Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-05-2013, 04:00 AM   #76
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
In this blog post...
http://cafe.kobo.com/blog/kobo-ebook...autiful-design

They ask for folks to leave comments or to email feedback@kobo.com

Don't know if it'd do any good in getting them to make some changes or not, but might be worth a try.
agree it is worth a try! I had two exchanges, one using the email contact on the Kobo UK site, one with the chatline, which I presume is operated outside the UK. The email support seemed not to be aware of the issue, and the exchange was almost hilarious: it left the door open to technical improvements on the site, but as the representative seemed unaware of the fact that the format was no longer showing, I am not sure it is worth pinning much hope on this. The chat were on the ball, and suggested immediately to use the preview as a means to find out about the format - this lady sounded much less hopeful than the format info will eventually come back, but this could just be good customer service: underpromise and overdeliver
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #77
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Is anybody else experiencing issues with kobobooks.com and Chrome? For the last week and a half or so, every time I try to go to the site, I get either a "couldn't get the requested content"--which is odd, because that happens when I just type the address into the bar and go--or else I get an error page right off the bat and can't get into the site at all.

I can access everything with no problem using Firefox.

And yes, I have cleared my cache and restarted Chrome, but it's still doing it (last check this morning at 3:28).
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #78
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
Is anybody else experiencing issues with kobobooks.com and Chrome?
I am not having problems with chrome on my Windows 8 64 bit machine. Could it be an extension?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #79
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
Is anybody else experiencing issues with kobobooks.com and Chrome?
I use Chrome exclusively on my home machine and on my Android devices and have not had any issues.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #80
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I am not having problems with chrome on my Windows 8 64 bit machine. Could it be an extension?
Maybe. The only one I can think of that might be interfering is Media Hint; it's only been since they revamped the store that this has been happening. Might be conflicting code somewhere. I'll play around with them and see.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2013, 05:20 PM   #81
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Am I doing something wrong when I can't seem to log in to kobobooks because my email address is also used for my facebook account and I don't want to link the two? I get asked "Your email address is linked to an existing Facebook account. Would you like to sign in with Facebook?" but the only option is to either sign in with facebook or cancel....?!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #82
woe
woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.woe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Am I doing something wrong when I can't seem to log in to kobobooks because my email address is also used for my facebook account and I don't want to link the two? I get asked "Your email address is linked to an existing Facebook account. Would you like to sign in with Facebook?" but the only option is to either sign in with facebook or cancel....?!
Are you trying to log in to an existing Kobo account or to create a new one?
woe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #83
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am trying to log into an existing Kobo account. I have previously used the account, but haven't done so for a while (I had to get it send me a password reminder), I wondered if it was something to do with the revamped site?
Old 09-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #84
lioslaith
Zealot
lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lioslaith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505, Kindle, Kobo Vox/Glo, Nook
What drew my attention was the fact I got a 'welcome whsmith customers' logo and also when I launch the main page in browser it welcomes me by name and asks "what's your next read going to be?". That's what attracted my attention and alerted me to the fact it had had a makeover.

I'm not the most observant person when layout change unless I can't find something where it usually is.

As I don't use the Kobo bookstore, as I find it more expensive when I compare prices on the same book most times, often I'm generally late to the party noticing anything new.
lioslaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #85
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
I am trying to log into an existing Kobo account. I have previously used the account, but haven't done so for a while (I had to get it send me a password reminder), I wondered if it was something to do with the revamped site?

Maybe you could

1) temporarily change your email to another in fb (even create one just for the purpose), then sign in to kobo, change that email to something else and change back your fb email.

2) alternatively just change your fb email to a different one.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #86
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
The new bookstore is available on and off in France. So far, nothing new from other comments, but I like the ability to see only titles allowing coupons (I wasn't sure if it would be implemented in the French website), I miss the format of the ebook (epub ou PDF) and I dearly miss the choice to browse only free ebooks. Maybe it's somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.

I've always wanted a "cancel" option in the page you're at after pushing "buy", but I don't know if it's here or not due to the on and off appearance of the new bookstore. So far when I change my mind (all the codes have been redeemed, say), I can only go back by using the back arrow
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #87
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
So far when I change my mind (all the codes have been redeemed, say), I can only go back by using the back arrow
That's definitely the way it is in the old layout - haven't yet seen the new one so far here in Germany; but what's new is that after I cancel a purchase, Kobo starts pestering me with emails telling me to have another look at the book. Rather annoying, I have to say.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #88
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
Maybe you could

1) temporarily change your email to another in fb (even create one just for the purpose), then sign in to kobo, change that email to something else and change back your fb email.

2) alternatively just change your fb email to a different one.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've just registered a new account with an old email address I rarely use instead. Bugs me that I can't just use my normal email address though! Stupid reading life and facebook integration when it's not wanted
Old 09-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #89
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I've just registered a new account with an old email address I rarely use instead. Bugs me that I can't just use my normal email address though! Stupid reading life and facebook integration when it's not wanted
I agree...it seems like everything these days is attempting/forcing to "link accounts". I refuse to use a lot of things solely for that reason.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #90
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre

I know definitely feels more and more like big brother is wanting to watch your every move!

Now for my next question, where do discount codes go in the revamped store, I can only see an option for gift cards? I don't use the kobo store very much (can you tell!) but thought I'd give it another go since BooksonBoard went defunct, but this new site is giving me a sore head.

Tags
kobo books, rdlecoeur