Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 01:14 PM   #31
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... as if there's no other product like InvisibleShield on the market ...

Well, technically ... there might not be. I, personally, know of no other firm with the selection, customer service BEFORE and AFTER the sale, and hassle-free warranty that Zagg offers.

For example, *I* recently messed up a Zagg InvisibleShield on my Kobo. ENTIRELY my fault for creating a mark on it. I called Zagg to order a replacement, and the customer service rep stated that the cover carried a lifetime warranty, and refused to make me pay for a new one. I had a replacement in my hands in a couple days.

Maybe their extraordinary service and all DO make them rather unique in the industry.

I buy 'em. I use 'em. They enhance my electronics items. They are great, IMHO. I will continue to purchase them - and recommend them.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #32
karthwyne
Connoisseur
karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.karthwyne has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Wifi, Kindle US
I have to disagree with you on the Customer Service - Zagg is among the worst I have ever dealt with. Their ZaggBuds died within 3 months, absolutely horrible build quality for something they were trying to charge $80 for. This is after flat out refusing to resend the order when the USPS failed to deliver it. I had to escalate 3 levels to finally get a replacement order sent, but then they refuse to offer any warranty on ANY of the items in the order.

I still have invisibleshields on many devices, but will always look to a competitor's pricing before checking zagg. I'll never buy another thing from zagg without at least a 50% coupon (which isn't too difficult to find - I think there is a reason for that).
karthwyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #33
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
Greymobiles on Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=ANAVDXW13PGGC

I have similar on my BlackBerry Storm, but not sure as I like the matte screen. Might buy a a set to try out
bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #34
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
For example, *I* recently messed up a Zagg InvisibleShield on my Kobo. ENTIRELY my fault for creating a mark on it. I called Zagg to order a replacement, and the customer service rep stated that the cover carried a lifetime warranty, and refused to make me pay for a new one. I had a replacement in my hands in a couple days.

I already mentioned it in this thread, but BSE did the same thing with me, and they don't even claim to have a lifetime warranty. I emailed their CS fishing for something along the lines of a discount code so I could buy another unit after I made a mistake applying the skin to my Touch Pro 2, and the next day received the following email:

Quote:
Hello Matt,

We are certainly sorry to hear about the application problem. We will send you a complimentary replacement right away.

We're not sure what may have produced the problem but if you used a soap other than baby shampoo, please use the baby shampoo. Also make sure the solution is spread evenly over the adhesive before applying so all areas can move freely before sticking down.

Thank you for your business. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Best regards,
Sherry T
Support Team
Zagg might be great ---heck, Monster brand cables are pretty great. But there are plenty of products out there now who provide the same product at much better prices, with equally great customer service.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #35
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... I have to disagree with you on the Customer Service ...

Isn't life funny that way? I can achieve total satisfaction with someone - someone who gives ulcers to someone else.

And so it goes ...
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2010, 07:54 PM   #36
chris2x
chris2x began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch + Kindle software, Kindle Wifi+3G
guys - i've installed my Green Onion Screen Protector, and I have to say that it protects almost all of the screen (i say almost because there's a tiny fraction of a centimeter uncovered on one side and on the top), and it doesn't have any glare.

what i am worried about though is that i seem to have lost a bit of the black that i have grown accustomed to. i'm not sure where to go from here, but as soon as i can post pics i will so that you can decide yourself.
chris2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #37
Trickery
Pew Pew!
Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle v3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickery View Post
http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...dle-3_4001.htm

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...dle-3_4001.htm

Eek, reviews don't look great but for $5.05 for both the Crystal and 5 Anti-Glare protectors, I'll try them and report back.

Below are the Amazon purchase links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A30XRGG45X0IFD
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A30XRGG45X0IFD

Got my package today that included the Crystal and 5 Anti-Glare Boxwave Screen Protectors. Since I had so many, I wanted to test the difference between the normal screen and Anti-Glare. Cut one in half, installed it and I could barely tell the difference between the normal screen and the Kindle screen. There was absolutely no difference in glare between the side with and the side without the protector.

Crystal was a completely different matter. Added a straight mirror gloss effect to the screen and I could easily see my reflection. The Crystal product might be decent on color touch screens, but horrible on the kindle in terms of glare. However with no overhead light or glare, I could literally not tell it was on. Period. Might be good for those just reading inside, but horrible for out in the sun or if you have a ceiling fan light on.

I went through 4 out of the 5 Anti-Glare screen protectors to make it look perfect. I ditched the Crystal right away. Main notes that may help:

1. Use the microfiber cloth that comes with the package vigorously.
2. After using the cloth, get one of those compressed air cans and go to town on the screen.
3. Get in a place where there is little to no dust. (Dining room, bathroom after you've taken a shower.)
4. Make sure you don't lay it down all at once. Put one corner down, and use the applicator to smooth out bubbles as you go. Lift the protector up if there are air bubbles and reapply as you go while still holding on to one corner.
5. If you're not quick enough, lint or dust WILL get under and cause tiny annoying bubbles that cannot be squashed out. Get a roll of scotch tape, get a strip and lay it adhesive side up on the screen. Let the protector fall on the tape and remove the lint/dust for you. Repeat steps 4-5 till you're done.

I had my kindle installed in my cover with the light built in. When I turned off the light in the bathroom and turned on the cover light, I could see bubbles clear as day! Imagine installing the protector, thinking it was alright, only to see these bubbles later when you went to do some night reading. The bubbles really do get an exaggerated shadow effect when the light is shown at the same left of the screen. I wasted 1 or 2 protectors figuring this out.

Take your time with the scotch tape and the "Pull up, squash bubbles, reapply" method and you'll be golden.

I can't even tell it's on anymore! I got 5 of them for 2.55 when they were mis-priced for a 1 cent each. For $5 total w/ shipping (the current price), this is completely worth it when installed correctly and with OCD like determination.

Edit: Fixed links in the quote.

Last edited by Trickery; 09-10-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Trickery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So where are the photos of the K2 or K3 screen with a screen protector? No cell phone photos please. Use a good digital camera.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #39
chris2x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So where are the photos of the K2 or K3 screen with a screen protector? No cell phone photos please. Use a good digital camera.
whoops! they're in my camera... let me upload them over the weekend. too bad i don't have before pictures (though there should be plenty of those already).

i have to say tho... i'm no longer fretting about the screen protector. i guess i got used to the small loss of contrast.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So would you say that a K3 with a decent screen protector is comparable to a K2 or is the K2 better or is the K3 still better?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #41
chris2x

unfortunately i haven't seen the K2 yet, so i can't make the comparison.

i've attached two pictures from my camera. if you zoom in at the lower right corner of the screen you'll notice the difference in color of the screen with and without the screen protector (the unprotected edge is whiter vs. yellowed tinge on the protected area).

let me know if you want any other pictures from other angles taken.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle no flash.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	680.0 KB
ID:	58539   Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle with flash.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	885.3 KB
ID:	58540  
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #42
stanleystarrh
Banned
stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stanleystarrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'd highly recommend ArmorSuit from Amazon

I've been using it for a couple of months now and it's extremely solid. I'd recommend looking at their video on YouTube!
stanleystarrh is offline   Reply With Quote