Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 05:06 AM   #46
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free again from the author('s republishing consortium) via KDP Select @ Amazon:

The Bewitching of Alison Allbright by Alan Davidson, a suspenseful YA coming-of-age fable originally out from Penguin's Viking Kestrel imprint in 1986.

Alison Allbright has always sought refuge in day dreams - of having a glamorous mother and a lovely home, of being an exciting person, of doing all the things that the others at high school do - and more. When Mrs Considine appears, spinning her amazing web of fantasy and making those dreams come true, Alison is completely bewitched....until she discovers the catch.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:43 AM   #47
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Six of Shannon Hale's "Ever After High" Ebook(let)s--Free

You may know that I know nothing about modern fiction. But someone at another site posted these, so maybe they're good. I do know that there's several of them and that they're free. So, I thought that I'd post them. Besides, when I post in a fiction thread, I feel so . . . so . . . naughty.

The URL for the webpage at Amazon that lists them, along with giving some pertinent information about them, is http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+After+High%3A. It's a page which lists all of the ebooks in the "Ever After High" series. Be sure to note that only the first six are free.

Here are the titles of the freebies:
Ever After High: Raven Queen's Story.
Ever After High: Madeline Hatter's Story.
Ever After High: Apple White's Story.
Ever After High: Briar Beauty's Story.
Ever After High: Ashlynn Ella's Story.
Ever After High: Hunter Huntsman's Story.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 10-24-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Advert
Old 10-24-2014, 12:49 AM   #48
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^

They're tie-ins to a fairy-tale-based novel series (a bit like the Once Upon a Time tv show) by a moderately popular YA author, and available in all the stores for over a year now (also in Spanish, German, and Italian translation, depending on which stores you frequent, in case you want to practice your language skills).

I'd been thinking that one of these days when it was a slow day I'd finally get around to doing a dedicated thread with a round-up of all the relevant links, just as I've been toying with doing so for all the Harlequin romances available in foreign translation (it turns out you can get some free in languages as esoteric as Finnish).
Old 10-24-2014, 01:18 AM   #49
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Just mentioning: Ever After High is a children's series - not YA. It does have an older following, so YA readers may like them as well.

Also, the free ones are novellas, not full blown books. But, good for getting a taste of Shannon Hale's writing of the series.

I see the third book in the series is out now (Wonderland)... I'm guessing if the daughter gets good grades, she may pick that out as her reward.

I haven't read the books myself (haven't gotten around to it), but my 8 year old loves them.
---Side note: Normally I don't like getting paper books, but if you have a child in your life (or even child at heart) - the hardbacks are quite pretty and would make a really awesome gift for any fairytale lover.

Kobo
Google
B&N
Old 10-24-2014, 03:55 AM   #50
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Also available at Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/re...price-asc-rank
Advert
Old 10-26-2014, 05:51 AM   #51
ATDrake
Wizzard

Free from the author('s republishing consortium) via KDP Select @ Amazon:

The New, Thinking Annabel by Alan Davidson, a kids/YA novel in a series about a plucky young girl who gets into humorous difficulties, from the looks of it, originally out from Armada in 1985 (probably a Penguin imprint, since there are later editions out from their Viking and Puffin imprints).

Annabel's in big trouble at school but when a book on 'problem behavior' drops at her feet, it proves inspirational. In its pages she meets the wayward Betsy-Lou - Case History No.36 - her 'transatlantic cousin'. And Betsy-Lou can help her..... An even bigger thinking challenge comes along when she has to prove to Kate's father that she can be trusted at the seaside if she's to go on holiday with Kate. That she is, indeed, a very sensible person.

More hilarious episodes from the life of thirteen-year-old Annabel Bunce.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:16 AM   #52
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Free
More hilarious episodes from the life of thirteen-year-old Annabel Bunce.[/I]
Also THE BEWITCHING OF ALISON ALLBRIGHT

Alison Allbright has always sought refuge in day dreams - of having a glamorous mother and a lovely home, of being an exciting person, of doing all the things that the others at high school do - and more. When Mrs Considine appears, spinning her amazing web of fantasy and making those dreams come true, Alison is completely bewitched....until she discovers the catch.

First publication in e-book of Alan Davidson's modern classic.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #53
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Various Halloween kids' books are on sale. They're the same prices at various retailers (I spot-checked prices at Kobo and Amazon), but Barnes & Noble has a clickable list.

I want to mention that kids' books tend to be wonky in terms of device support and most won't download to PC apps. Make sure that your device is supported.
  • Barnes & Noble books often work only on NOOK tablets or an iPad
  • Amazon books often work only with a tablet app (Android or iPad)
  • Kobo books often work only with a Kobo tablet

There are a few other free books by Jennifer Fosberry and illustrated by Mike Litwin that I noticed for NOOK tablets:

Isabella: Star of the Story
B&N

My Name Is Not Alexander
B&N

My Name Is Not Isabella
B&N

Here's a list of "NOOK Read To Me" titles, sorted by price. If you're just looking at freebies, Alphabet! is the first book that isn't free, so you know where to stop.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:30 PM   #54
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Free

Warriors #1: Into the Wild
(Warriors: The Prophecies Begin) by Erin Hunter

Quote:
For generations, four Clans of wild cats have shared the forest according to the laws laid down by their ancestors. But the warrior code is threatened, and the ThunderClan cats are in grave danger. The sinister ShadowClan grows stronger every day. Noble warriors are dying—and some deaths are more mysterious than others.

In the midst of this turmoil appears an ordinary housecat named Rusty . . . who may turn out to be the bravest warrior of them all.
AmazonUS
Kobo
Google

------
Not current free at B&N, but including the link in case this changes later. (Will update if it does.)
B&N
Old 11-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #55
ATDrake
Wizzard

Little Yearnings of Annabel by Alan Davidson, a kids/tween-level-looking wacky girl's slice-of-life adventure novel originally out from Penguin's Puffin imprint in 1989.

"Breaking a world record's the only hope I've got," announced Annabel. "It's the only answer."

But the answer to WHAT, exactly? wonders Kate.

After failing [in the first of these two long complete stories] to impress a visiting publisher with her poems at Mrs da Susa's very first Children's Book Fair but managing to help a fellow author whose books are considered past it -- though certainly not by Annabel -- she embarks on a series of increasingly desperate attempts to get into the Guinness Book of Records. And only she knows why.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:16 AM   #56
ATDrake
Wizzard

Bargain @ $1.99 from Open Road Media, apparently good throughout November (couponable @ Kobo, should be available in all the usual stores, prices good for Canada & US, may be on sale in other regions as well, etc.):
Old 11-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #57
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiekene View Post
Free

Warriors #1: Into the Wild
(Warriors: The Prophecies Begin) by Erin Hunter

AmazonUS
Kobo
Google

------
Not current free at B&N, but including the link in case this changes later. (Will update if it does.)
B&N
It is free; your link goes to the paperback.

Warriors #1: Into the Wild by Erin Hunter @ B&N
Old 11-06-2014, 11:37 AM   #58
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiekene View Post
Just mentioning: Ever After High is a children's series - not YA. It does have an older following, so YA readers may like them as well.

Also, the free ones are novellas, not full blown books. But, good for getting a taste of Shannon Hale's writing of the series.

I see the third book in the series is out now (Wonderland)... I'm guessing if the daughter gets good grades, she may pick that out as her reward.

I haven't read the books myself (haven't gotten around to it), but my 8 year old loves them.
---Side note: Normally I don't like getting paper books, but if you have a child in your life (or even child at heart) - the hardbacks are quite pretty and would make a really awesome gift for any fairytale lover.

Kobo
Google
B&N
I've been trying to get my 8 year old into reading this series. The hardcover books are beautiful and she has the first two. I didn't buy her the third (or the new story collection) because she hasn't finished reading either of those first two. I was hoping she'd like this series since she likes the toys and the videos. As her mom, I think they are nicer to look at than Monster High, but I don't tell her so.

(We are at the library and book store a lot because her older brother is a voracious reader and when one of them gets something, they *all* want something and how can I say no to a new book? )

Does anyone know if the ebook stories are illustrated? I'm trying to decided if I want to get them for her e-ink Kindle or have her dad get them for her Kindle Fire. Or I could get the epub and put it on her tablet through the app. So many choices! LOL
Old 11-11-2014, 09:14 PM   #59
ATDrake
Wizzard

Queen Rider by Alan Davidson, a tween/YA equestrian school drama novel originally out from W. H. Allen/Methuen in 1979.

Impossible Bonnie Wyndham, expelled from her last three schools, knows she's only been accepted at sports-mad Almonside because she's a superb rider. She doesn't intend to stay long. Just long enough to prove she's the best. But equally Ruth Caradon, her tough, soft-spoken riding instructor, doesn't intend to let Bonnie get the better of her and queen it around Almonside. Or -- is their conflict about something different altogether?

A riveting study of a power struggle, with a nail-biting show jumping background, from the author of The Bewitching of Alison Allbright.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:38 PM   #60
ATDrake
Wizzard

Free from the author @ iTunes and then price-matched to Amazon (available to Canadians):

The Baker's Dozen: A Saint Nicholas Tale by Aaron Shepard with illustrations by Wendy Edelson, a festive folkloric children's picture book originally out from Atheneum in 1995.

Van Amsterdam the baker was well known for his honesty as well as for his fine Saint Nicholas cookies. He always gave his customers exactly what they paid for -- not more and not less. So, he was not about to give in when a mysterious old woman comes to him on Saint Nicholas Day and insists that a dozen is thirteen!

The woman's curse puts an end to the baker's business, and he believes it would take Saint Nicholas to help him. But if he receives that help, will it be exactly what he imagined?

Find out in this inspiring legend from Dutch colonial New York about the birth of an honored American custom.
Closed Thread