Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-16-2010, 05:25 PM   #76
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
When I said "possibly" DRM ePUB, I meant when flashing from the jetBook. I never tried it (DRM), so it is unconfirmed.

With the current Aluratek firmware, you can flash to a patched jetBook firmware only. The link is in this thread.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #77
lucy04
lucy04 began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
34b-33g

Yes. I want the pdf reflow feature. Another feature I want is black back ground white font. Do you notice any possible change in firmware for that?
lucy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #78
lucy04

34b-33g

I modified the 33g firmware, changed the configure file let "Text" value="16777215" and I down flash to 33g and get black background and light font. I wonder what does Text value="16777215" mean and weather I get a brighter color?

I looked at the libre firmware, I did not find ADE, it has FBReader and looks almost the same as the Jetbook firmware, I'm curious where is the ADE in libre firmware?
Old 03-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #79
lucy04

flashed to libre

I used the libre firmware from this thread and flashed to libre and get what I want. Thank you so much!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:01 PM   #80
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What config file specifically? And how did you figure out what value to use?
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #81
doug38
doug38 began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco jetBook or Aluratek Libre
How does one use the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE)? (The support techie in a Chat suggested that I copy the ADE folder. He said just connect the LIBRE to my PC. Open MY COMPUTER, copy the Digital Editions folder from your LIBRE's internal memory to the SD card. You can even retitle the folder, he said.) ---Fine, I did that, but frankly I have no idea what to do in order to benefit from doing that. In the past I've dragged and dropped text files in various file formats from my computer into the LIBRE and they seem to display fine. What's the advantage of ADE and how does one use it???
doug38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #82
doug38
doug38 began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco jetBook or Aluratek Libre
I might add that I'd thought to keep the folder of the 100 free "e-books" texts the LIBRE came with, separate from any texts I might download/ install in future, but the ADE might be useful, somehow, if I put these new texts into the same folder as the one holding those free 100 texts.
doug38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #83
lucy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
What config file specifically? And how did you figure out what value to use?
config.xml at default directory of FBReader, I did a google on the value and there is only one item returned and I used the value in that item.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #84
lucy04

add support for more language of FBReader

I've added fonts supporting utf-8 to libre firmware. The font is successfully used. But when select utf-8 encoding, only western Eropean characters like French, Spanish are working, characters for other languages like Russian, Japanese, Hebrew are not displayed. Anybody have any idea, what is possible to try ?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #85
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
If accessing DRM ePub files is all that is desired then why not just go and find the ePub DRM removal procedure on the Internet. I know it works. I went from Aluratek to jetBook only to discover that the JB didn't support ADE DRM.

Now that doesn't matter anymore. I can buy all the ADE ePub books I want, remove the DRM and read them on my JB (V34). It's a 2 step procedure the first time then after that it becomes a 1 step procedure.

Step 1 identifies and pulls your ADE key.
Step 2 uses the key and creates a copy of the file without the key being required to open the book. The file copy can now be read on any reader that supports ePub.

What I did like about the Libre was the PDF Text-flow feature.
That would be nice to add to the JB.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #86
cj2010
cj2010 began at the beginning.

Device: JBL
Any Libre on JB lite?

Thanks,
cj2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM   #87
gecko666
gecko666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I flashed my Libre with the JetBook firmware from this thread (version 0.33g) and I now want to upgrade it to the latest firmware 0.35a but it's not working. I tried to upgrade to 0.34b and 0.34c as well with the same result. Anyone knows how to do this?
gecko666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #88
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
Doug38 I believe that the hidden ADE file located in internal memeory is used to keep track of your key when you place a ADE DRM ePub book on your device.

You have to set-up an account with Adobe and download the ADE software. Then when you purchase an ebook Providing you purchase an ADE ePud DRM book. You will be given a download code. Then using ADE on your PC you double click on the file and it will start up ADE if it isn't up already and it should download the book to your PC. Once it is on your PC you can use ADE to move it to your eReader by authorizing that reader. ADE uses the key that is stored on their server under your account.

Note: It may be worth while archiving the ADE software before doing any ADE upgrades. You never know when a future update may invalidate your key.

You can also just remove the ADE hold on the ebook thus avoiding the issue in the future and not being tied to an ADE compatible e-reader.

John
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #89
Kralik
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko666 View Post
I flashed my Libre with the JetBook firmware from this thread (version 0.33g) and I now want to upgrade it to the latest firmware 0.35a but it's not working. I tried to upgrade to 0.34b and 0.34c as well with the same result. Anyone knows how to do this?
I suggest that you try flashing the "official" 0.33g firmware after the patched version and then try to go to 0.35a from there.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #90
gecko666
gecko666 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Kralik
I actually thought of that already but the result was the same.
gecko666 is offline   Reply With Quote