Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The post by Kovid above yours is for a patch to workaround the issue. It'll be in the next release of calibre unless you are running from source in which case you could update now.
But if you run an old version of Windows such as Windows 7 and Calibre 3.48, you'll need to upgrade to Windows 10 to run Calibre 4.17 that has this fix for Amazon's stupidity.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:59 PM   #77
Fivepoints
Fivepoints began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormdog View Post
Hi guys, am facing the same problem, even after getting 4.17 update.
Kindle Oasis 9th gen, on 5.12.5 build 3617300042. I have two books that go blank when connected to Wifi.
They're both ePubs converted to AZW3.
I am getting the same issue. Converted EPub to AZW3, connected using 4.17 and lose my covers immediately. Reconnected and resent the books, and covers disappear as soon as wifi connects

Am I doing something wrong?
Fivepoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2020, 01:08 PM   #78
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepoints View Post
I am getting the same issue. Converted EPub to AZW3, connected using 4.17 and lose my covers immediately. Reconnected and resent the books, and covers disappear as soon as wifi connects

Yes, dont resend, just reconnect.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #79
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepoints View Post

Strangely it only works for some covers for me. I tried several times yesterday when other forum members had reported success but all the covers still disappeared. I re-sent a few today and some of their covers are staying and some are still disappearing.

Last edited by Illyria; 05-24-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #80
Fivepoints
Fivepoints began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes, dont resend, just reconnect.
That seems to have done the trick! Thank you and much belated thanks for a wonderful program!!!!
Fivepoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2020, 06:44 PM   #81
zaqxsw
Connoisseur
zaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 - Gen 11
I used Calibre 4.17 today for the first time to process three eBooks. One of them lost it's cover and indeed, Calibre replaced it when I reconnected.

Thank you very much for this update!!!

By coincidence, v4.17 was installed on a brand new laptop, so it was a clean installation. I had created a .docx previously that shows me all of my options choices to setup Calibre like I'm used to. When I converted the three eBooks, both the eBook folder, and the .awz3 file were put into a new folder in Kindle Documents that just had the author's name.

The behavior I'm used to from several years of using Calibre is that it just puts the eBook folder and the .awz3 file right in the Kindle Documents folder, not together in a sub-folder.

Is this just some option that I missed in my setup, or is it a new v4.17 program behavior? Thanks for any replies!

Last edited by zaqxsw; 05-30-2020 at 08:37 PM.
zaqxsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:02 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Keep WiFi off unless you really need it.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:45 PM   #83
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You control what folder structure calibre creates via the template in Preferences->Sending to device. And if you want to move calibre to a new computer with all setting intact, use this: https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...ter-to-another
Old 05-31-2020, 06:46 AM   #84
zaqxsw
Connoisseur
zaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheesezaqxsw can extract oil from cheese

Thanks!

That is very good to know. Unfortunately, I have already wiped the old system and did a clean install of Windows 10 on it in preparation of giving it away.

I’m not sure I completely understand the template formatting. Would it be possible to get the what formatting string I need to:

1) Install the .awz3 file in the root of Documents. I don’t care about the name as I think I can figure that formatting out. It could just be “title”.

2) Install the same eBook “folder” in the root of Documents with the same name as the .awz3 file.

I apologize for asking, but I did spend some time trying to do it myself and I’m just missing something.

Thanks again!

Last edited by zaqxsw; 05-31-2020 at 06:52 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:03 AM   #85
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

as long as you have the library folder from before all you need to do is point calibre at it.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:59 PM   #86
zaqxsw
Connoisseur

I figured it out. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:41 PM   #87
pinopyta
pinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverpinopyta exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Oasis
Thank you so much for fixing this! Adding the books in Calibre and reconnecting the device worked.
Also contacted kindle support about this.
pinopyta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 08:22 AM   #88
Mich06
Mich06 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 32 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinopyta View Post
Thank you so much for fixing this! Adding the books in Calibre and reconnecting the device worked.
Also contacted kindle support about this.
I wonder what they'll say... "We want you to buy Amazon e-books, so we work hard to provide you a worse and worse Kindle experience with your personal ebooks downloads" ? Customer satisfaction rules !
Mich06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:09 PM   #89
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Since the most recent update, I can not get covers to show up on most sideloaded ebooks or on new audible purchases. Really gets under my skin
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 04:57 PM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
Since the most recent update, I can not get covers to show up on most sideloaded ebooks or on new audible purchases. Really gets under my skin
Turn off WiFi. Side load some eBooks using Calibre. You should see the covers of the eBooks you last side loaded. The problem is that The Kindle is trying to download covers but the ASIN for the eBooks is wrong or non-existent. You would have to edit each book and make sure the ASIN matched for the cover download to work.

I don't know if the cover download is random with WiFi on or it does it when you connect to Amazon with the Kindle.