Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #76
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Hoppfully, the firware will fix the "mobileread cybook board is no longer a nice place to be" bug as well.
That's not a bug, it's a feature.
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:45 AM   #77
infinidim
infinidim began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I am now going to "play nice"......

It's another week and we still haven't seen an update from Bookeen about the firmware for the Cybook Gen3...

Mine is now gathering dust in the corner crying out for new firmware....sad isn't it.

So what to do now....download Kindle for PC (FREE)...and get attached at the hip to Amazon....maybe.......ask Father Christmas for a new book reader that has working firmware : and has firmware that will be updated....maybe

Previously I said I would give them three months to sort out the issues with the new firmware....the clock is ticking....

Infinidim
infinidim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2009, 06:14 AM   #78
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinidim View Post

Mine is now gathering dust in the corner crying out for new firmware....sad isn't it.

Why is your Gen3 gathering dust ? Won't it allow you to read any books ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:40 AM   #79
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Why is your Gen3 gathering dust ? Won't it allow you to read any books ?
Mine is also gathering dust. Mostly because I have a lot of paper books to read but also that I noticed that I liked to read paper books better. I hope this is because of the lack of "page number" so I am hoping that an ePub update will enhance the reading experience for the Cybook for me.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:49 PM   #80
infinidim
infinidim began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I am in a similair situation to "Tompe"... lots of paper books...

I have also had a few issues with large PDF files on my Gen3 as well....basically it crashes...

Infinidim
infinidim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #81
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I don't use it much, because almost every time I want to read, I find I want to read something I don't have on it, and I end up reading it on a laptop, because I don't want to spend the time transferring it to the device.
I hope the day when I can have all my eBooks on it will come before it breaks...
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #82
Deneb
Groupie
Deneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it isDeneb knows what time it is

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
I don't use it much, because almost every time I want to read, I find I want to read something I don't have on it, and I end up reading it on a laptop, because I don't want to spend the time transferring it to the device.
I hope the day when I can have all my eBooks on it will come before it breaks...
Mine is gathering dust too more for that reason than the previous. It's so depressing to either have very few books of all I want to read in my reader or So many books I can't change books because there's too many library pages...
And they advertise for a 2go SD card...How dishonnest is that?
Luckily, I still have a lot of paper books to read
Deneb is offline   Reply With Quote