Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #76
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Pick up a Zune on eBay.
Quite a few years back -- I think it was Christmas 2010, but it may have been Christmas 2009 -- I got my kids a pair of Zune HD 32g mp4 players. I was blown away by the ease of use, beautiful display, and assortment of games and apps available. A couple of years later one went missing, so I replaced it with a 64g model just before people stopped selling them. When the lost Zune reappeared, I expected to keep it for myself, but my wife intervened. When my oldest got a droid, I thought I'd score his Zune. No. Now he has an S3 and still uses the Zune for music and games.

Having used both the iPod and the Zune HD, the Zune is much more cool. Right now that 64g Zune HD costs more than twice what I paid for it. If that isn't cool, tell me what is!
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #77
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Which was??? I think you might mean Galileo... but if the church did tell Copernicus then I'd be interested in what they said...
The "church" was very busy for about 2 centuries correcting people's thoughts. Light readers of science history miss much of the detail.

"Unlike Galileo and other controversial astronomers, however, Copernicus had a good relationship with the Catholic Church. It may come as a surprise, considering the Church banned Copernicus' "Des revolutionibus" for more than 200 years. Copernicus was actually respected as a canon and regarded as a renowned astronomer. Contrary to popular belief, the Church accepted Copernicus' heliocentric theory before a wave of Protestant opposition led the Church to ban Copernican views in the 17th century."

You might review forsooth's profile.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 02:29 AM   #78
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Which was??? I think you might mean Galileo... but if the church did tell Copernicus then I'd be interested in what they said...

Nicolaus Copernicus Monument in
Kraków's Planty Park,
before the Collegium Witkowski
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote