Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #46
jswinden
Nameless Being

My order for the KFire and a sleeve for it just changed to Shipping Soon. Wow, every time I try to log on to Amazon it takes a while to get in. It is as though a couple of million people were trying to log on and check their KFire orders. Oh wait...
Old 11-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #47
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I pre-ordered mine September 28 and it still shows "Not Shipped Yet" and my CC has not been charged. I'm not worried though. I think there are well over one million units being prepared for shipping, so it will take a while for this process to

For any of you who have had your CC charged, does the Manage My Devices page on Amazon.com show a serial number and email address for your Fire? If not, then I doubt it has shipped yet.

No serial number or email address yet. I'll advise again when I check the website the next time.....in about 15 minutes!
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #48
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
cool

I didn't pay for one day shipping because the 2 Fire's I ordered are Christmas presents for my boys. I'm really anxious for that Kindle Touch to show up Thanksgiving week though.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #49
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
@abookreader: same here, and I received my cover for the Touch a few weeks ago, so I am very anxious to see it.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:35 PM   #50
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
Amazon is pretty good about hitting their delivery dates. I recently pre-ordered a video game that was to be released on 11/11 and I was promised release day delivery.

I didn't receive a shipping email until the evening of 11/10 but the game still arrived on 11/11 so I usually have faith in Amazon even if I don't see "shipped" until the last minute, haha.

While I don't have a Fire on order, I'm hoping my Kindle Touch gets here quick!
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2011, 10:13 PM   #51
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
@abookreader: same here, and I received my cover for the Touch a few weeks ago, so I am very anxious to see it.
Which cover? The official one?
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:21 AM   #52
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
Amazon is pretty good about hitting their delivery dates. I recently pre-ordered a video game that was to be released on 11/11 and I was promised release day delivery.

I didn't receive a shipping email until the evening of 11/10 but the game still arrived on 11/11 so I usually have faith in Amazon even if I don't see "shipped" until the last minute, haha.

While I don't have a Fire on order, I'm hoping my Kindle Touch gets here quick!
I was going to use release day delivery of video games as an example also. I have a pre-order for Halo Anniversary edition for 11/15 and it doesn't show anything yet, but I know I will have it by the end of the day 11/15. So hang in there, folks.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:01 AM   #53
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Shipping Soon - KF

My Amazon site just showed the Kindle Fire as "Shipping Soon" but my Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for Kindle Fire Cover, Black, shows "Not Yet Shipped."

Both have a Delivery Estimate of November 17, 2011.

No serial number has been assigned to the Kindle Fire yet.

I have it set for 2 day delivery under the Amazon Prime setup. In the past 10 days 2 other items ended up being delivered in ONE DAY without extra charges and arrived one day prior to their estimated day of delivery. Both were out for delivery on a UPS truck on the same day the Amazon site changed their status to "Shipped."
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #54
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
My order for the KFire and a sleeve for it just changed to Shipping Soon. Wow, every time I try to log on to Amazon it takes a while to get in. It is as though a couple of million people were trying to log on and check their KFire orders. Oh wait...
So you're the one causing the lag for log in.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #55
jswinden
Nameless Being

My KFire and sleeve have periodically shown as Shipping Soon but then revert back to Not Yet Shipped, which is where they are currently. Still no charge on my CC. Plenty of money in the account so that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #56
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
My Amazon site just showed the Kindle Fire as "Shipping Soon" but my Marware C.E.O. Hybrid for Kindle Fire Cover, Black, shows "Not Yet Shipped."
Same here, re: the Marware cover. Hmm.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:11 PM   #57
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Both shipping soon !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
Same here, re: the Marware cover. Hmm.
The Marware cover just changed to "Shipping Soon" as well.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:37 PM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
The thing is unless you pay for Faster shipping. Amazon usually sends their packages via USPS Fedex Smartpost. This means you have to rely on your Post Office to have someone there to unpack the crate the FedEX driver drops off. Some Post offices don't have the manual labor for this and only unload once a week. So keep that in mind. Smartpost isn't the best shipping method although I have to admit to have always gotten my packages on time while living here. I know people who haven't who live in other towns nearby.

Two day shipping is usually through UPS so it's guaranteed to be there on the date scheduled unless something happens.

I'm not sure who one day shipping is through? Probably UPS or FedEX.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #59
jswinden
Nameless Being

I hate the FedEx with hand-off to the USPS. FedEx and USPS want deliver to my apartment door. Instead I have to go to the apartment office to pick up the packages. UPS does deliver right to my door, and they have better tracking IMO.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #60
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I hate the FedEx with hand-off to the USPS. FedEx and USPS want deliver to my apartment door. Instead I have to go to the apartment office to pick up the packages. UPS does deliver right to my door, and they have better tracking IMO.
Ah That's how it was back in Wilmington. I actually prefer it that way or it would of got stolen. Here I haven't had any issues with door delivery but there are kids and new neighbors coming and going. My UPS guy wont leave nothing. I have to sign for it. So I better be up when he shows up.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote