Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #481
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Update: cr3.0.54-46
Reworked library access: Books by Author, Series, Title.
Fixed Spanish translation.
Buggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #482
Buggins
Zealot
Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buggins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Is there a setting which makes the book cover the proper size? 3 updates ago the covers showed up normally. Then we got the image scaling setting. Now the covers are very small. I do see the zoom feature works. But cant figure out how to disable the shrinking of the covers? Disabling image scaling mode doesn't put the covers back to size. Whats funny about this is when I put the nook to sleep the screensaver kicks on and the cover is the right size.
What is book type?
BTW, last Image related changes were made several months ago...
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #483
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Hi Buggins,

Are you still planing to mirror the margins in two page mode?

Regards - John
Yes, as a simple solution.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #484
appthamobileapps
appthamobileapps began at the beginning.

Device: none
Love it too

It's really nice and it has lots of features buddy..
appthamobileapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #485
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggins View Post
What is book type?
BTW, last Image related changes were made several months ago...

Epub.

The first version I installed was cr3-0-45-07.apk and cover images where normal. Took up the majority of the screen as in the proper resolution. I noticed in the settings that the "settings tabs" hadn't been implemented yet.

Then from this thread I installed cr3.0. 54-33.apk which was just recently. I noticed the layout of the settings changed quite a bit. This is when the the covers got tiny. Nothing I do puts the covers back to there proper size. The resolution is shrunk down.

Then installed cr3_0_54_34.apk, then cr3.0.54-38.apk, and then the most recent version cr3.0.54-46.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 01-11-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #486
MCBastos
Enthusiast
MCBastos began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A71
Text reflow issue

New to the forum here...

Among other things, I use CoolReader to read plaintext files (Yes, I do use Calibre to convert to longer files to .epub, but many small ones just aren't worth the bother -- I like being able to read them without having to go through all the conversion rigmarole). One of the reasons I chose it originally was that it did a good job of detecting paragraph breaks and reflowing the text to fit the small screen on my cellphone.

However, since a few weeks, the auto-reflow stopped working. Now instead of a nicely-flowed text, I get stuff like this:

A paragraph that used
to be long and
now has been chopped
into several
small paragraphs.

Note that this happens even in files that *used* to reflow beautifully, so it's unlikely to be a problem with the file.

I don't know if this is a bug, a setting I mistakenly changed (although I searched through all the settings and I couldn't find anything that seemed relevant -- I even tried changing number of settings to see if they helped), or a corrupted install. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but it seems that the settings are not deleted on uninstall -- the history was preserved, for instance, so I would assume other settings weren't reset either. I looked at the SD card and the internal memory with Astro and couldn't find where the settings are kept.

So, I'm asking for help. Is there anything else I should do?
MCBastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #487
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBastos View Post
One of the reasons I chose it originally was that it did a good job of detecting paragraph breaks and reflowing the text to fit the small screen on my cellphone.

However, since a few weeks, the auto-reflow stopped working. Now instead of a nicely-flowed text, I get stuff like this:

A paragraph that used
to be long and
now has been chopped
into several
small paragraphs.

Note that this happens even in files that *used* to reflow beautifully, so it's unlikely to be a problem with the file.
Check whether "Enable text autoformat" option is set for your file (Options/Tab2).
If it's enabled, problem is related to recent changes in text format autodetection.
Isn't some line longer than 80 character in your text?
Could you please send me sample file to <buggins at fromru.com>
Old 01-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #488
Buggins
Zealot

Update cr3.0.55-1
Better support for large screens (tablets).
Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #489
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Epub.

The first version I installed was cr3-0-45-07.apk and cover images where normal. Took up the majority of the screen as in the proper resolution. I noticed in the settings that the "settings tabs" hadn't been implemented yet.

Then from this thread I installed cr3.0. 54-33.apk which was just recently. I noticed the layout of the settings changed quite a bit. This is when the the covers got tiny. Nothing I do puts the covers back to there proper size. The resolution is shrunk down.

Then installed cr3_0_54_34.apk, then cr3.0.54-38.apk, and then the most recent version cr3.0.54-46.
Have you tried to set scale mode "arbitrary" in image scaling settings?
Old 01-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #490
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Have you tried to set scale mode "arbitrary" in image scaling settings?
I have. I've tried every possible combination of settings nothing has worked. I'll update to newest version and try it all again.

Edit: Nope still not working. There is no noticeable change from setting the scale mode to arbitrary.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 01-12-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #491
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Apart from the 30 cents donate button none of the rest are working and half of the buttons on the rightare not showing
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #492
MCBastos
Enthusiast
MCBastos began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A71
Quote:
Check whether "Enable text autoformat" option is set for your file (Options/Tab2).
If it's enabled, problem is related to recent changes in text format autodetection.
Isn't some line longer than 80 character in your text?
Could you please send me sample file to <buggins at fromru.com>
In order:

Yes, it is enabled.
No, the lines are wrapped a bit before the 70th character -- I made a testcase (block paragraph, blank line between paragraphs) file to be sure. I also checked: the testcase uses CR/LF for new line (standard in Windows).

I'm pasting a couple paragraphs from the testcase below, and I'll be sending you the entire file to your email.

Thanks for the attention,
MCBastos

P.S.: as a possible enhancement idea... being able to turn off the paragraph detection without giving up the rest of the autoformatting might be useful in some cases -- for reading poetry, for instance.

====Begin testcase file ===

NOTICE OF REVOCATION OF INDEPENDENCE

To the citizens of the United States of America,

In the light of your failure to elect a President of the USA and
thus to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation
of your independence, effective today. Her Sovereign Majesty Queen
Elizabeth II will resume monarchial duties over all states,
commonwealths and other territories. Except Utah, which she does
not fancy. Your new prime minister (The Right Honourable Tony
Blair, MP for the 97.85% of you who have until now been unaware
that there is a world outside your borders) will appoint a minister
for America without the need for further elections. Congress and
the Senate will be disbanded.

A questionnaire will be circulated next year to determine whether
any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the
following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

Last edited by MCBastos; 01-12-2012 at 09:52 PM.
MCBastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #493
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBastos View Post
In order:

Yes, it is enabled.
No, the lines are wrapped a bit before the 70th character -- I made a testcase (block paragraph, blank line between paragraphs) file to be sure. I also checked: the testcase uses CR/LF for new line (standard in Windows).

I'm pasting a couple paragraphs from the testcase below, and I'll be sending you the entire file to your email.

Thanks for the attention,
MCBastos
Thank you for this sample!
I've fixed this bug: 3.0.55-7
Old 01-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #494
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Thank you for this sample!
I've fixed this bug: 3.0.55-7
I keep downloading updates in hope that something will fix the cover issue. But I think my Christmas wishes are too far gone.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #495
Buggins
Zealot

Quote:
I keep downloading updates in hope that something will fix the cover issue. But I think my Christmas wishes are too far gone.
I'll mention this change in update notes, once done.

Tags
cool reader, fb2 epub rtf chm fbreader