Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-18-2007, 06:01 AM   #46
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I did that (well, I used libprs500) and that set the time from 00:00 to an hour earlier than my PC clock is set to).
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:25 AM   #47
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
This is so great. I just changed the left and right function on the joystick from history to "next" and "previous" function. So now I can flip with my right hand! 8)
Wow, this is the most useful hack so far for me
I wish Sony would incorporate it into their future upgrade. I really miss right handed flipping buttons.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #48
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra_lestat
Wow, this is the most useful hack so far for me
I wish Sony would incorporate it into their future upgrade. I really miss right handed flipping buttons.

Why wait for Sony?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:58 AM   #49
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Why wait for the next Sony Upgrade? It is here now!
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #50
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I am too much coward/fool to try an inovation like that
I didn't even upgrade my reader when the last official upgrade became available. I think I should grow up a bit...maybe in 6-8 months I will be ready

P.S. Madam Broshkina, have we met on the-ebook.org before?

Last edited by astra; 05-18-2007 at 08:17 AM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2007, 08:25 AM   #51
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
... "ten times reset" method ....
Ehm. What rock have I been under to miss that one? Could you elaborate or point me to it please, diabloNL?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #52
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Ehm. What rock have I been under to miss that one? Could you elaborate or point me to it please, diabloNL?
Must have been a huge rock.

You can find it in the Wiki:

Click

Only the last step you don't need ebook.py. Just use the original Sony Reader update software. It works great!

Another method that Igor told me is to start the Sony update tool and after unpacking go to the temp folder on your disk and search for the unpakked Reader update. Inside go to ../assets/updaterAssets/PRSVersion.dat and open that file with notepad. Change the last "0" in a "1". This way the updater thinks it has a newer version and will "upgrade" (fix) your Reader.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 AM   #53
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It must have been the ruddy Rock of Gibraltar!

Yeah, I somehow missed all of that. Thanks for waking me up!
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #54
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Reader UI request!

Hey all you firmware hackers and flashers. I'd really really like an improvement to how the "by author" and "by title" choices on the main reader menu work.

I want hierarchical navigation through the space of available choices using the 10 buttons to choose from subranges of the total. In programmer-speak, think of it as choosing the n-th subchild of a balanced tree with up to 10 children per node. At each level, you display for each button the first and last book available at the leaves if I choose that button. (No need to implement it as a balanced tree, of course. That just describes the notion, not the implementation.)

This would allow access to any book with Log-base-10(total-number-of-books) button presses. Way better than scrolling through a 50-page list of individual books.

If we can flash the firmware, this ought to be a doable thing.

Anyone up for the programming? Anyone? Beuhler?
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #55
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I want to say thank you! I've done the upgrades and they seem to work fine. Now if only we could get LIT format on this puppy we'd be golden.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #56
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I think this thread deserves a "sticky", wouldn't you say?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 07:48 AM   #57
dstampe
dstampe
dstampe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Where would we find the meaning of all the referenced functions and objects in the XML scripts? It's a bit confusing that (more than) half the code for the key reassignment example seems to be related to the clock example--makes reverse-engineering what was done a bit difficult.

For those who have actually done these, what is the recommended way of finding out what can/cannot be changed? What can the enbedded C scripts actually access? This would help busy (lazy???) people like me try things out.

Resources that would be useful would be a link to an XMK reference, a worked example of changing internal fonts and adding extra ones, a list of objects and key codes/identifiers, and so on.
dstampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:03 AM   #58
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Removing clock?

I love this flasher because I've been itching to have the joystick act as a page turner.

Like a previous poster, I don't understand what the different functions are in the xml file. How would I go about removing the clock? It's a great demo of the flasher, but I prefer to read without a clock right there. I do plan to try changing the fonts, but for now all I want is the joystick mod.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:07 AM   #59
shd
shd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikou
I love this flasher because I've been itching to have the joystick act as a page turner.

Like a previous poster, I don't understand what the different functions are in the xml file. How would I go about removing the clock? It's a great demo of the flasher, but I prefer to read without a clock right there. I do plan to try changing the fonts, but for now all I want is the joystick mod.
go to Settings->About, then cycle through clock modes using button "0".
shd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #60
Mikou
Zealot
Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Amazon Fire 10, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by shd
go to Settings->About, then cycle through clock modes using button "0".
Thank you! Much simpler than I thought.
Mikou is offline   Reply With Quote