Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-20-2009, 03:36 AM   #76
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
NEW Update Xournal DR Patch V8b

I created a new update for Xournal with the following changes:
- Added Options->Toggle Taskbar to toggle the taksbar :-)
- Fixed problem with certain pages that do not have a /Content
-> The generated pdf will give problems on DR and behave strange on desktop!
- Use orientation extracted from the pdf to let poppler rotate
- updated ipc call: startupComplete to R1.7 version

See the first mail in this thread for the new zip file and installation instructions.

Please keep giving me feedback.

Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:39 AM   #77
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMT View Post
I installed xournal version 8 on my DR1000S and when I try to Export to PDF xournal just crashes and creates an empty file. What have I done wrong? I have tried to reinstall with no luck. Everything else seems to work great.

Thanks for any help.

Mike
Hi Mike,

I did not receive any feedback from you, is xournal still giving problems?

Regards,
Marcel.
Advert
Old 02-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #78
Mackx
Guru

Sources for Xournal patch V8b

It seems that I was so wise to save a tar-file of the Anjuta project with the V8b code. I stripped some of the build-results/intermediate files.
If anyone wants to port this to the DR800 some tips:
- the ipc.c file is the first file to look at. In R3.0 some of the ipc calls have changed (this is not easy to see, since they moved some of the code to helper libraries.) on_prepare_unmount seems to be replaced with on_prepare_standby for example.
- I used the parameter: --prefix=/usr/local with configure.
- the liberutils library is new (in R3.0), and I assume it needs to be added to the dependent libraries.
- The scribble library did not change very much, so I do not expect a problem there.
- The scribble.c file contains the extra code for scribbling and forced screen updates.
- The code contains a lot of (usefull) comments, read them carefully.

Please let me know what you changed because these changes will probably also be needed for the new DR1000 firmware (end of Q1?).
In case of problems you can also send me a PM and we can handle it off-line.

Success,
Marcel.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:40 AM   #79
Mackx
Guru

Oops forgot to attach sources, will do that when I am at my home-PC, sorry
Old 02-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #80
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
Can I suggest 2 things

a) a repository, such as github or sourceforge, etc.
b) some abstraction layer possibly built on autoconf to handle rolling forward iRex api changes.
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 06:05 AM   #81
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpn Jack Flash View Post
Can I suggest 2 things

a) a repository, such as github or sourceforge, etc.
b) some abstraction layer possibly built on autoconf to handle rolling forward iRex api changes.
Good suggestions,

I do not have any experience with either, so some help would be appriciated. Which repository best to use, w.r.t. ease of use and performance (of the used server)? Is the MobileRead Development Hub a good alternative?

W.r.t. the second point I hope with the new firmware for the DR1000 the libs will be the same again and that afterward new firmware will be released for both 1000 and 800 at the same time. But it would be wise to think of it.
The iRex code uses constructions like:
#if MACHINE_IS_DR1000S || MACHINE_IS_DR1000SW
for machine specific code, may be best to align to this.

Last edited by Mackx; 02-26-2010 at 06:19 AM. Reason: added question ofr MobileRead Development Hub
Old 02-26-2010, 06:24 AM   #82
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Good suggestions,

I do not have any experience with either, so some help would be appriciated. Which repository best to use, w.r.t. ease of use and performance (of the used server)?
W.r.t. the second point I hope with the new firmware for the DR1000 the libs will be the same again and that afterward new firmware will be released for both 1000 and 800 at the same time. But it would be wise to think of it.
The iRex code uses constructions like:
#if MACHINE_IS_DR1000S || MACHINE_IS_DR1000SW
for machine specific code, may be best to align to this.
This gives a list of git hosting sites.
github seems to have some fairly big hitters using it and everyone and their dog/cat seems to be switching from cvs/subversion to git.
I believe KDE is using gitorious.
There is also
googlecode

and sourceforge.

Plenty of choice.

For device detection you have to take into account firmware versioning for the ifdefs, that should be supplied by the autoconf scripts.
As you may have a a DR1000 running v2.0 or v3.0. The user may not have replaced the firmware in order to keep mobi support.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 AM   #83
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git

Actually the MobileRead Development Hub would not be bad.

I have never seen it before but then again this is my first reader, have not had any itches to scratch in this space.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #84
Mackx
Guru

Now with source :-)

This time with code, see few messages back for my remarks regarding the code.
Attached Files
File Type: gz xournal-0.4.2.1_V8b_src.tar.gz (768.0 KB, 390 views)
Old 03-13-2010, 01:06 AM   #85
jbbebg
Enthusiast
jbbebg began at the beginning.

Device: prs 500, prs 505, Irex Iliad, Irex Digital
I am sorry if I am asking something what is already implemented.
I would like that Xournal open the document at the last opened page. For instance using Recently used files closes at defined time all open documents including the Xournal file (even save last not yet saved changes). Next time at power up all document are opened including Xournal, but it is opened at the first page.

Is it possible that Xournal remember last used page, or maybe adding additional user choice option.

Thank you,
Regards
jbbebg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #86
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbebg View Post
I am sorry if I am asking something what is already implemented.
I would like that Xournal open the document at the last opened page. For instance using Recently used files closes at defined time all open documents including the Xournal file (even save last not yet saved changes). Next time at power up all document are opened including Xournal, but it is opened at the first page.
I am working on this, I have a version running on my DR that stores the current page at the moment that xournal is closed. So the xournal file will be opened at the page you were reading before. Since it is modifying the metadata.db file, this version will for sure not work on the DR800 or the announced DR1000 V2 firmware. I am still working on the problem, that when loading large files, the screen is not refreshed unless you press a button. So I was not yet planning on releasing it. Send me a PM if you want to test this half finished version.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:11 PM   #87
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
I've posted a very experimental and bare compilation of Xournal v0.4.5 for DR800 in this thread.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #88
garywitscher
Enthusiast
garywitscher began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Xournal for DR800/DR1000

It's beginning to look like development has stopped on this project. Maybe because of the Irex notes app? Anyway, I for one would still like to have Xournal on my DR800. So, if there is a new release that works on the DR800, please post it. It's a great app!
garywitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:38 AM   #89
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garywitscher View Post
It's beginning to look like development has stopped on this project. Maybe because of the Irex notes app? Anyway, I for one would still like to have Xournal on my DR800. So, if there is a new release that works on the DR800, please post it. It's a great app!
Hello garywitscher,

I answered you in the other thread.
Xournal ports are not halted, they are resting
Mackx's version is more complete and integrated with DR devices (file dialogs, refresh, etc).

The idea is to have only one development, compatible for both DR1000 and DR800.
We are waiting for the release of the new version of DRxxx firmware and for the new SDK as well.
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:56 AM   #90
Mackx
Guru

Yes, the Xournal port has some problems on the the R2.0 beta firmware for which I need the SDK to solve this. I am just resting .