Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Mine was the same way until a moment ago. I refreshed the screen (UPS.com) and it now says scheduled for deliver tomorrow. It previously said today. I called UPS, so maybe that triggered an update. The last location still says the 27th though.
Mine still says

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Monday, 11/28/2011
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 11/30/2011

Knoxville, TN, United States 11/25/2011 8:59 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 11/25/2011 4:38 P.M. Departure Scan
11/25/2011 12:45 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 11/25/2011 9:47 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Of course it can't be delivered if it's in Knoxville still. That's over two hours from here. I've got 3 packages that are on time for tomorrow but this one I haven't got any info on.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:26 PM   #47
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Mine still says

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Monday, 11/28/2011
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 11/30/2011

Knoxville, TN, United States 11/25/2011 8:59 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 11/25/2011 4:38 P.M. Departure Scan
11/25/2011 12:45 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 11/25/2011 9:47 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Of course it can't be delivered if it's in Knoxville still. That's over two hours from here. I've got 3 packages that are on time for tomorrow but this one I haven't got any info on.
Yep, mine is still in Louisville as of yesterday afternoon. I had Originally Scheduled Tuesday, Scheduled for Early Delivery Monday. There must have been a mechanical failure across the board.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep, mine is still in Louisville as of yesterday afternoon. I had Originally Scheduled Tuesday, Scheduled for Early Delivery Monday. There must have been a mechanical failure across the board.
Okay My Harry Potter is as well. So this saves me a call. I got alert though from UPS earlier telling me I got 3 packages coming tomorrow.... So this may not be the case?

Edit: They are all now in Knoxville.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-28-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #49
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Okay My Harry Potter is as well. So this saves me a call. I got alert though from UPS earlier telling me I got 3 packages coming tomorrow.... So this may not be the case?

Edit: They are all now in Knoxville.
I've had lots of deliveries over the past ten years. While the tracking is usually accurate, I've had things delivered on time when tracking still showed that it was in another state.

If you pay the Prime rate of 3.99 for overnight shipping, and it doesn't get there overnight, they will refund that. I'm pretty sure it's automatic.

If you do Prime 2 day shipping, and it doesn't get there on time (very rare - but it happens), then I'm not sure they'll do anything about it. In the few times that happened to me, I never pursued the matter.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
I've had lots of deliveries over the past ten years. While the tracking is usually accurate, I've had things delivered on time when tracking still showed that it was in another state.

If you pay the Prime rate of 3.99 for overnight shipping, and it doesn't get there overnight, they will refund that. I'm pretty sure it's automatic.

If you do Prime 2 day shipping, and it doesn't get there on time (very rare - but it happens), then I'm not sure they'll do anything about it. In the few times that happened to me, I never pursued the matter.
All my packages are out for delivery! Whee! Today's my Birthday so it's perfect timing!
Advert
Old 11-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #51
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
All my packages are out for delivery! Whee! Today's my Birthday so it's perfect timing!
Happy Birthday!!! Such fun!
Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #52
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Happy Birthday!!! Such fun!
Wish I could of slept in but at least he wont have to come back another day to deliver the rest.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #53
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Happy Birthday Blossom : )
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #54
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Happy Birthday.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #55
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
I don't know if this will help but I will add my two cents to this conversation given I was able to sync non-Amazon books between my Kindle, iPad2 and iPhone4.

There was a major thread sometime back and Sadievan along with others helped me figure this out. Let me say upfront that I don't have Kindle Fire but maybe the basic principle of how to do this MAY work with the Fire.

The first key to the process is the ASIN. This makes your devices think your non-Amazon book is in fact a Amazon book. Calibre is the only tool I use to secure the ASIN. I import my non-Amazon books into Calibre and even if they are already mobi, I do another conversion to ensure the ASIN is populated. I have never used the mobi2mobi gui method as it was a little to complicated for me to understand. Calibre after one of its upgrades included the functionality to provide an ASIN on a book which alleviated the need to use the mobi2mobi gui method.

The next step in this process was to place the books in the right folder on the iPad to facilitate the syncing process. As it turned out it is NOT in the Kindle for iPad app. Using a tool called Disk Aid - this allows me to see the root of my iPad or iPhone. After plugging the iPad or iPhone into my Computer, DiskAid accesses my root directory. Once there I go to KindleApp\Library\ebooks folder. I drop the book(s) into this folder, disconnect and voila - I am able to read the book on the iPad/iPhone and when I switch over to my Kindle I am able to go to the last page read.

Again, I don't know how to get to the root directory on the Fire so it will be finding out how to (1)access the root directory and (2)finding the appropriate folder to drop the non-Amazon books into.

These are the steps I used for the iPad/iPhone but my thought is that the general principle may be the same for the Fire, good luck.

P.S. I believe (not sure) that DiskAid is only for Apple products but I imagine there must be another DiskAid "like" tool that will allow you to access the Fire's root directory.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #56
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
I have read some people having problems with the KT synching so it may not be a Kindle Fire problem.
In my case I don't have the Touch, I have the K4 non-Touch.

Quote:
Happy Birthday!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #57
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
I'm trying to sync between the kindle fire and the touch. I converted the books via calibre and removed the [pdoc].
On the one ebook I have tried, I have had no problem syncing the fire, my KT, and my android phone. I would try more than one book. I am pretty sure that I used Calibre and had it plugged in to put it on my KF. I also upgraded to the latest Calibre with thoughts it would best support the KF

I've noticed before that particular books give me trouble, but it is probably something that I have done

Last edited by volwrath; 11-29-2011 at 03:47 PM.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
Happy Birthday Blossom : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Happy Birthday.

Carol
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post

Happy Birthday!!!
We having our first snow of the season! I ordered it for Christmas but Jack Frost always gets it wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
In my case I don't have the Touch, I have the K4 non-Touch.
I have no issue with syncing on the K4. Some users are having problems with the Touch synching with anything.

Talking about Amazon server issues. This morning Silk wouldn't load any site. I had to turn off going through Amazon's servers then I could use it again.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #59
SCION
Séduisant

My Touch is here. Transferring books now.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
My Touch is here. Transferring books now.
Congrats! Remember if you don't like it you have the Fire.