Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-30-2014, 10:12 PM   #616
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
There is a case for pre-order at Amazon with the specs for the Surface Mini.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:58 AM   #617
bokjeid
Addict
bokjeid began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
On the device, how can we input and move to an exact page?
Isn't it possible? The device has this function?
bokjeid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #618
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by user743 View Post
...http://www.mobilread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148581. I dont knew what's wrong with this link..
The url was misspelled "e";
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148581

Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #619
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantoM View Post
If you really need to check a lot of books per day, maybe a tablet is the best option. You could have productivity on the go as well. I'm thinking about it, since the Digital Paper is being a bit disappointing. I thought about the surface, which is the best tablet right now for productivity IMHO. But it's a lot more heavy.
So I read there's a mini surface coming, especially designed for note tanking. I might consider that an alternative. The negative side is the screen size (just 7-8'')...
Those 8" Win 8 tablets (200-250 $ price range) should also be a good (mobile) storage options for today's e-ink readers then, I guess, since they accept SD cards & USB flash drives and should allow e-ink readers to physically connect and exchange files like with any windows PC there.

Used 100-150 $ netbook is even cheaper though, because its usual 100-150 GB means there is no need for additional big SD or flash USB and its old battery even if on 30% should be enough for storage/transfer purposes.

Those not concerned about internet signal availability, speed or price and data privacy, can get 100 GB on Google's cloud for 2 $ a month.

Last edited by markom; 05-01-2014 at 08:09 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #620
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Any news on the US release date?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2014, 06:47 PM   #621
petrucci
Groupie
petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The sales rep, Jessica, told me that it would be available for order today. I may write back to her and ask if they can ship it now, or if they are ordering it from Japan.
petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:21 AM   #622
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
The 13.3" MacBook Air has a lower resolution.
Indeed, and the screen is the only thing I don't like about the MBA. In fact, I am waiting for an update with a "retina" display, as I would really like a MBA.

My mom bought the 2012 model, and I was quite surprised at how bad the screen was.. Not just the resolution (Which I knew about), but mostly the color representation, as it doesn't have the 'pang' that the Macbook pros have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
This one is designed to be used at arms length.
I always read at half an arms length, and I would also use this device at that distance. Writing notes on it would also be hard at that distance, as you would hold it with your other arm (when sitting in your comfortable chair). So yes, I still do consider the PPI in the low end.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:59 AM   #623
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrucci View Post
The sales rep, Jessica, told me that it would be available for order today. I may write back to her and ask if they can ship it now, or if they are ordering it from Japan.
Did Jessica get back to you? I'm still interested in obtaining one of these things...
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #624
petrucci
Groupie
petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petrucci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have not had time to contact her again. I will do so on Monday.

Several people have asked for the contact information of the people that I have spoken with at Sony and Worldox, the distributor of the DPT S1 in the USA. I do not think that it would be appropriate to list the information on the net. However, I will state that I made my initial contact to Worldox at sales@worldox.com, which they list on their site. They got back to me within a business day.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #625
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I'm always astonished how little Sony cares about individual customer requests.

I did ask weeks earlier and never got an answer. Also my question to the European Sony contact did not give any helpful answer.

It's no wonder that Sony has such big losses.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #626
petrucci
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
I'm always astonished how little Sony cares about individual customer requests.

I did ask weeks earlier and never got an answer. Also my question to the European Sony contact did not give any helpful answer.

It's no wonder that Sony has such big losses.
I can certainly understand your perspective. I had a similar experience with e-ink. However, my experience with Sony was different than yours, and was entirely positive. Not only did I hear from the people at worldox, I also received an e-mail from someone at Sony's NJ office. It was not a form letter, and showed personal interest. This is rather remarkable, as I am not in the market for 1000s of these things.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #627
FantoM
Enthusiast
FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrucci View Post
I can certainly understand your perspective. I had a similar experience with e-ink. However, my experience with Sony was different than yours, and was entirely positive. Not only did I hear from the people at worldox, I also received an e-mail from someone at Sony's NJ office. It was not a form letter, and showed personal interest. This is rather remarkable, as I am not in the market for 1000s of these things.
I also have a positive opinion about Sony's customer's support. They've always answered very carefully and respectfully.
About Sony's way of marketing a clearly winner device that's another story. Hope they expand their resellers and do some advertising work, so people can buy it like any other product, individually (not just through large orders).
FantoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:55 AM   #628
Heba
Connoisseur
Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle DX, Hanvon C18 and Sony Dpt-S1
I found these:
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-DPTS1/
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-dig...aper:resellers
Yet I know nothing about the safety of this site and whether it sells the device with an English interface.
Heba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #629
MrPLD
Author's pet-geek
MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrPLD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi, Onyx Boox M96
I found this bit of the user PDF guide amusing...

Quote:
The following system environments are not
supported.
 Self-constructed computer
 Computer with a non-standard operating system
 Computer with multiple operating systems (multi-
boot)
MrPLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:40 AM   #630
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heba View Post
I found these:
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-DPTS1/
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-dig...aper:resellers
Yet I know nothing about the safety of this site and whether it sells the device with an English interface.
Yeah, those pages have been up for a while. If you follow through to worldox...they seem to be a software company (document control?) and I suppose they might bundle in the DPTS1 product. But there was nowhere to buy just the Sony reader.

I have a google alert. Hopefully something will turn up soon. (with an english interface)
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote