Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-08-2016, 04:44 AM   #901
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

For the last 8 or 10 months, I have been a nearly exclusive Koreader user on Kobo Glo. Following the lastest jailbreak, I am now an exclusive Koreader user on PW3.

There were some crashes, mistakes while setting it up. Now, after one and a half day, I am trying hard to find any defects to Koreader.

Everything seems to work smoothly: OTA incremental updates, I can use my unchanged Evernote settings for highlights; Stardict dictionaries (3), side-loaded fonts. Even the missing mini-bar selection options can be installed and work. Too nice!! Is this normal?

Thank you so much to all who do a great job of supporting it.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:55 AM   #902
Belendir
Belendir began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Hi

Yesterday I successfully applied the 5.6.5 JB on my Paperwhite 2 and updated to the new Amazon firmware afterwards. Now if I use Koreader there's an unusual problem when I view epubs with the framework enabled - every now and then, elements from the Amazon software pop up on top of the text I am reading with koreader. Mostly it's the clock in the upper right, sometimes the battery status as well. Other times the whole page gets blanked out with stuff from the new Amazon homescreen.
This happens with framework enabled only. Unfortunately I use KPVBooklets which seems to start with the framework.

I use the latest stable release of KOReader. Would do screenshots but don't know how. Thanks.

Last edited by Belendir; 02-11-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Belendir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2016, 06:42 AM   #903
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Belendir:

No completely unexpected, but annoying :/.

Note to self: check if this is still sane on 5.7.2.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:54 AM   #904
Belendir

Sorry if I complicated things for you . Let me know if I can test anything to help.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:15 AM   #905
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nah, I'm just not at home right now, so I don't have my PW2 on hand to check .
Advert
Old 02-12-2016, 07:03 AM   #906
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post

: OTA incremental updates,
Oh crap, I didn't know about that....

I've been using the koreader thing since June 2015, and it works like a dream. I don't even have network turned on on my paperwhite.

Should I be turning it on to get these ota updates....??

Or should I adhere to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage....??

Thanks, and thanks.
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 08:05 AM   #907
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Oh crap, I didn't know about that....

I've been using the koreader thing since June 2015, and it works like a dream. I don't even have network turned on on my paperwhite.

Should I be turning it on to get these ota updates....??

Or should I adhere to the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage....??

Thanks, and thanks.
If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

The KOreader OTA updates are selectively 'pulled by the user' not 'pushed by the vendor' the way Amazon does it with the Kindle firmware.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #908
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Works for me, thanks.
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 11:28 AM   #909
Belendir

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Belendir:

No completely unexpected, but annoying :/.

Note to self: check if this is still sane on 5.7.2.
Any updates yet? keep up the good work
Old 02-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #910
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Whee, I had lost this thread .

Going to push a change that should hopefully fix this.

For the record, were you seeing anything other than the clock coming through?

EDIT: You already answered that, yay! .
Old 02-25-2016, 04:02 PM   #911
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I couldn't get this to work on 5.7.2, does that mean it's not compatible? I'm on 5.7.2.1 now though. I've heard only good things about KOReader and want to see how it is, but there are no demo videos on youtube.
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:00 PM   #912
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
"demo videos on youtube" ? ? ? ?

If you don't trust something that is as well known as KOreader, then you really shouldn't be trusting anything at all.
With or without (faked) video proof.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:43 PM   #913
el_topo50
Connoisseur
el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage (5.7.2.1. JB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
I couldn't get this to work on 5.7.2, does that mean it's not compatible? I'm on 5.7.2.1 now though. I've heard only good things about KOReader and want to see how it is, but there are no demo videos on youtube.
Are you jailbroken? Did you follow install steps?

It worked perfectly well on my KV 5.7.2, and is working perfectly now Im in 5.7.2.1. Both stable and nightly builds.
Koreader is awesome!!!
el_topo50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:57 PM   #914
CalbertAmu
Connoisseur
CalbertAmu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I am jailbroken and loving the screensaver hack. I am gonna try this again, thank you!
CalbertAmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:35 PM   #915
el_topo50
Connoisseur
el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.el_topo50 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage (5.7.2.1. JB)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalbertAmu View Post
I am jailbroken and loving the screensaver hack. I am gonna try this again, thank you!
Yes, the screensaver hack is GREAT!!! If it helps, i launch koreader via kual 2.6.
Here are some screenshots...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_02_25T22_24_29-0300.png
Views:	520
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	146716   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2016_02_25T22_24_35-0300.png
Views:	559
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	146717   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reader_2016-Feb-25_223027.png