Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #46
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
all the K1's were the same. there weren't the different choices that the K2 had and the K3 now has. it was very difficult to navigate, but doable
Provided the device is fully functional - which is something we don't know. That's why I'm saying the statement that that one specific K1 doesn't have web browsing isn't necessarily incorrect.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #47
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Provided the device is fully functional - which is something we don't know. That's why I'm saying the statement that that one specific K1 doesn't have web browsing isn't necessarily incorrect.
one particular brand of cars brakes failed, therefore all of that brands' cars have non-functional brakes
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #48
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
one particular brand of cars brakes failed, therefore all of that brands' cars have non-functional brakes
Going from this, which completely misconstrues my point, I think things weren't quite clear - so I figured I'd better start further back in the trail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJHARKAVY View Post
I meant the web browser. My friend can't access the web on his (admittedly old) Kindle.
Quote:
that also is incorrect. I was able to send out an emergency email when I was stranded in Mexico last summer on my K1
This was the statement of yours which I was taking exception. Yes, all K1's shipped with a web browser, but this does not mean that DJHARKAVY is necessarily wrong when he says that his friend cannot access the web on that one particular Kindle.

In that one case, this person may not be able to - and that has nothing to do with whether K1's in general have a browser and internet capability - but with what this one person can do with their device - and that's something someone with personal experience of this specific case is in a better position to know than someone who does not have personal experience of that specific case.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:35 PM   #49
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
this is a pathetic argument
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #50
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I was referring to classic books though not the newest best sellers. If you're looking for the new stuff then yes you are stuck with buying via Amazon or other vendors who sell kindle compatible media, but there is a wide variety of books in public domain here if a person is looking for something new that isn't really new. I mean if you have never read Treasure Island or Dracula for example you can get them here without worrying about DRM, and they are new to you even if they aren't actually new books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
None of them are on my TBR list. Thus their value for me is less than zero.
If you do want to buy contemporary books that are mostly DRM protected, you can buy them in Kindle shop only.
If you want to use any other ebook online shop for DRM protected ebooks you must learn to hack the DRM protection.

There is absolutely no other way around it.

All that said, I don't think there are DRM protected ebooks that you cannot buy in Kindle shop and are available in others places. Kindle shop rocks in my not so humble opinion.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert