Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-11-2014, 07:45 PM   #721
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Hey, I'm working on that!

(And seriously, I'm about to lock that Kepub-cleaner module down. If anything's wrong, I need to know now.)
Quote:
It's a bit more prolific, at least to my eye...which is why I'm working on an extension to the "Modify EPUB" plugin that removes that gunk. I thought I had the mods locked down, but a bug report came in yesterday that I need to address.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this!!

For some reason or other I've been a bit reluctant to use obok ... but I'll definitely use your version.

Do you intend it to be available as a Calibre Plug in or via Alf?

And to keep this post on topic .... I currently only use Sony PC for Reader to import my epubs and never have to bother using the ADE program at all. Of course that won't be much use if only epub3's begin to be delivered.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #722
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is a line from an Overdrive ASCM file...<operatorURL>http://acsepub.contentreserve.com/fulfillment</operatorURL>

The URL you want is http://acsepub.contentreserve.com/fu...nt/statuscheck. So all you do is take the server URL and tack on /statuscheck to make the URL you want.
This isn't working with a book from Google http://books.google.com/books/acs4/f...t/statuscheck/ just takes me to Google books. Since it has acs4 in the url I would think it's CS4 and not CS5, but who knows.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #723
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
This isn't working with a book from Google http://books.google.com/books/acs4/f...t/statuscheck/ just takes me to Google books. Since it has acs4 in the url I would think it's CS4 and not CS5, but who knows.
Please post the ACSM file and I'll have a look and see if I can find the correct URL.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #724
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this!!

For some reason or other I've been a bit reluctant to use obok ... but I'll definitely use your version.

And to keep this post on topic .... I currently only use Sony PC for Reader to import my epubs and never have to bother using the ADE program at all. Of course that won't be much use if only epub3's begin to be delivered.
It is an update to the Modify Epub PI, and has nothing to do with DRM whatsoever.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #725
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Please post the ACSM file and I'll have a look and see if I can find the correct URL.
here it is as a txt file - I tried to attach the ascm and got a msg that it was invalid
The_5th_Wave-epub.txt
Advert
Old 06-11-2014, 09:25 PM   #726
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
The URL you tried was correct it's just not available for unauthorised access. (I get a 401 error when I try with wget).

However if you're trying to confirm they're using ACS4 then I believe they are. Firstly due to acs4 in the URL as you said, secondly see here.

HTH
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:30 PM   #727
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
The URL you tried was correct it's just not available for unauthorised access. (I get a 401 error when I try with wget).

However if you're trying to confirm they're using ACS4 then I believe they are. Firstly due to acs4 in the URL as you said, secondly see here.

HTH
thanks
Old 06-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #728
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post

You misunderstand, I fear. I'm adding two modules to the existing "Modify EPUB" Calibre plugin - one to strip out empty SPAN elements and do similar cleanup, and another to clean up the excess code left behind after DRM is removed from a kepub.

In other words, I'm doing post-removal code cleanup, not actual DRM removal. This is more akin to removing the META tags that ADEPT leaves behind, except that the K-DRM's traces are a lot more pervasive.
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #729
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
here it is as a txt file - I tried to attach the ascm and got a msg that it was invalid
Attachment 124002
Seems like Google disabled the stats from the server.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:44 AM   #730
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
It's a bit more prolific, at least to my eye...which is why I'm working on an extension to the "Modify EPUB" plugin that removes that gunk. I thought I had the mods locked down, but a bug report came in yesterday that I need to address.
Perhaps you should team up with jgoquen; in his KoboTouchExtended and Kepub Output plugins he's doing the reverse...
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:02 AM   #731
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Perhaps you should team up with jgoquen; in his KoboTouchExtended and Kepub Output plugins he's doing the reverse...
But, Modify ePub is the best place for Rev. Bob's code.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:35 AM   #732
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
But, Modify ePub is the best place for Rev. Bob's code.
Sure. I was only joking.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:18 AM   #733
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
Kobo

From what I understand Kobo just went ADE 3.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #734
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
You mean ACS 5? (ADE is what books are read/downloaded with, ACS is what they're downloaded from and what applies the DRM)

Not sure, but according to the status check URL for Kobo they're still using ACS 4.0.3
http://acs4.shortcovers.com:8080/ful...t/statuscheck/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:41 AM   #735
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seacity1 View Post
Sources?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote