Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-04-2023, 12:04 PM   #451
almaviva
almaviva began at the beginning.

Device: Google Pixel 4A
This is excellent news about the Pixel cutout. I can confirm it works beautifully on my old (but still great) Pixel 4a.

Can anyone tell me how to thank the developers? I'd love to make a donation.

Thanks,
Oliver H.
almaviva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 03:55 PM   #452
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by almaviva View Post
This is excellent news about the Pixel cutout. I can confirm it works beautifully on my old (but still great) Pixel 4a.

Can anyone tell me how to thank the developers? I'd love to make a donation.

Thanks,
Oliver H.
There's https://liberapay.com/KOReader

But a simple thank you is good enough.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2023, 01:56 PM   #453
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozlows View Post
the most relevant thing seemed to be the PR about fixing screen refresh issues on the Sage
Extremely unlikely, that targets a very very very specific display driver bug that you'll recognize if you ever see it; in a very specific context (toggling wifi).

I'd have been mighty interested in seeing verbose debug logs of that issue, because the only input issue I'm aware of is *missed* taps, not *repeated* taps, and is specific to power-management (specifically, autosuspend), and we've worked around it for a good long while now, so it shouldn't be an issue in KOReader (but you might still encounter it in Nickel).

(For others following at home, it's also specific to the sunxi devices; and it also affects the Elipsa's touch panel (to a much greater extent, because it *also* has non-PM related issues with buggy handling of spurious 0-pressure events)).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 04:31 PM   #454
mallomar
Enthusiast
mallomar began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air 2, Kindle Oasis 2
Noticed a bug recently on my Onyx Boox Note Air 2 and my wife's Nova Air C where KOReader doesn't respect the system brightness and automatically goes to auto brightness at night. The only way I've been able to figure it out is by turning auto-brightness off in KOReader. This is a somewhat recent bug in the past month or so.
mallomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 06:45 PM   #455
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Onyx Boox is a mess, including brightness. I resorted to system only controls of light
mergen3107 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2023, 12:16 AM   #456
ext23
ext23 began at the beginning.

Device: Hisense A9
I just got a Hisense A9 and immediately installed KOReader because it worked so well on my old Kindle.

The Hisense has a programmable button that lets you refresh the screen, turn the light on/off, turn pages, that kind of thing.

The main reason I got the A9 is because it's also a really good music player, so I set the button for a single press to play/pause music, and a double press to skip to the next track. These options work throughout Android, but in KOReader, only the double press works...I tried setting the single press to turn to the next page, and KOReader didn't recognise that either. The light on/off on single press DID work, though, I guess because it's a system setting and not dependent on what app you're using.

So, KOReader is registering the double press, but not the single press. How can I fix this? Or tell it to let the system have control of button presses or whatever? Please help!!
ext23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2023, 01:13 PM   #457
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Media keys are all already forwarded to the system, that includes play/pause, stop, next and previous. The only keys we might consume and thus not forward to system are volume up/down (check the setting in "settings" -> "navigation".

That means that, most likely, the key events your device emits are not standard android keys. We eat all those keys, because that's mandatory for us to be able to remap them.

Have a look at https://github.com/koreader/koreader...customize-keys. The last link in the section will give you instructions to know which key events your device emits.

Hopefully you will be able to figure out the keys id (a number) emited by single presses on those buttons. Please report them here so we can forward them to the system. It is not possible to do it with remaps yourself if they're not standard because that part of the logic is buried deep inside our input handler

Last edited by pazos; 08-26-2023 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:19 PM   #458
ext23

Thank you so much! I was able to get the keypress log:

Code:
08-27 08:17:10.179 12180 12210 V KOReader: key event => code: 126 (nil), value: 1, time: 3912.711000
08-27 08:17:10.183 12180 12210 V KOReader: key event => code: 126 (nil), value: 0, time: 3912.711000
This is for a single press. Can this be forwarded to system?
Old 08-29-2023, 10:27 AM   #459
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext23 View Post
Thank you so much! I was able to get the keypress log:

Code:
08-27 08:17:10.179 12180 12210 V KOReader: key event => code: 126 (nil), value: 1, time: 3912.711000
08-27 08:17:10.183 12180 12210 V KOReader: key event => code: 126 (nil), value: 0, time: 3912.711000
This is for a single press. Can this be forwarded to system?
Thanks! Yes it can

Sorry, it was my bad, I didn't notice AKEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY
.Most handsets and controllers use "AKEYCODE_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE" instead.

Give me a couple of days to submit a patch.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:19 AM   #460
ext23

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Thank you so much! This is great news for me because honestly this device has been a bit of a headache, but this fix will make everything much more enjoyable.

Connecting to Calibre over wifi crashes the app, for example, but the exact same thing works perfectly on my old Paperwhite.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:39 AM   #461
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext23 View Post
Connecting to Calibre over wifi crashes the app, for example, but the exact same thing works perfectly on my old Paperwhite.
That stuff should work the same on all the platforms and devices, so feel free to report a bug on github following the issue templates.

Forums are good for questions (and for those who have an opinion on each single topic ). Github is way better for the issue at hand
Old 08-29-2023, 05:59 PM   #462
pazos
cosiñeiro

Quote:
That stuff should work the same on all the platforms and devices, so feel free to report a bug on github following the issue templates.

Forums are good for questions (and for those who have an opinion on each single topic ). Github is way better for the issue at hand
Edit: but first make sure you're able to reproduce on anything different than v2023.6.1. There's a known bug on android related to wifi handling which was fixed a long time ago but isn't yet part of any "monthly" releases.

Both v2023.06 or any nightly of the past 3 weeks are ok to test if you can reproduce. If so please do follow my advice above

Edit2: lol, instead of editing my previous comment I made a mess quoting my previous comment. Hopefully the intent is still clear.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:19 PM   #463
ext23

Quote:

OK I will do this in future (never used Github before but I'll try)!

I tried connecting wireless again and...this time it worked without crashing. No idea what changed, this Hisense device has a mind of its own sometimes.

Looking forwards to the button hotfix, thanks again, I'll be sending a donation your way.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:40 PM   #464
ext23

Quote:
Sorry for the double post. How can I keep track of when this patch goes live?
Old 08-30-2023, 05:51 PM   #465
ppirx
ppirx began at the beginning.

Device: PW2 (90D4 XXXX) 5.12.2.2 - & - tolino shine3
koreader on a tolino shine3 (android 4.4.2) not updating

Hello everyone,
I was looking for a hint about my koreader on a tolino shine3 (android 4.4.2) not updating to newest releases stable nor nightly. "your device seems to be unable to download packages" even the built in browser cannot handle the file format. "... not supportd". I am wondering, because i think it worked once!? Would be grateful for any help. I installed it via rhe fibonacci search dev environment beside the simple ink launcher
Cheers Daniel
ppirx is offline   Reply With Quote