Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 12:32 AM   #76
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...65c50c3729a5bb
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:15 AM   #77
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is something wierd going on.
I disconnected the second monitor. REBOOTED
Started Calibre
Attached my TAB2
Opened the Task Manager
Column heads: Job Status Progress Running_Time JOB

Only Job has info and I can't resize column widths

NB Same cols on 32 bit XP, same lack of resize
BUG
Not sure if this is related but when I started playing with the beta, I had some odd issues with the Job Manager where columns couldn't resize, running and start time did not show, etc.

I ended up (Windows 7 x64) uninstalling Calibre 1.203.1 and blowing away the user directories (calibre and calibre_cache). After the reinstall everything worked okay again. As I commented then, I hit the patient in the head with an axe and it got better.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2014, 01:22 AM   #78
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I have changed the name of the preference used to store the jobs dialog's column layout, which will take care of the problem of any stored stale data.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:44 AM   #79
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Well, I have changed the name of the preference used to store the jobs dialog's column layout, which will take care of the problem of any stored stale data.
Thanks. Was there a small hack I could do to get status and progress back without wiping all the other settings? ( I assume the stale data is in hiding somewhere in the config folder)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:00 AM   #80
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

It is in gui.json, look for "jobs view column layout2"
Advert
Old 08-13-2014, 09:49 AM   #81
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
It is in gui.json, look for "jobs view column layout2"
Thanks,
I had peeked there before, obviously, I did not know what I was really doing
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #82
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I use AutoKey program for automating certain tasks.
One example is searching for author in Calibre in such a way that it doesn't matter whether I have firstname lastname or lastname, firstname.

Program that is run when I press F2 in my AutoKey is:
Code:
#### Beginning of the Script for F2 hotkey ####
import re

contents = clipboard.get_clipboard()

# re.sub(pattern, repl, string, count=0, flags=0)
output = re.sub(r'([^ ,]*),? (.*)', r'authors:"\1" and authors:"\2"', contents)

keyboard.send_keys(output)
#### End of the Script for F2 hotkey ####
It works in a simple way:
I find somewhere (Calibre itself, or Internet or any text) name of the author, I copy the name such as:
Hugo, Victor
to the clipboard, then I go to Calibre, position cursor to the Search bar and press F2. I get the following
authors:"Hugo" and authors:"Victor"
Well, I *used* to get that. In Beta when I use this script, I get
authors.;hugo; and authors.;victor;
In any other program where I can enter text this works OK.

My system:
Spoiler:

kacir@Petra:~ > calibre-debug -g
calibre 1.205 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Linux-3.11.0-12-generic-x86_64-with-debian-wheezy-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.11.0-12-generic', '#19-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 9 16:20:46 UTC 2013')
Python 2.7.8
Linux: ('debian', 'wheezy/sid', '')

I can (and probably will) find a workaround by extending my script from four lines to eight ;-), but this behavior might indicate some problem.

I used to have this tiny hack built into Calibre as modification to the "find similar books" function, and I have even tried to persuade you to put it into main trunk.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:42 PM   #83
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

keyboard handling is done entirely by Qt, no calibre code involved, not much I can do about it.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #84
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I use AutoKey program for automating certain tasks.
One example is searching for author in Calibre in such a way that it doesn't matter whether I have firstname lastname or lastname, firstname.
@kacir - there's a plug-in that does something like that ==>> [GUI Plugin] Clipboard Search

I did a few tests on the Qt5'd version the other day on Windows 7, under calibre 1.48 64-bit & calibre 1.205 portable, seems to work as advertised. The Qt5d version is released, so you can install via Prefs->Plug-ins->Get New.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:48 AM   #85
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wow, I missed this thread although I had noticed that I could not run from source since last weekend..., (well, I could because I kept my version old enough, not merged with the tracking master branch). Some message about Qt5whatever missing...

Quote:
Just a heads up for people running from source. I have now merged the qt5 branch into master. This means that if you want to run from source, you have to use the beta version of calibre.
There's something strange here. I've installed the beta version, I've updated my source and now I cannot run from source because PyQt4 is missing...

I upload three screenshots:
  • The Qt4 error Calibre gives on launch.
  • A snapshot of Git GUI. So you can see the version I'm using. (Remember my changes are irrelevant about this issue, they're just about how non-linear items are managed/displayed).
  • A screenshot of dnGREP running through calibre source. In fact, there seem to be a lot of "PyQt4" in the code.

Am I doing something wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Git updated.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	514.5 KB
ID:	126811   Click image for larger version

Name:	dnGrep gets a lot of PyQt4.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	296.8 KB
ID:	126812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qt4 Error.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	126813  

Last edited by arspr; 08-14-2014 at 02:51 AM.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:56 AM   #86
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
Am I doing something wrong?
This happened to me as well. The problem is that the generated user interface files are not regenerated. Recursively delete all *_ui.py files and you will be fine.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 03:28 AM   #87
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This happened to me as well. The problem is that the generated user interface files are not regenerated. Recursively delete all *_ui.py files and you will be fine.
Solved

Nevertheless, with the transition, if this is going to automatically happen I suppose you should add a clear warning in the manual, release notes or wherever, about this issue. Or possibly a lot of noobs, like myself, are going to ask the same question.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #88
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm using the portable beta on Windows 7, and when I open Preferences the window is tiny and can't be manually resized, I had to use the Maximize button to see all the preferences.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 05:18 AM   #89
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Strange the preferences window is fully resizable for me on windows 7
Old 08-14-2014, 05:20 AM   #90
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Strange the preferences window is fully resizable for me on windows 7
Ok, just tried again, and indeed it is resizable now, not sure what happened before.

Also not sure why it open so tiny in the first instance, but all good now.
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote