Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #496
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Voice over as the Goose flies past the camera, into the sunset:
I'd like this even better if it said "drives".

Quote:
"I don't give a light breeze in Farking about the wind

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 PM   #497
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
In a forest in China, two pandas sat in a bamboo grove, munching their dinner.

"Did you hear something?" the first panda, who oddly enough, was named Steve Jordan.

"No," said the second panda.

"Huh. Could have sworn I heard someone screaming, 'The frogs! The terrible frogs!' Must have been something I ate..."
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #498
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
In a forest in China, two pandas sat in a bamboo grove, munching their dinner.

"Did you hear something?" the first panda, who oddly enough, was named Steve Jordan.

"No," said the second panda.

"Huh. Could have sworn I heard someone screaming, 'The frogs! The terrible frogs!' Must have been something I ate..."
:lolfrog!!: :theterriblelolfrog!!!:
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #499
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
"Hugo?"

"Yeah, Lefty?"

"Why is the sky all orange with green stripes?"

"Is this another one of your strange philosophical questions, Lefty?"

"No. What's philosphical?"

"Never mind. Look, I'm looking right at the sky and it is definitely not orange with green stripes. That is a MacGregor tartan if ever I..."

"I feel strange, Hugo."

"Well, that might have something to do with the fact that you just turned into a cauliflower. Something is going on here."

"I feel like I'm being eaten by a panda, Hugo."

"Just be quiet for a minute, Lefty. I'm trying to figure this out. AND WHAT ARE THOSE FROGS DOING HERE?!?!?!?!?!"

"Oh, wow, man! Look what happens when I move my heel like this!" The room was suddenly filled with giggles.

"What the heck was that author on?"

"I think he said something about Jack Daniels and Bathtub Acid."

"Oh, ghod, Lefty, he's trying to replicate abisinthe again! Run for it!"

"Can I bring my frog with me?"

"AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!"
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:20 PM   #500
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Abisinthe maketh the heart grow fonther.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #501
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

:groooan:
Old 12-30-2008, 03:40 PM   #502
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
"Lefty... you sneak up on the left. I'll go right."

"Huh? This way?"

"No, LEFT... umm, big-toe-wise. I'll go pinky-toe direction, and then on the signal, pounce."

"Ok."

"We'll trap this weird impostor sock mutant thing once and for all."

"I think it's a hand. Pretending to be a sock."

"Yeah. Be careful, they come in pairs."

"Oh no! We're in Paris, too!"

"No, PAIRS. Hands come in PAIRS. There could be another one around."

"A PAIRS of psockpuppets? I'm scared. How many is that?"

"Never mind. Be quiet, wait for the signal. You remember the signal?"

"Yes. You yell 'POUNCE'."

"That is what we ended up with, isn't it? OK."

"Hugo!"

"What?"

"Why are we pouncing pscockpuppet again? We're scared, right? We don't like him. Right?"

"Yes, right, why?"

"Because you don't seem like you're scared pouncey. You seem more happy pouncey".

"I... umm. Well. Ok. We don't know it's a him yet, and well... I like blondes. Wait, Lefty! Where are you going! You're my wing man, stop! Wait!"

"I'm leaving. The last time you tried to make me happy pounce I hurt my shronk."
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #503
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
"Lefty... you sneak up on the left. I'll go right."

"Huh? This way?"

"No, LEFT... umm, big-toe-wise. I'll go pinky-toe direction, and then on the signal, pounce."
wait, lefty's big toe ? or hugo's ? because, lefty being on the left, i would think big-toe-wise would be lefty's right. or am i wrong about that ?

Quote:
"Yeah. Be careful, they come in pairs."

"Oh no! We're in Paris, too!"
paaaa hahahaha !!!!!

Quote:
"Because you don't seem like you're scared pouncey. You seem more happy pouncey".
ooh, happy pouncey. look out, psockpuppet.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:02 PM   #504
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'm croaking up here ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:39 AM   #505
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"The thing is," said Biggles, "We aren't exactly sure that she's involved with anything that Miyatake was getting up to, at all. But she just up and disappeared the same day that that little contretemps on Lake Gatun took place."

"Any idea where she went?" asked Vera.

"Our man at the Airport said that she was seen leaving on a flight to Mexico City."

"That's like three plane changes away. How do you know that was her destination?"

"He pinched her handbag and looked at her ticket."

"Then you were suspicious to begin with?"

"No, he's just a kleptomaniac. Dr Montsnmags is working with him on getting over that, so he returned it to her without her being aware."

"He must be a good pick pocket, then."

"Well, Dr Montsnmags is working with him..." Biggles trailed off and looke ill at ease.

Vera shuddered as she thought of the possible 'alterations' that may have been added.

"Well. there's nothing for it. I have to go to Mexico City and track down what this Teutonic hussy is up to!" Vera stood and took the check. She knew Biggles well enough to avoid the inevitable extended embarrassing moment as he tried to avoid the tab.

"Why not just send a message to the Embassy? Surely they have agents that can track her?"

"Yes, but I need to pick up some Talavera pottery for Christmas presents for my Mom." Vera turned and walked from the cantina.

As she walked away, she vaguely heard Biggles calling after her, "But Christmas was last week!"

"That's the beauty of international shipping, it takes weeks and you can send a wire inquiring about the package you haven't yet shipped and it won't seem strange," she called over her shoulder.

Last edited by pshrynk; 01-02-2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:00 PM   #506
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
"Well, Dr Montsnmags is working with him..."

he's cheap - at any price .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 PM   #507
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Mexico City - A jillion people under a scary volcano, plus Hilda and the socks.

Do Harv and Viv realize how big the airport is there? I hope they brought their walking shoes.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:57 PM   #508
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
"Well, Dr Montsnmags is working with him..."

he's cheap - at any price .....
It's never the "price"; it's the cost:

Cheers,
The (other) Doctor
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #509
pshrynk

That's just disturbing.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #510
pshrynk

He was relaxed, just as he always was. Except for that time recently when he had been split in two parts. That led to some strange experiences, even for him.

Now, he knew what he needed to do. It was all clear. He laid his cards on the table. And grinned.

The squid glanced over at the hand that the gibbon had dropped on the green felt and sighed as only squids can sigh. He looked at his opponent and gave a look that said, "I could actually buy it that you had a Royal Flush once, given that the odds are there that it could happen, but three in one night? That defies the odds, even for an invisible lesser ape. However, given your propensity to random violence, I'm going to turn up my full house and push the pot towards you.*"

Last edited by pshrynk; 01-02-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Tags
birth of the cool, farking and lower farking, hugo and lefty, liseuse, ongoing saga, saga, screaming mad adrian, the birth of the cool, the goose, unutterable silliness, vera