Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #646
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Both of these have been free before, but it's been a while.

1,001 Best Grilling Recipes: Delicious, Easy-to-Make Recipes from Around the World by Rick Browne
Barnes & Noble Amazon

Gluten-Free 101: Master Gluten-Free Cooking with 101 Great Recipes by Perrin Davis
Barnes & Noble Amazon
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #647
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Both of these have been free before, but it's been a while.

1,001 Best Grilling Recipes: Delicious, Easy-to-Make Recipes from Around the World by Rick Browne
Barnes & Noble Amazon

Gluten-Free 101: Master Gluten-Free Cooking with 101 Great Recipes by Perrin Davis
Barnes & Noble Amazon
thought I had the first one, but it was a different book with similar cover.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2014, 09:36 PM   #648
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free @ Amazon

Cheesecake Incredible by Michael Paquette, Annie Le
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TYGYEQ/

Herbal Remedies: The Complete Guide: Herb, Spices and Oils to Help Cure and Prevent Sickness and Illness. And add some Pep in Your Step Behind Closed Doors ... Healthy, Fight Disease, and Cure Illness) by Marie Wu, Herbal Remedies
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K08UA02/

The Best Secrets of Natural Remedies: The Ultimate Guide to Natural Remedies to Prevent and Cure Illnesses, Cold and Flu for Your Family (Natural Remedies, ... Coconut Oils, Healing, Beauty, Health) by Lindsey P, Natural Remedies, Natural Products, Herbal Remedies
http://www.amazon.com/The-Best-Secre...dp/B00JNDCOCM/
Old 05-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #649
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
The "Southern Living Heirloom Recipe Cookbook" is today's Daily Deal at Amazon US for $1.99. Anyone interested in Southern regional cuisine should consider it. It's got a lot of great recipes, all kitchen tested by the editors.

There's a note on the product page saying that "Due to technical issues, Southern Living Heirloom Recipe Cookbook should only be viewed on the Kindle Fire at this time." However, I bought and added it to my Calibre library using the Alf plug-ins and it opens and displays fine in Calibre, with the added benefit that I'm able to copy and save or print out individual recipes.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1000677541
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #650
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscarbo View Post
The "Southern Living Heirloom Recipe Cookbook" is today's Daily Deal at Amazon US for $1.99. Anyone interested in Southern regional cuisine should consider it. It's got a lot of great recipes, all kitchen tested by the editors.

There's a note on the product page saying that "Due to technical issues, Southern Living Heirloom Recipe Cookbook should only be viewed on the Kindle Fire at this time." However, I bought and added it to my Calibre library using the Alf plug-ins and it opens and displays fine in Calibre, with the added benefit that I'm able to copy and save or print out individual recipes.

Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...d_i=1000677541
Good find. Thanks. I've downloaded it.

I thought that other MRs might want to know . . . . if you purchase the book, the only option that you will have is to send it to a Kindle. On my computer Kindle for PC was grayed out; so was (I was surprised to find out) the Amazon Cloud Reader. IMO, putting it kindly, Southern Living has some work to do before they can play with the big boys in Amazon ebook publishing.

As far as the content of the book is concerned, the recipes looked interesting--that is the reason that I bought it. However, I've lived in the South and Deep South all of my life and I can tell you that many, maybe most, of the recipes are not traditional Southern recipes. I just wanted to warn you in case you want to cook something from the book for a friend from the South or your visiting mother-in-law from the South or some other Southerner. Just scanning through the recipes . . . there's a sangria--that's Mexican. Oysters Rockefeller--from up North somewhere, for sure. Chicken Kiev--Ukrainian. Bourbon bonbons--French. Beef Fillets au Vin--French again. Beef Wellington--probably British. Cheese Fondue--Swedish. There are many more, but maybe that's enough to give you the idea. Having said that, I see many recipes that are definitely Southern and that I'm anxious to explore.

Please don't take anything that I've said in the previous paragraph as criticism of the book! There is a reason that this book has 4 1/2 stars from 38 reviews (at the present moment). This is only an attempt to help potential purchasers make a decision about buying the book--they shouldn't buy the book thinking that it is a book of mainly Southern dishes.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 05-09-2014 at 07:04 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #651
gabby98
Wizard

i also found (though I didn't actually purchase it) it said I could send it to my Android, so that may be helpful to MRs with devices, but not actual Kindles
Old 05-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #652
gabby98
Wizard

may be a few repeats

SOUTH MOUTH BBQ RECIPES: Food so good that if you put it on top of your head, your tongue will beat your brains out tryin' to get to itby Cooter Brown
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JPQP7TO

50 Vegetarian Casserole Recipes - The Vegetarian Casserole Cookbook (Vegetarian Cookbook and Vegetarian Recipes Collection)by Pamela Kazmierczak
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ASPKQSS/

15 Minute Vegan Cookbook: Amazing Meals for Busy People in 15 Minutes or Lessby Mary E Edwards
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JBMYA7W/

Incredibly Delicious Salad Recipes from the Mediterranean Region (Healthy Cookbook Series)by Vesela Tabakova
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B0W4L1Q/

Flat Breads and Pizza (Delicious Recipes) - Kindle edition by June Kessler. Cookbooks, Food & Wine Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BJRCHQ8/

Pizza Pie in the Sky: A Complete Guide to Pizzaby Cooking Penguin
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008C040KG

32 No Bake Pie Recipes - The Ultimate No Bake Pie Collection (Dangerously Delicious Pies - The Best Pie Recipe Cookbook Series)by Pamela Kazmierczak
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATELFHO/

100 Years of Cocktails: History and Recipesby H.L. Holbrough
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00737DNL6/
Old 05-10-2014, 12:04 AM   #653
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
may be a few repeats
. . . .
I didn't have two or three of those. Thanks for posting them.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:41 AM   #654
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
wow, gabby98 - thanks for another really great batch of recipe books
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #655
GA Russell
Opening Day June 6
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Cut the Chemicals Cookbook, 2014 - free
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G48HI9S/...I1HEXGBLKFLUP3
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #656
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I thought that other MRs might want to know . . . . if you purchase the book, the only option that you will have is to send it to a Kindle. On my computer Kindle for PC was grayed out; so was (I was surprised to find out) the Amazon Cloud Reader. IMO, putting it kindly, Southern Living has some work to do before they can play with the big boys in Amazon ebook publishing.
can also be downloaded (for a Kindle) and sent to iPad. On the latter, the search doesn't work and the TOC isn't live.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #657
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
can also be downloaded (for a Kindle) and sent to iPad. On the latter, the search doesn't work and the TOC isn't live.
Good info. I should have clarified what I wrote, though, to say something like "staying within Amazon options."

I did notice as an option on "my account" page under "manage your content and devices" an option to "download & transfer via USB" the book. Having only a plain Kindle and Kindle for PC, and not even a smartphone, I figured (Southern for "thought" for you non-Southerners) that there wasn't any point in even exploring that option . . . .

I just talked myself into returning the book. Reason: compatibility issues. Maybe if and when Southern Living or whoever is responsible gets their issues fixed I will buy it again.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #658
jscarbo
Addict
jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jscarbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW2, Nook HD+, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Good info. I should have clarified what I wrote, though, to say something like "staying within Amazon options."

I did notice as an option on "my account" page under "manage your content and devices" an option to "download & transfer via USB" the book. Having only a plain Kindle and Kindle for PC, and not even a smartphone, I figured (Southern for "thought" for you non-Southerners) that there wasn't any point in even exploring that option . . . .

I just talked myself into returning the book. Reason: compatibility issues. Maybe if and when Southern Living or whoever is responsible gets their issues fixed I will buy it again.
I selected the "download and transfer by usb" option, then added it to my Calibre library without the DRM. It displays fine in the Calibre reader and all of the hypelinks are active. I haven't tried it on any of my devices other than my pc but like the fact that I can print out recipes from Calibre.

In fact, I made their Dixie Fried Chicken last night and it was excellent although I didn't follow the directions exactly. The egg wash is not typical in my part of the South (I'm from Georgia) but I used it and liked the result. However, the recipe also calls for reducing the heat and covering it after browning. I didn't do this because in my experience this allows the chicken to absorb too much grease. I looked over many of the other recipes and most are fairly traditional and similar to the recipes I make.

By the way, the sale has ended and the price has gone back up to $12.99.

Last edited by jscarbo; 05-11-2014 at 10:45 AM.
jscarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #659
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Good Eating's Gluten-Free Recipes: Healthy and Fresh Appetizers, Entrees and Desserts is free at Barnes & Noble and Amazon.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #660
gabby98
Wizard

Instant Paleo : 101 No-Cooking-Needed Paleo Recipes You Can Prepare Fast, Eat Now Or Take Anywhere! by Dan Thompson
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IDNJGX8/

As Seen On Dr. Oz: Weight Loss & Healthy Eating Recipes by Andre Watkins( Weight Loss Trainer)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GBJAS1K/

Paleo Vegan Sweets & Treats: Healthy Paleo Desserts Free of Grains, Dairy & Eggs by Hannah Healy
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H4I3LV6/

60 Ingredient Substitutions To Help You Cook Healthy Foods While Eating What You Love - Kindle edition by Christina Jones. Cookbooks, Food & Wine
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BWZA1J2

Perfect Pierogi Recipes by Rose Wysocki
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B0GC7YK/

Not Just Tacos - A Journey Into the World of Authentic Latin American Cuisine by Shirley Solis, Roberto van Dalen
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WT0ZXY/

Quick and Easy Grilling Recipes - Kindle edition by Justin A. Bryant. Cookbooks, Food & Wine
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CGLW144/