Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #61
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2001 View Post

E-textbooks will be useful if you are in class and can't lug around all your textbooks. But if you are home and working on things, you will always tend to go for a regular textbook rather than a digital one.
Or as touch screen computers mature, you could have several ebooks open (or even just highlight sections of each book) on the screen at one time and easily jump from page to page in each.

This is a test which is necessary in order progress into something more usable. Just because it doesn't work now doesn't mean it won't ever work.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #62
juj1n
Connoisseur
juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Lots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I just got another one. And since it was refurbished (not second hand), it came with the 1 year warranty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
An opinion concerning the 700 is one thing, but a plainly wrong declarative statement such as this is just nonsense.

The sidle lighting (and the touch interface) was the main reason I purchased the 700 and the reason I still use it rather than my 505.
^ I can understand that there are some people that go against the grain but the overwhelmingly large consensus was the side lighting was a flawed feature in the 700 and the space between the two screens made it more susceptible to dust and dulled contrast. Sony listened to the 'majority' complaints of many 700 users and removed it. As for the kindle 1 the same applies. The majority don't like the kindle 1 but there are still people that stand by it. Nothing wrong with that of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Or as touch screen computers mature, you could have several ebooks open (or even just highlight sections of each book) on the screen at one time and easily jump from page to page in each.

This is a test which is necessary in order progress into something more usable. Just because it doesn't work now doesn't mean it won't ever work.
Very true... the technology is still evolving. As of right now it isn't really a viable option but I have no doubts in the future e textbooks will be popping up everywhere. It's almost bound to happen with the way e readers and computers are progressing.

Last edited by juj1n; 09-29-2009 at 08:23 PM.
juj1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #63
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
They will.. eventually. They are definitely not ignoring the progress of other competing devices. They are a little slow with adding some features though, however, we did receive the DX earlier than expected.

It's all good, marketplace competition will ensure fast development of these devices overall.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote