Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-14-2015, 07:01 PM   #766
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Congrats on the second Echo Wodin. I tried to convince other family members that they needed an Echo back when I had a SECOND invitation to get a second Echo. They all peevishly told me that they weren't interested. Now 2 of them want it and it's $200. Those who drag their heels.....

I mostly use my Echo for alarms, the weather, the time and audiobooks, but love the map information especially when reading historical fiction. I.e. ask Alexa 'where is Turin?' Ask where your town/city is?

Last edited by Tarana; 08-14-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 07:26 PM   #767
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I've yet to use mine. Not even sure where it is.
I use mine so I don't have to yell at Alexa when changing songs. Quite handy.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2015, 07:31 PM   #768
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
Congrats on the second Echo Wodin. I tried to convince other family members that they needed an Echo back when I had a SECOND invitation to get a second Echo. They all peevishly told me that they weren't interested. Now 2 of them want it and it's $200. Those who drag their heels.....

I mostly use my Echo for alarms, the weather, the time and audiobooks, but love the map information especially when reading historical fiction. I.e. ask Alexa 'where is Turin?' Ask where your town/city is?
You got a second invite?

I would've jumped on a 2nd Echo at $99. No way am I paying $200 for one.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #769
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

New features added to the Echo and a name change for the app. See this thread in the Lounge for details - Amazon Echo Club.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:37 PM   #770
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
New features added to the Echo and a name change for the app. See this thread in the Lounge for details - Amazon Echo Club.
Samsung jumped at the Alexa Skills APIs:

http://www.aftvnews.com/new-alexa-li...n-amazon-echo/
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2015, 05:42 PM   #771
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Samsung jumped at the Alexa Skills APIs:

http://www.aftvnews.com/new-alexa-li...n-amazon-echo/
Ooooh, awesome! I haven't jumped into the HA side of Alexa yet, but I'm going to, and I love that more and more systems are being supported. The more, the merrier!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #772
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

I have no desire to use Alexa for home automation.

Still waiting for Netflix support
Old 08-21-2015, 09:21 PM   #773
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I have no desire to use Alexa for home automation.

Still waiting for Netflix support
I'd bet good money that Netflix, or at least Firestick support (which includes a Netflix option), is in the pipeline.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 10:33 PM   #774
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

More features added to Echo:
  • Control new connected home devices with SmartThings
  • Review events from shared Google calendars
Old 08-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #775
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
I was reading on the lanai last night when I heard Susie yelling in the bedroom, but couldn't hear what she was yelling about. Curious, I went through the house to the bedroom and asked her what she wanted.

A bit embarrassed, she said she was trying to ask Alexa to turn off my bedside lamp, but was confused about her name. She said "Erica"... ERICA... Erica... "ERICA"... And Erica wouldn't answer.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #776
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I was reading on the lanai last night when I heard Susie yelling in the bedroom, but couldn't hear what she was yelling about. Curious, I went through the house to the bedroom and asked her what she wanted.

A bit embarrassed, she said she was trying to ask Alexa to turn off my bedside lamp, but was confused about her name. She said "Erica"... ERICA... Erica... "ERICA"... And Erica wouldn't answer.
Been listening to the weather reports about the storm maybe?
Old 08-28-2015, 03:23 PM   #777
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Prolly, but our storm is Ignacio, followed closely by Jimena!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:33 PM   #778
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I'm still waiting for the first story where someone calls their significant other "Alexa" by mistake. I've already done it to my roommate, but he didn't notice because Alexa answered the question I was trying to ask him and I never said a thing about it.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:31 PM   #779
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Prolly, but our storm is Ignacio, followed closely by Jimena!
Uh. Not good.
Hope they miss.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:21 PM   #780
wodin
Illiterate

Yea, it looks to be a near miss to the north, but they're both a few days out yet and anything can happen.