Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2015, 10:26 AM   #76
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksiflhjla8 View Post
Again: if the page height is smaller than the previous, it will scale up the difference (total complete nonsense) so the page will not fit the screen!
Can you point to a sample PDF? I think everything I have has the same size page. As I said, the couple I tried with a mix of landscape and portrait seem to be working OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #77
ksiflhjla8
Connoisseur
ksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blueksiflhjla8 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
No these are self made pdfs. The pages have the same width. I can read them anywhere with every pdf reader I know of. When I would print them the printer also wouldn't scale them by page height. It is just a nonsense idea to scale every page by itself. Your landscape and portrait pages are rotated, so this is something completely different.
ksiflhjla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #78
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Again, please post a sample PDF (or screenshots or something), because I don't follow you.

I mean, either there is something else I'm missing or I just cannot understand why you prefer 3.12 with PDFs which include different page sizes.

Yes, zoom support when changing between different sized pages is weird in 3.13.1 (and I suppose in 3.15). But at least it works... Why do you prefer a broken renderer?
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #79
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
Hi !
It seems epubs are now correctly hyphenated. In 3.12.1 words were incorrectly cut when trailing punctuation. In 3.15.1, it seems right.
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 02:43 PM   #80
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
Hi !
It seems epubs are now correctly hyphenated. In 3.12.1 words were incorrectly cut when trailing punctuation. In 3.15.1, it seems right.
The RMSDK had a minor update, and going by this list there should be three bug fixes related to hyphenation:
  • 36756: Fix hyphenation issue when words are mixed case.
  • 36766: Fixed issue with lines that start with an indent not being hyphenated.
  • 36767: Fixed hyphenation issue with non-English text, caused by wrong lhmin and rhmin values calculating for UTF-8 multibyte characters.

I think the third item relates to trailing UTF-8 punctualtion such as curly-quotes in English text too.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2015, 02:51 PM   #81
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Does anyone know if there is a problem with Calibre 2.26? It won't connect to my H20 anymore. Is this because I've moved to 3.15?
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #82
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a problem with Calibre 2.26? It won't connect to my H20 anymore. Is this because I've moved to 3.15?
Calibre 2.26 connects okay to my Glo with 3.15.0.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:04 PM   #83
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Calibre 2.26 connects okay to my Glo with 3.15.0.
Did it load drivers on your laptop the first time you connected?

I've updated the Kobo Utilities plug in as well. I wonder if thats anything to do with it.

Last edited by Josieb1; 04-30-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #84
GeoffR
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Did it load drivers on your laptop the first time you connected?
No, but I'm running Linux on my laptop.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #85
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
No, but I'm running Linux on my laptop.
I'm on windows 7 and Calibre definately doesn't recognise my kobo anymore, its a bit of a bummer
Old 04-30-2015, 03:18 PM   #86
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I stand corrected I closed Calibre and opened it up again and now it connects

No idea what happened or why just grateful it works

Last edited by Josieb1; 04-30-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:05 PM   #87
bearymore
Zealot
bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'bearymore can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Aura One
I now can access reading statistics while reading for epub.kepubs produced by the Calibre plugin from epubs. If I'm not mistaken, this was only available for real kepubs bought from Kobo prior to this release. I have an Aura HD.
bearymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:18 PM   #88
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymore View Post
I now can access reading statistics while reading for epub.kepubs produced by the Calibre plugin from epubs. If I'm not mistaken, this was only available for real kepubs bought from Kobo prior to this release. I have an Aura HD.
That feature was reintroduced (it existed in older FWs) in 3.13.1
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:19 PM   #89
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
I now notice hyphenation on calibre generated kePubs with full justification turned on on the reader. I'm pretty sure the hyphenation did not exist with the same settings in the 3.13.1 firmware I was on earlier.

Also, I exited one book and then opened another book I was already reading that had a different font and margin selected. On turning the page on this second book, the font and margin settings changed automatically to that of the book I had exited previously.

I will see if I can replicate this behaviour on a consistent basis.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #90
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by howyoudoin View Post
I now notice hyphenation on calibre generated kePubs with full justification turned on on the reader. I'm pretty sure the hyphenation did not exist with the same settings in the 3.13.1 firmware I was on earlier.
I'm using 3.13.1 firmware and have hyphenation with full justification in calibre generated kePubs. It's far from perfect though. Words will be split incorrectly. (circumst-ances fore example).
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote