Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Cats vs Dogs: Which wins?
Cats 41 41.41%
Dogs 44 44.44%
The blue one next to the fish 14 14.14%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2009, 05:04 AM   #76
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
@kindlekitten Thank you! Sophie is a year and a half old who thinks she's still a puppy while Clark is just the sweetest dog I've ever had

@Slite That's one irresistible furball all right!
Was looking through some old pictures, and this one just makes me wanna get another one!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lillmacke.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	41212  
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #77
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
They do indeed! But Bernese rules even more!

There is just no way in hell you can resist this!
belly belly BELLY!!!!

Quote:
Was looking through some old pictures, and this one just makes me wanna get another one!
terminal kewtness!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #78
hamfitz
Enthusiast
hamfitz began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre, sony prs 650, nook
1) People who have dogs have issues and need to be validated.

2) Dogs have been domesticated far longer than cats.
hamfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:25 AM   #79
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamfitz View Post
1) People who have dogs have issues and need to be validated.
Oh yeah, it's totally impossible to have a dog because... umm.. well, you just like dogs

Quote:
2) Dogs have been domesticated far longer than cats.
Yes they have, and your point beeing?
Old 12-16-2009, 06:16 AM   #80
hamfitz
Enthusiast
hamfitz began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek libre, sony prs 650, nook
Quote:
Oh yeah, it's totally impossible to have a dog because... umm.. well, you just like dogs

Yes they have, and your point beeing?

My point is that dogs are more socially viable because they have been domesticated longer. This basically means they are favored in the media, politically, historically and also just generally in the public.

I forgot to add 3) Dogs smell.
hamfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 AM   #81
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
My point is that dogs are more socially viable because they have been domesticated longer. This basically means they are favored in the media, politically, historically and also just generally in the public.

And a litterbox doesnt?
Old 12-16-2009, 06:27 AM   #82
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:

I love dogs. But I also love cats. And what has media, politics and history have to with it anyway? I don't like to be told what I should like and what not.

Quote:
And a litterbox doesnt?
Litterbox? You don't have cats, do you? You should let cats do their business in the nextdoor neighbour 's garden...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:31 AM   #83
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Litterbox? You don't have cats, do you? You should let cats do their business in the nextdoor neighbour 's garden...
No, I don't have any cats

and trust me, no cat would ever dream of trying to relieve themselves in our garden. Goggies thinks kittehs make excellent squeaky toys
Old 12-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #84
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, I don't have any cats

and trust me, no cat would ever dream of trying to relieve themselves in our garden. Goggies thinks kittehs make excellent squeaky toys
Then they'll take the other side... Point is, you don't need a litterbox if you have a cat!

(having said that, mine love to use it when I just cleaned it and they're still cold from the outside air...)
Old 12-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #85
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Then they'll take the other side... Point is, you don't need a litterbox if you have a cat!

(having said that, mine love to use it when I just cleaned it and they're still cold from the outside air...)
Just small correction, you don't need one if your cat isn't an indoors cat Which is quite common here, especially in the city. People doesn't let their cats outside at all.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #86
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer

You think so?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5g...aining_animals
Old 12-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #87
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Sorry, can't watch videos at work
Old 12-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #88
The Big Kahuna
You keep using that word.
The Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enoughThe Big Kahuna will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
And cats aren't clean, they're just covered in cat spit.
The Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #89
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Kahuna View Post
1. Don't waste $ 300 on shoes

2. Look where you're walking

3. How exactly does stepping in dog shit "ruin" a pair of shoes ? For $ 300 I'd want a pair of shoes that could cope with a bit of shit

4. I totally agree with you. Dog owners who don't pick up after their dogs need shooting. Twice. Just to make sure they're dead.

5. I just remembered where I was when John Lennon was shot. Chasing Yoko Ono through Central Park, trying to reload.
1. It's not a waste for people who can afford $300 shoes. For poor people....then you are right.

2. Did you know that sometimes it is night? At night it is hard to see whether something is a leaf or dog crap.

3. Using your imagination....if you have an business or social engagement then it does ruin the shoes temporarily...and your day.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:22 AM   #90
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
NYC should have an additional 100% tax on dog care items and dog food....as an indirect deterrent to having a dog. Perhaps even higher real estate taxes for dog owners as well...
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote