Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-29-2015, 09:22 AM   #721
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Error window should contain full path to broken file.

Could you upload that broken file somewhere and send me link in PM?

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-29-2015 at 09:25 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:50 AM   #722
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Already deleted it, but only thing the window said anywhere was line numbers and main folder. I am on OS X.

But I reproduced the problem after checking if I have the last version. This is the error I get:

As you can see, it only gives out the main folder, not the hundreds of chapters inside it. So, the full path of the corrupted file is missing. If there are multiple chapters inside the main folder, you will face quite a chore to find the broken file.

What I did was corrupting a file by deleting first three lines with Vim and putting it inside a 100 chapter manga. But even if I prepare only two chapters, problem remains.

Last edited by GERGE; 07-29-2015 at 10:00 AM.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-29-2015, 01:20 PM   #723
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well. This is completely unexpected error. Something failing before proper window with corrupted file path appear.

I will check it out.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:03 AM   #724
hokagetonton
hokagetonton began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4nt, kindle touch
KCC crashes everytime i open it windows 7

every time i open kcc it kills the process before even opening up a screen
i have tried
-messing with compatibility modes
-turning off windows firewall
-restarting the computer
-reinstalled it
-messing with the microsoft visual c++ stuff
This program has worked for me in the past hopefully i can get it to work and would be very much appreciative if anyone could provide some help
i know i could run this through a python console but i use this program frequently
hokagetonton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 06:06 AM   #725
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

If no error screen is displayed it is hard to provide any meaningful support.

It was working and just.. stopped?
Advert
Old 07-30-2015, 06:08 AM   #726
hokagetonton

no i have been using a different computer for a while but i can't anymore so have switched back to this one. and i probably haven't used kcc on it in a long while, it stopped working after i got the latest update
Old 07-30-2015, 06:13 AM   #727
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I will check newest build on Windows 7 when I will have moment.

But I'm quite sure that if Windows 7 support was broken by newest release I would heard about it already.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:14 AM   #728
hokagetonton

okay thanks a lot
Old 07-30-2015, 01:13 PM   #729
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Well. It work correctly on freshly installed Windows 7.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:05 AM   #730
hokagetonton

okay thanks for the effort can you send me a copy of the windows binary for comic converter 3.x then
Old 08-04-2015, 03:48 AM   #731
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@hokagetonton - I don't provide so old versions.

@GERGE - Found the cause. It will be fixed in next release.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:16 PM   #732
andydick
andydick began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch,& pw3
I got a quick question regarding usage. Do mobi files created with this support the swiping up/down gestures to navigate chapters like an ebook? One time I created a manga and swiping up worked, but down always took me to the very beginning. Another time I made one, swiping in either direction took me to the beginning. Thanks!
andydick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:47 PM   #733
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

AFAIK no.
Old 08-17-2015, 09:20 AM   #734
m0rdant
m0rdant began at the beginning.

Device: Jetbook Color
Just gave this a try and it seems to work really well. I have Cybook Ocean and used the custom output settings to create a cbz file I then converted to PDF with Calibre. Any chance that direct creation of PDF files could be added? I'd happily donate towards that.
m0rdant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:59 AM   #735
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm not planning to implement this feature.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools