Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #76
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
BTW, can you say overdoing it too soon after surgery? We went to the Montgomery gem and mineral show yesterday - 2 hrs drive, 6 hrs looking at rocks, and 2 hrs back - but Tim drove so it was OK.

Anyhow, I saw lots of gorgeous coprolites. They were sliced sort of thin, about 1/2 inch, then highly polished. If they had been smaller, would have made a pretty pendant. Imagine the conversation:
"What a lovely pendant? Is that tiger eye?"

"No, nothing to do with tigers, but it did come out of an animal."
And now back to the story.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:56 PM   #77
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I've been inspecting soon-to-be coprolites for years. I don't think I've ever come across one that was gorgeous. But, if you care to know, many of them have had the most interesting aroma. I'd be most happy to elaborate but somehow I don't think this is the right crowd.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #78
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I've been inspecting soon-to-be coprolites for years. I don't think I've ever come across one that was gorgeous. But, if you care to know, many of them have had the most interesting aroma. I'd be most happy to elaborate but somehow I don't think this is the right crowd.
Some's got nuts, some's just creamy? Oh wait, that's a Whitman's Sampler.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:14 PM   #79
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
TOMMORROW!!!

Sorry gang, but I have a life that sometimes needs to be taken care of. It takes me around 3-4 hours for each batch, and today I have - planted 60 boysenberry plant, move 19 big pots into the sun, cooked 2 meals, Rearranged video equipment, chopped up cardboard boxes for recycling, and ate my first home-grown orange of the year. (Yummy!) And watch the Cowboys lose. Have a heart. I will start working on the next batch bright and early tommorrow morning. (Assuming no disasters occur overnight.) And yes I need to get this going. I've already come up with 6 different endings. (Decisions, decisions...)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #80
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Sorry gang, but I have a life that sometimes needs to be taken care of. It takes me around 3-4 hours for each batch, and today I have - planted 60 boysenberry plant, move 19 big pots into the sun, cooked 2 meals, Rearranged video equipment, chopped up cardboard boxes for recycling, and ate my first home-grown orange of the year. (Yummy!) And watch the Cowboys lose. Have a heart. I will start working on the next batch bright and early tommorrow morning. (Assuming no disasters occur overnight.) And yes I need to get this going. I've already come up with 6 different endings. (Decisions, decisions...)
i say write em all and let us decide which is our favorite !!!

(oh, and what's this i hear about a life ?? how did you manage to fit one of those in ???)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #81
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i say write em all and let us decide which is our favorite !!!

(oh, and what's this i hear about a life ?? how did you manage to fit one of those in ???)
Of course I have a life! It was formally issued to me by Star Fleet Command.
(Or was it the Galactic Patrol? I've got the letter around here somewhere...)

Sorry about not fitting Hugo and Lefty into the mix. There's a limit to what weirdness I can fit into the mix and stay true to a proper Noir story....

As far as endings go, you just can't tack on an ending. You have to start dropping clues along the way. I'm dropping the second clue tomorrow....
Old 12-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #82
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
BTW, can you say overdoing it too soon after surgery? We went to the Montgomery gem and mineral show yesterday - 2 hrs drive, 6 hrs looking at rocks, and 2 hrs back - but Tim drove so it was OK.

Anyhow, I saw lots of gorgeous coprolites. They were sliced sort of thin, about 1/2 inch, then highly polished. If they had been smaller, would have made a pretty pendant. Imagine the conversation:
"What a lovely pendant? Is that tiger eye?"

"No, nothing to do with tigers, but it did come out of an animal."
And now back to the story.
How is your eye coming along?
Old 12-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #83
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Of course I have a life! It was formally issued to me by Star Fleet Command.
(Or was it the Galactic Patrol? I've got the letter around here somewhere...)

Sorry about not fitting Hugo and Lefty into the mix. There's a limit to what weirdness I can fit into the mix and stay true to a proper Noir story....

As far as endings go, you just can't tack on an ending. You have to start dropping clues along the way. I'm dropping the second clue tomorrow....
WHAT ??? no hugo and lefty ??? not even a cameo ????? oh, you disappoint me. i feel sure that they would look brilliant in a fedora. so you're saying a talking dog is no trouble, but you draw the line at a pair of smart socks ? pff. amateur.

(i still love the story though, don't get me wrong !! )
Old 12-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #84
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
WHAT ??? no hugo and lefty ??? not even a cameo ????? oh, you disappoint me. i feel sure that they would look brilliant in a fedora. so you're saying a talking dog is no trouble, but you draw the line at a pair of smart socks ? pff. amateur.

(i still love the story though, don't get me wrong !! )

Five posts and I already have critics! Steve ---- Help!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #85
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
well, if all your critics tell you they love the story, i think you don't have much to worry about.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #86
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
WHAT ??? no hugo and lefty ??? not even a cameo ????? oh, you disappoint me. i feel sure that they would look brilliant in a fedora.
Would that be the pair of them sharing the fedora, or are they smart enough to have one each?
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #87
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Would that be the pair of them sharing the fedora, or are they smart enough to have one each?
well, that's debatable... but i suspect hugo would manage it though. lefty... not so sure. but even just sharing one fedora between them i'm sure they'd be ultra stylie.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:07 PM   #88
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I've already come up with 6 different endings. (Decisions, decisions...)
Do a "Choose your own adventure" story!

(I kid, I kid)

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:30 AM   #89
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
....so you're saying a talking dog is no trouble....
When am I ever trouble?
:doggiewinkingwhichisreallyhardtodosoyoushouldbeim pressed:
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #90
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Just keep your head down, one eye peeled for flying daggers, and for God's sake, don't drink the Kool-Aid! You'll be fine.

I can't vouch for what will be left of the story. But finish it anyway, it's worth the bruises.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coprolite, ongoing saga, pinwheel, saga, unutterable silliness