" crackdown efforts.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:27 AM   #970
lee.hauser

Quote:
The problem is that errors don't get fixed if your OS is not a release version qas the problem could be related to the OS. Try a release OS and if you have the same problem, then post about it.
Of course, Beta versions of OS software are often problematic. That's exactly why I mentioned I was running a beta, trying to signal to others running the beta and installing this software might run into this problem as well. What I was responding to was the wholly irrelevant comment on MacOS.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:30 AM   #971
lee.hauser

Quote:
Apple may have finally won its crusade against letting people run "untrusted" code on their OS, even in its most benign fashion. Yay Apple. >_<".

Snark aside, I haven't followed the macOS changes on that front, but, yes, either it's a beta issue (god knows their betas are usually *very* beta), or it's indeed a result of their "security" crackdown efforts.
This time the installer worked just fine, just not quite as expected. I've encountered very, very few programs I haven't been able to run on any version of MacOS since BigSur.
Old 08-19-2023, 05:28 AM   #972
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Of course, Beta versions of OS software are often problematic. That's exactly why I mentioned I was running a beta, trying to signal to others running the beta and installing this software might run into this problem as well. What I was responding to was the wholly irrelevant comment on MacOS.
What I'm meaning is don't report any bugs while running a beta OS unless it's easily reproducible on a non-beta OS.
Old 09-12-2023, 08:58 PM   #973
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
What I'm meaning is don't report any bugs while running a beta OS unless it's easily reproducible on a non-beta OS.
I tend to report them as a heads up that there may be issues when the beta goes RTM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 07:35 PM   #974
Dragen
Dragen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
One-click script (with KOReader) doesn't seem to be enabling the hidden sysfiles ignore.
Dragen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 12:54 PM   #975
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Dragen:

Quote:
NOTE: Pertaining to that particular bit of trickery, I would *strongly* recommend that you do all this right after a clean, full reboot of your device!
And only trigger the USBMS session from within the Home screen, apparently there are still fd leaks lurking in Nickel otherwise...

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato