Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-03-2008, 06:37 PM   #61
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemikal View Post
Order #70

fingers crossed we don't have to wait too long. Going to tell some friends to buy from naebllc too.

Please do. However, despite my aversion to getting out of my house and making a trip to the bank , we now *LOVE* checks for a while.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:03 AM   #62
jlrjd
jlrjd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
How many UNITS ordered so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Yes. Right now we're at 59+ REAL orders - not the 77-79 I thought we had. We had about 20 'test' orders we had to run through our system. ...
Derek
While there are not as many ordered as you thought, does that "59+" account for multiple units purchased in individual orders. For example, I bought two (2) for which I have one (1) order number.

My check has cleared, so I am hoping selfishly that I will be one of those lucky individuals to have my order fulfilled sooner rather than later.
jlrjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2008, 01:43 AM   #63
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrjd View Post
While there are not as many ordered as you thought, does that "59+" account for multiple units purchased in individual orders. For example, I bought two (2) for which I have one (1) order number.

My check has cleared, so I am hoping selfishly that I will be one of those lucky individuals to have my order fulfilled sooner rather than later.
YesNo?!? Yes, your check has cleared and as soon as possible we'll be shipping to you - presuming we get the units released from Bookeen 'soonest'. No, we're not counting your order as two units but as one order. (Or is that supposed to be 'yes'. Okay, now I'm officially confused. Color me tired.)

Derek
Old 01-04-2008, 02:08 AM   #64
kemikal
kemikal began at the beginning.

Device: cybook3
Haaaa Haaaa, (in best Phil Ken Sebben laugh)... confused!

I too am more confused now, via the email the forum just sent me someone else is also order #70... so too am I.

____ Urgent Update____ I'm an idiot, the other #70 was the /quote... there is only one #70 I swear.

Last edited by kemikal; 01-04-2008 at 02:11 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot
kemikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:57 AM   #65
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Yes your order counts for 2 Cybooks. That is another reason the shop order number is different from the actual number of units sold.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrjd View Post

penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #66
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Can both of you please email your real names to shop@naebllc.com please. There should not be duplicate order numbers unless I made a mistake somewhere. It won't effect either of you but I'd like to get it figured out.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemikal View Post
Haaaa Haaaa, (in best Phil Ken Sebben laugh)... confused!

I too am more confused now, via the email the forum just sent me someone else is also order #70... so too am I.

____ Urgent Update____ I'm an idiot, the other #70 was the /quote... there is only one #70 I swear.
penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #67
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Are the numbers going up ?????

Every day I am going on the NAEB web site hoping to see a counter with the number of orders already in. So far my wish has not been granted! I am #60 with a credit card purchase. I am still hoping to have some news soon. I have already bought quite a few Mobipocket bestsellers. I am very anxious to read them on my cybook instead of my laptop...

Please NAEB keep us in the loop!
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #68
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
According to the latest eMail from NAEB:

Code:
The seller has provided the following Shipment Tracking Information for your review:

Shipping Company: Shipping in 30 days as noted to the customer
Shipment Tracking Number: 005

The seller has provided the following Order Status information for your review:

Order Status: Shipped
This is telling me that I should be getting it in a little over 30 days.
OMG! You are buying a device that supports a closed format with DRM. I think you need help and FAST!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:53 AM   #69
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
OMG! You are buying a device that supports a closed format with DRM. I think you need help and FAST!
Huh?

According to the site "The Cybook can read .txt, .rtf, HTML, nonprotected PalmDoc and nonencrypted PDFs".

What closed, proprietary format (other than PDF) are you talking about?
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #70
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Huh?

According to the site "The Cybook can read .txt, .rtf, HTML, nonprotected PalmDoc and nonencrypted PDFs".

What closed, proprietary format (other than PDF) are you talking about?
DRM laden Mobipocket format which without, the Gen3 would tank.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:29 AM   #71
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeorges View Post
Are the numbers going up ?????

Every day I am going on the NAEB web site hoping to see a counter with the number of orders already in. So far my wish has not been granted! I am #60 with a credit card purchase. I am still hoping to have some news soon. I have already bought quite a few Mobipocket bestsellers. I am very anxious to read them on my cybook instead of my laptop...

Please NAEB keep us in the loop!
TTBOMK, the current number of orders placed is at 76-77, but it keeps leaping up there. So we'll be placing our order quite soon!

Derek
Old 01-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #72
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
DRM laden Mobipocket format which without, the Gen3 would tank.
That's the Gen3, not the Baen system that I ordered.

And Mobipocket isn't DRM laden. It's simply closed and proprietary.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #73
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
That's the Gen3, not the Baen system that I ordered.
You seem to be a little confused. It is the Gen3 that NAEB (not Baen!) are selling.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:15 AM   #74
rlauzon
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You seem to be a little confused. It is the Gen3 that NAEB (not Baen!) are selling.
My understanding was that we were getting the Gen3 hardware, but with different firmware which supports more open formats.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #75
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No. That was the idea originally (I think the original spec may still be on the NAEB web site, in fact - it talks about the machine being white rather than black), but apparently the costs of a "custom" machine would have been prohibitive. What you'll get from NAEB is a compeletely standard Gen3; the same as you'd get if you ordered from Bookeen directly.

You've made a good choice - I've had my Gen3 for two and a half months now, and am very pleased indeed with it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote