Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-29-2023, 12:55 PM   #76
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I have it set to refresh every page. Still not always effective. That said, I am happy with it.

Also waiting for the 'case'. I assume it is just like Era's, which snaps into the slot on the back, and covers only the front. I think it was several months before I was able to get one for my Era.
I bought one case from AliExpress. When it arrives, I'll post here my impressions about it.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 02:42 PM   #77
Rbneader
Fanatic
Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rbneader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Does Pocketbook have any ereaders with a microSD card slot? The spec pages don't mention one.
Rbneader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2023, 07:15 PM   #78
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbneader View Post
Does Pocketbook have any ereaders with a microSD card slot? The spec pages don't mention one.
Some of them do. The specs will show it if it does.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 01:52 PM   #79
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have to say it's snappier than expected when zooming. @Fritomaster posted in YouTube a video where it's slow when zooming/rendering, but I wonder whether an update, which was requested immediately after first time configuration, has improved its responsiveness.

Aside, does someone know if einkbro is supported? Although I think the app is not meant to work in color eink

Last edited by viceant; 12-31-2023 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2023, 10:08 PM   #80
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
They do have some models with microSD slots, the InkPad 3 (not the InkPad 3 Pro version), the Basic Lux 4, Basic 4, InkPad Lite and Verse (not the Verse Pro version). These are the current models, except I think the InkPad 3 is being replaced by the InkPad 4 (which does not have a microSD slot), so it's probably not current.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2024, 03:00 AM   #81
Fritomaster
Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EGegege
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I have to say it's snappier than expected when zooming. @Fritomaster posted in YouTube a video where it's slow when zooming/rendering, but I wonder whether an update, which was requested immediately after first time configuration, has improved its responsiveness.

Aside, does someone know if einkbro is supported? Although I think the app is not meant to work in color eink
I should have the current version. I think file size/resolution may be a big factor. I'm not sure I resized that doc in the video. However I can say my manga is resized to native res (I don't zoom in much, but it's not super fast.) Only panning I feel is "fast enough"
Fritomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 09:56 AM   #82
viceant
Addict

Quote:
I have it set to refresh every page. Still not always effective. That said, I am happy with it.

Also waiting for the 'case'. I assume it is just like Era's, which snaps into the slot on the back, and covers only the front. I think it was several months before I was able to get one for my Era.
I bought a sleeve on AliExpress, but had to return it because didn't fit.
Old 01-12-2024, 02:11 PM   #83
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Pocketbook ‘flip cover’ that works with the InkPad Color 2 and 4 might work with InkPad Color 3 as well. I asked a question about it and someone with IPC3 said it ‘fits perfectly’. I’m a little skeptical, since the dimensions aren’t exactly the same.

https://www.amazon.com/PocketBook-Re...s%2C257&sr=8-3
Old 01-12-2024, 02:31 PM   #84
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
The Pocketbook ‘flip cover’ that works with the ...
I don't have an Inkpad, but what I do have is opinions.
I've had ereaders for a dozen years now and I've tried pouches and covers galore.
For me, the path is clear. I want to protect the screen but I don't care if the back looks like a war zone.
Flaps with auto sleep is a great solution, but I take it a step further and chop off most of the back cover, leaving about 1/2" to glue to the case.
I'm so enamored of this that I will do this for any future ereaders.

As a matter of fact, I might even make my own.
Take 0.5 mm acrylic and cut out holes for magnets where you want to either attach or activate sleep.
(For rectangular magnets you might have it laser cut.)
Cover it with whatever cloth/plastic material you wish. Glue it on the reader.

How does that cover stick anyway?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 03:44 PM   #85
Arconte
Enthusiast
Arconte began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx TUC
Nice to have new members on the colour eInk family! Even if they don't haver an OS that can be used as a tablet, which in my opinion is non functional, but at least it creates competition and accelerates the eInk development.

I have read in an amazon review about the colour on this device being better than on others devices, but no idea about it.
Arconte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 10:16 PM   #86
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I don't have an Inkpad, but what I do have is opinions.
I've had ereaders for a dozen years now and I've tried pouches and covers galore.
For me, the path is clear. I want to protect the screen but I don't care if the back looks like a war zone.
Flaps with auto sleep is a great solution, but I take it a step further and chop off most of the back cover, leaving about 1/2" to glue to the case.
I'm so enamored of this that I will do this for any future ereaders.

As a matter of fact, I might even make my own.
Take 0.5 mm acrylic and cut out holes for magnets where you want to either attach or activate sleep.
(For rectangular magnets you might have it laser cut.)
Cover it with whatever cloth/plastic material you wish. Glue it on the reader.

How does that cover stick anyway?
There is a panel on the back that covers some slots that the flip cover snaps into, replacing the panel. It’s nice, only $25. I just wonder how good the fit is, since the listing does not mention InkPad Color 3.

I will probably order it, can always return if it does not fit.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-12-2024 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2024, 07:01 PM   #87
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
There is a panel on the back that covers some slots that the flip cover snaps into, replacing the panel. It’s nice, only $25. I just wonder how good the fit is, since the listing does not mention InkPad Color 3.

I will probably order it, can always return if it does not fit.
I ordered one, it does fit perfectly and I love the color (green-blue). Nice to have sleep-wake feature.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:07 PM   #88
Fritomaster
Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fritomaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EGegege
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arconte View Post
Nice to have new members on the colour eInk family! Even if they don't haver an OS that can be used as a tablet, which in my opinion is non functional, but at least it creates competition and accelerates the eInk development.

I have read in an amazon review about the colour on this device being better than on others devices, but no idea about it.
There was a video review that mentioned this too. That it looked slightly better. Idk if there are less layers because of no fancy wacom stuff. No idea. It's also smaller than most tablet ones afaik. Which could be why.

Either way I'm glad it doesn't have android. That's the reason I chose this over the boox. I want the battery life and I don't really see the need for a android ereader. (at least for me.)
Fritomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 02:36 PM   #89
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
You can look at Wikipedia to see which models have micro SD card slots. If you want confirmation for a model you have to look at its user manual via pocketbook.ch support.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 08:05 AM   #90
viceant
Addict

A thing I find bad with this device is its English dictionary. If you pinch a verb in its gerund, past or participle, it doesn't find it and you have to type its infinitive.

I whish I could have the dictionary from my Sony PRS-T1, Which was amazing: phrasal verbs, examples.... or have Wordreference in it