Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-01-2010, 06:19 PM   #76
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
1 wake up
2 hit the snooze button
3 repeat 2
4 repeat 2
5 repeat 2
6 yell at children and hubby ‘who the hell hit the snooze button?!'
7 get kids ready
8 run to kindergarten to drop off little one
9 run to school to drop off the older one
7 run to park nearby to go running
8 run home, shower, tea
9 run to work
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #77
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
What is the first thing you do in the morning after you wake up?
Well, I wake up in the morning
Fold my hands and pray for rain
I got a head full of ideas
That are drivin' me insane
It's a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor
I ain't gonna work on Maggie's farm no more.

Of course, that's Bob. Me, I check my email and Twitter, and Instapundit.com. Then I head out to Maggie's Farm...

(They say sing while you slave and I just get bored)

Last edited by Harmon; 10-01-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #78
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Around 100 pushups and then a few dozen jumping jacks and then coffee with MR and then work.
Man, you are blowing your daily allotment of heartbeats before you get out the door!
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #79
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Every time I read the title of this thread I'm reminded of the mondegreen Maxell used in a tape ad years back:

Get up in the mornin, sleeping for bread sir.
Sold out to every monk and beef-head.
Oh-oh, me ears are alight.
Why find my kids, they buck up and a-leave me.
Darling cheesehead, I was yards to greasy.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:50 AM   #80
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Every time I read the title of this thread I'm reminded of the mondegreen Maxell used in a tape ad years back:

Get up in the mornin, sleeping for bread sir.
Sold out to every monk and beef-head.
Why find my kids, they buck up and a-leave me.
Darling cheesehead, I was yards to greasy.
Is this Aussie-talk? I don't understand a thing!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #81
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The first thing I do is call Norton an a****** for waking me up, then give him a lecture about how I need my sleep because I work nights and tell him he's being really inconsiderate. Then he licks my face and I give him a hug and call him a little s***.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #82
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
You're lucky-- every time I read the title of this thread, I'm reminded of an awful, awful pop song that I first heard on a Simpsons clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n--ITyUWdug

(Not embedded so as minimize the spreading of the contagin.)
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #83
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Cockney, maybe? She's British.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #84
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm in the UK!!

It's a (very) old ad for audio cassette tapes that played on most people seemingly not being able to understand the lyrics to The Israelites. There was a chap with hand written cards for each line which he held up as the song was playing:

Old 10-02-2010, 01:03 PM   #85
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Sorry - didn't mean to impugn your nationality - thought you might have slipped into "Oz-talk" whilst remaining in your native Surrey! [perhaps a rogue sink hole had opened]

Now I have the tune of "The Israelites" running through my head - and I don't know the words either!

Better start memorizing your post!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #86
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Sorry - didn't mean to impugn your nationality - thought you might have slipped into "Oz-talk" whilst remaining in your native Surrey! [perhaps a rogue sink hole had opened]
*goes to check sink* Fortunately not...

(Although Oz-slang and Brit-slang are remarkably similar)

Quote:
Now I have the tune of "The Israelites" running through my head - and I don't know the words either!

Better start memorizing your post!
Old 10-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #87
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
You're lucky-- every time I read the title of this thread, I'm reminded of an awful, awful pop song that I first heard on a Simpsons clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n--ITyUWdug

(Not embedded so as minimize the spreading of the contagin.)
Where's the negative karma when you need it?!

Thankfully, the tune is so awful, and sounds so generic-modern-pop it won't stick for me
Old 10-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #88
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I think they should remove all snooze buttons from alarm clocks... They cause more trouble than they're worth!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #89
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Stumble to the kitchen for your excedrin so that you can move...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #90
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I think they should remove all snooze buttons from alarm clocks... They cause more trouble than they're worth!
To be honest, I don't know where the snooze button is on my clock or was on the previous one. I don't learn its location on the purpose, I also place the alarm clock a bit away from me, so it is not easy to reach.
Also, I don't make it too loud, so I don't get headache when the radio is triggered.
Then....an understanding that if I ignore the alarm clock, I might loose the privilege to wake up at 06.20 5 times a week only and be forced to do it six or seven times per week and the days off might differ from my other half's...
That would be a tragedy...
astra is offline   Reply With Quote