Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
The end of the rain is indeed welcome. I'm with you in hoping that the Tor prices drop. I won't be surprised if it takes a little while, though. I've yet to see anything happen on schedule with this particular program.
Actually, I've just been looking around at Sunborn and at both Kobo and Sony, it's now $7.99. That's good sort of. The problem however is that I get coupons from B&n and Borders and can get the print version for less. So this new agency pricing is making some eBooks now more expensive then the print version because there won't be sales like there used to be.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #47
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, I've just been looking around at Sunborn and at both Kobo and Sony, it's now $7.99. That's good sort of.
That's not good, that's great! That means they did what they said they would, and lowered the price. I haven't looked at other books yet, but it probably also indicates that Macmillan is sticking to their word that they'll lower prices generally for books that have gone to paperback.

Quote:
The problem however is that I get coupons from B&n and Borders and can get the print version for less. So this new agency pricing is making some eBooks now more expensive then the print version because there won't be sales like there used to be.
Too early to say that, I think. The system has only just gotten started. We don't know yet if there will be a way for books to go on special. I'm guessing they'll come up with something.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:47 PM   #48
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a mild plea for support from those of you who enjoyed the free download of Sunborn. The paperback has been out for a few months now, distribution is spotty, and sales have been--well, let's just say "disappointing." So I want to put it to you: If you enjoyed the free ebook, would you consider picking up a paperback for yourself, or to give as a gift? Or would you mention it to your friends who prefer paper to ebooks? Or encourage your local store to stock it? Or do whatever feels right to you to give it that little extra boost that can only come from readers? If so, I'd be extremely grateful.

And if you thought the book sucked, could you, er, just mention that to your dog and keep it between the two of you for a little while?

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #49
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Here puppy puppy puppy....

Just kidding.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #50
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:

Here's a mild plea for support from those of you who enjoyed the free download of Sunborn. The paperback has been out for a few months now, distribution is spotty, and sales have been--well, let's just say "disappointing." So I want to put it to you: If you enjoyed the free ebook, would you consider picking up a paperback for yourself, or to give as a gift? Or would you mention it to your friends who prefer paper to ebooks? Or encourage your local store to stock it? Or do whatever feels right to you to give it that little extra boost that can only come from readers? If so, I'd be extremely grateful.

And if you thought the book sucked, could you, er, just mention that to your dog and keep it between the two of you for a little while?

Thanks.
OK Jeffrey, The Chaos Chronicles have been bumped up my reading order from "soon" to "immediate". And if I think they'd like them, I shall certainly be picking up a copy for my dead-tree-loving family.

The problem is, the paper book I'd buy for them first would of course be Neptune Crossing. Unless I am mistaken and Sunborn would be appropriate to read as a stand-alone?
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #51
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatgirl View Post
OK Jeffrey, The Chaos Chronicles have been bumped up my reading order from "soon" to "immediate". And if I think they'd like them, I shall certainly be picking up a copy for my dead-tree-loving family.

The problem is, the paper book I'd buy for them first would of course be Neptune Crossing. Unless I am mistaken and Sunborn would be appropriate to read as a stand-alone?
Thanks very much.

Yes, you're right. Sunborn can be read as a standalone, but there's no doubt it's best to start with Neptune Crossing. As that's o.p., I can only suggest the used book market. (You can probably find it for a penny at Amazon.)

There also no doubt that my problem was exacerbated by the fact that I couldn't get Tor to reissue the earlier books.

(I do have a limited number of NC hardcovers left that I sell only as part of complete sets, but my purpose here wasn't to try to push expensive collectors' editions. )
Old 05-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #52
Hatgirl
Addict
Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hatgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-T2, Kindle (7th Gen)
Quote:

(I do have a limited number of NC hardcovers left that I sell only as part of complete sets, but my purpose here wasn't to try to push expensive collectors' editions. )
No point in wasting one of those lovely sets on my family. They break the spines of books *shudder*

My local second-hand bookshop or Amazon will no doubt have a copy. My comiserations on your publisher's short-sightedness.
Hatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:52 AM   #53
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Sunborn "World Edition" now in Kindle UK/DE!

International readers! You can now buy Sunborn (The Chaos Chronicles #4) in Kindle format outside the U.S.! This has been a long time coming, and it's mostly my fault, because I didn't realize for a long time that Tor only had U.S. ebook rights. Anyway, I've put a lot of time into trying to make sure everything is right in this ebook version. (If you find any typos, please let me know.)

You can get it now in the Amazon UK store and in the Amazon Germany store.

(Actually, I just discovered that Tor has a Kindle edition in the German store. That's a mistake and should be coming down soon. Tor doesn't have rights in that geographical area. You should buy the Tor edition in the U.S., and this Starstream version outside the U.S.)

This cover is temporary, by the way, until my crack designer can get to doing a more polished version.

It's DRM-free, and readers of other formats are welcome to convert it to suit their needs. An ePub version is almost ready, and will be out in the Apple store as soon as I can iron out a few kinks. That will also be DRM-free.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #54
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Sunborn "World Edition" now in international Apple stores

A few days ago, the epub version of the Sunborn "World Edition" went on sale in Apple stores around the world, everywhere I could enable it except the U.S. It's DRM-free. (The Tor version is available in the U.S.) Sunborn is the fourth volume of The Chaos Chronicles.

It's also available at Smashwords. Please note, because Tor has U.S. ebook rights, the SW edition is also intended only for purchase outside the U.S. I do ask that people respect the distinction.

As always, if you readers in the U.S. have problems with DRM on the Tor edition, please contact me for help.