Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 03:45 AM   #46
markT4
Enthusiast
markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyj View Post
I have several 32 gig micro sd cards i bought through Ebay they come from China and are very reasonable. Just takes time in shipping
Be careful buying microsd cards off of Ebay as there are many fakes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=929423

If you want a good price on microsd check out CanadaComputers if you're in Canada. If you're in the states look around Fry's or Amazon.

Last edited by markT4; 11-21-2011 at 03:52 AM. Reason: additional info
markT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #47
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Not eBay as they don't sell anything; but yes, the vendors selling items VIA eBay were selling (and do continue to sell) fake stuff.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #48
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Not eBay as they don't sell anything; but yes, the vendors selling items VIA eBay were selling (and do continue to sell) fake stuff.
As long as you buy from a seller with lots of feedback and that's been in business for a few years, you should be fine. And then you have Paypal as a back-up to get your money back in case that envelope with your tiny little card in it goes missing.

So far, I bought a 8 gig card on sale locally just to test the waters.

How are people with a decent 32 gig card finding the speed of transferring data?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:11 PM   #49
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
I was going to get myself a 32 gig sd card, and but the one they had on sale for 69 at futureshop was sold out. Got, got myself two 16 gigs instead. One for movies and one for general storage. I like the plan better now. For the two cheaper than the one 32 gig on sale with taxes anyhow.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:26 PM   #50
markT4
Enthusiast
markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.

Device: none
You can buy a Kingston (a better brand than what future trash sells) 32 gb class 4 card for $54 regular price at CanadaComputers.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=75524N

Last edited by markT4; 11-22-2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: spelling
markT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert